2023 Denis Ten Memorial Junior (non CS) Events | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Denis Ten Memorial Junior (non CS) Events

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Darya GRIMM / Michail SAVITSKIY GER - he in black and she in bright red skate to
Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso by Camille Saint-Saens and Habanera (new arrangement) performed by Soprano. This is an ambitious program full of great difficulty and strong musicality. Shades of a modern Carmen. It seems less frenetic than earlier this season, maybe they are just better at it. It did not seem as fast as the previous couple, but the holds and transitions were more complex.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I liked this German pair better in the rhytm dance than I do now. Probably the polka-dot jacket gave the partner a unique charm.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I liked this German pair better in the rhytm dance than I do now. Probably the polka-dot jacket gave the partner a unique charm.
Same - this free feels a bit forced. I loved their short dance.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I liked the Georgian pair better, but they should sharpen their technical skills to stay on point and be competitive. Overall I hope for a good future for them.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Will the junior awards be now or at the end of the day with the adults?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Because the motorsports championships I watch have been so back-loaded this season, this is actually the first time I have seen Darya and Michail's Free Dance.

There is no doubt that they are a class act. And I like them as people. But, I don't like this Free Dance programme.

I suspect that I would enjoy it more if it had been an instrumental rather than having vocals.

But, that aside, they deserved to win.

I was just looking at the Free Dance results, and there is roughly a 10 point gap between each partnership. It's funny looking at the table, because it's not often that you see scores so regularly spaced.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Will the junior awards be now or at the end of the day with the adults?

I would guess that all Podium Ceremonies will be in between the Senior Free Dance and the Gala.

I felt sorry for the Junior girls yesterday, because they had to wait over 8 and a half hours from the end of their competition to get their medals. :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so disappointed that yesterday's stream is gone. I was looking forward to re-watching some of the RD. I posted individual links as many as I could find in the REWATCH.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And we are live...over to senior free dance thread

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Darya GRIMM / Michail SAVITSKIY GER - he in black and she in bright red skate to
Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso by Camille Saint-Saens and Habanera (new arrangement) performed by Soprano. This is an ambitious program full of great difficulty and strong musicality. Shades of a modern Carmen. It seems less frenetic than earlier this season, maybe they are just better at it. It did not seem as fast as the previous couple, but the holds and transitions were more complex.
I always try to judge speed by the Step Sequences & One foot turn sequences, as a team with good skating skills doing mostly basic crossovers can easily appear faster than a team with better Skating skills doing complex choreography, and I'm not seeing huge amounts of difference. A/B looked slightly faster and more secure in the OFT, but there was very little difference in the DiSt, maybe the Germans even looked a bit faster imo, but that could be due to camera movement/angle too.

Either way, both teams did pretty well here, but there are still obvious sticky moments in both routines, that will hopefully be improved on during the course of the season. G/S had a rocky start to the season with illness and injury, and A/B are a very new team, so I'm guessing the improvements will be bigger than for some other Junior teams of the same/similar calibers.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Podium Ceremony for Junior Men starting now, and will be followed by Junior Ice Dance.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This is funny. The tops of the guys' heads are all at exactly the same height off the ice, even though they are on different heights of steps! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
This is funny. The tops of the guys' heads are all at exactly the same height off the ice, even though they are on different heights of steps! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan
I'm worried about Konstantin, he's very tall for his 15 years. It will be difficult for him to master multi-turn jumps.