2023 Denis Ten Memorial Junior (non CS) Events | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 Denis Ten Memorial Junior (non CS) Events

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I hope Ali is alright after that hard fall.
He seemed quite normal during the announcement of grades. I hope all is well. Hard falls are part of any skater's story.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At these competitions I was cheering for Konstantin, so he is "my favorite son" today :biggrin:
I enjoyed his skating. He has a nice easy style and there is not a lot of worry about the jumps when he skates. Congratulations to him on moving up to finish second.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We now finish the Junior competitions with what is the first part of a Free Dance double-bill. A group of 4 Junior partnerships.

Livestream for the Junior Free Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPFn1Yy-d80

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://results.vistream.com.pl/FS/2...JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://results.vistream.com.pl/FS/2324/CSKAZ2023/SEG012.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well time for a break and perhaps dance or maybe some sleep.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
God, how I miss folk dancing..... When are they gonna take this theme to rhythm dance?
These guys remind me of the Balkan dances from Kusturica's movies.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Eva SHELAEVA / Ivan SOLOVYEV KAZ
She looks adorable in a peasant skirt and pink sweater. He is brown pants & leopard pattern shirt. Not sure of the story but the music is listed as Long Vehicle, Daddy's Gone, Devo Dance. My guess is they are out for a drive, come home and Daddy is out so they have a dance party.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Can you get any more stereotypically French than this programme? All they needed were a couple of baguettes and a string of onions, and the theme would have been completed!

I do get concerned whenever I see Ice Dancers wearing that style of dress, because I worry about the blade getting caught in it.

That was really enjoyable. Kazakhstan has a good crop of skaters at the moment across the categories.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
God, how I miss folk dancing..... When are they gonna take this theme to rhythm dance?
These guys remind me of the Balkan dances from Kusturica's movies.
Folk dances were done in 2009 & 2010.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Can you get any more stereotypically French than this programme? All they needed were a couple of baguettes and a string of onions, and the theme would have been completed!

I do get concerned whenever I see Ice Dancers wearing that style of dress, because I worry about the blade getting caught in it.

That was really enjoyable. Kazakhstan has a good crop of skaters at the moment across the categories.

CaroLiza_fan
I don't think so. I wouldn't have thought of France if you hadn't told me. It's more like something Serbian :)

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Folk dances were done in 2009 & 2010.
It was so long ago...
In fact, folk dancing is a very difficult theme, it requires both artistry and dedication, and a high degree of professionalism in technique.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mia Lee MAYER / Davide CALDERARI GER skate to Chaplin music in shades of grey and she in a pink sweater. Tall and long lines. Good speed and a nice sense of humor.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't think so. I wouldn't have thought of France if you hadn't told me. It's more like something Serbian :)

To be fair, peasant dress does look pretty much the same where-ever you go in Europe. So, I'll give you that. But I was also factoring in the music, which sounded French to me.

Whatever they were going for, it was a nice programme. And I agree with you guys - it is time for folk dance as a theme again. Difficult though it is to get just right.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mariia ALIEVA / Yehor BARSHAK GEO are skaters from ION club. Their music is
Balder by Christian Reindl, Lucie Paradis, Breathe by Fleurie & Tommee Profitt, and Jekyll & Hide by Bishop Briggs & White Panda. They are dressed in greyish blue outfits. Great speed to start.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Go, Georgia! You must be having a good day today!

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not sure of the theme of that one - adding up the pieces I get frenzy, anxiety, Jekyll & Hyde.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Wow, and that was a really good and solid dance from the Georgia Juniors. I think I even know who they were inspired by. I enjoyed both dances and I wish the guys good luck in other competitions.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I absolutely loved that programme from Mariia and Yehor!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

...until the last song. That really spoiled it for me.

But, the skating was great, and that is the main thing.

CaroLiza_fan

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I absolutely loved that programme from Mariia and Yehor!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

...until the last song. That really spoiled it for me.

But, the skating was great, and that is the main thing.

CaroLiza_fan
I don't really understand why this dance needed dupstep either, except for the abrupt change of pace.