2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
I got an email today from Southwest Airlines advertising a Cyber Monday sale (30% off), Southwest is one of the airlines that flys into Colorado Springs! I took advantage of it and now have refundable flights :)

Code is CYBER30

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I would expect the front four rows or so with champaign and caviar service to go for $350 or so. Hard to tell now a days with inflation. If I am stymied, I will buy the cheep seats for $200 something and go the the individual tickets to get closer to the ice for certain events.

I have been mentally preparing myself for much worse. So that is comforting. I am happy to see "Tuesday" as part of it as that seems pretty clear we can see practices.

I just wish i could get a little more info. Need to discuss with the better half what we want and what is worth it and not leave it last minute.... since we may both log in and try to get seats. The only events we have been to is the Broadmoor Open and more of a kids aimed charity thing with Max Aaron and Polina Edmunds that happened to be rather convenient... so very blind leading the blind situation.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I rather miss real tickets... seems so much simpler to me and you get a souvenir.

My firm has done a couple of baseball games... you can get real tickets for more money! And each time it is a song and dance around the office trying to get the damn things on everyone's phones!

i am hopeful my phone is even new enough to use it. I tried to download the app to check into my hotel on my phone... nope phone too old.

It seems that this site things i have used it before as i had and account with an old credit card. Somehow because the old one was there, i was able to upload two spares in advance.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Welcome to the world of new techology! There are actually people out there who are clueless that their phones will stop working depending on if they are Verizon, Att, ? if the phone isnt rated for LTE 4G as 3 g is going away. With trafone, I just upgraded both my fones to 5G for free.
The 3G thing happened in February. We just got our plan and phone sorted out in November 2 days before my husband went to the US on a trip. It was his second trip to the US since the shutdown; for the first, our carrier thought his phone would work there, but they were wrong. Then there was a shortage of cheap (well, $100 cheap) phones.

This shutting down networks has happened before. Rogers shut down one of their networks in Canada about 15 years ago; they actually gave us a free phone at that time. My daughter's Verizon phone stopped working in Canada a few years ago when Telus shut down one of their networks. Before 4G, there were two totally separate technologies involved; ATT/Rogers/most of the world used GSM and Verizon/Telus used something else. I believe they have finally converged.

But get this, even the new one is NOT A SMARTPHONE, so I am out of luck with apps, etc. Fortunately my daughter has joined the smart phone crowd so I can get her to get the tickets.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was trying to figure out why I don't remember purchasing my 2019 4CC all-event ticket. Now I know why. I bought all my tickets through Groupon. Each day I bought my tickets for the following day. I saved a fortune, and I didn't have to pay for the events that I wasn't going to attend. Only downside was that they didn't sell practice tickets

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was trying to figure out why I don't remember purchasing my 2019 4CC all-event ticket. Now I know why. I bought all my tickets through Groupon. Each day I bought my tickets for the following day. I saved a fortune, and I didn't have to pay for the events that I wasn't going to attend. Only downside was that they didn't sell practice tickets
Selling tickets through groupon is an excellent idea for USFS. It is a good way to attract a local audience, some of whom may become fans. At the very least, they get some revenue from the extra ticket sales. This assumes, of course, that there are lots of seats available after the prime Japanese tour groups and other out-of-town attendees have been accomodated.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It worked out great with Groupon. I printed the tickets on the hotel's printer. There were quite a few seats available (regrettably!), so I wasn't worried about being able to get a ticket on the short side, which is where I like to sit.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
gosh.. i didn't know groupon still existed...

Random thought of the day : today I was watching long track speed skating 4CC... and thought, as Canada was really strong, well of course, the Netherlands are not here... so it is a bit easier for Canadians to win some medals in the longer distances.. but then, I thought about figure skating...

Here it is :

This is THE YEAR where 4CC will be more exciting IN ALL disciplines than EUROS. Rare thing for sure. Lucky are those who can make it.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It worked out great with Groupon. I printed the tickets on the hotel's printer. There were quite a few seats available (regrettably!), so I wasn't worried about being able to get a ticket on the short side, which is where I like to sit.
I think we both know "quite a few" is an understatement. Unfortunately for me, I bought tickets from the official website (probably Ticketmaster). :palmf: At least they were only for one event (and were very close to the action). Imagine my shock when I saw advertising for discounted tickets on Groupon at a local ice rink in Anaheim! 😱 (My friend and I felt like skating there beforehand.)

Still haven't decided whether to attend 4CC next year or not- I'm too busy planning my trip to Worlds at the moment!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think we both know "quite a few" is an understatement. Unfortunately for me, I bought tickets from the official website (probably Ticketmaster). :palmf: At least they were only for one event (and were very close to the action). Imagine my shock when I saw advertising for discounted tickets on Groupon at a local ice rink in Anaheim! 😱 (My friend and I felt like skating there beforehand.)

Still haven't decided whether to attend 4CC next year or not- I'm too busy planning my trip to Worlds at the moment!
The ticket situation was SO poorly handled. I remember TSL Jonathan saying he was trying to buy tickets online, and for some reason he couldn't. I think it was telling him all the tickets were sold. I enjoyed the competition but will probably only go if my favorite skater participates, which I think is unlikely. I've gone a bit (?!) beyond my budget with attending 4 competitions this year.

Sure hate to miss Worlds. So jealous.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The ticket situation was SO poorly handled. I remember TSL Jonathan saying he was trying to buy tickets online, and for some reason he couldn't. I think it was telling him all the tickets were sold. I enjoyed the competition but will probably only go if my favorite skater participates, which I think is unlikely. I've gone a bit (?!) beyond my budget with attending 4 competitions this year.

Sure hate to miss Worlds. So jealous.
Please don't be jealous! Skate America this year looked amazing, I'm glad you were able to go there! I unfortunately had to decide between that and Skate Canada...:(

Also, shouting will not be allowed in the Saitama Super Arena (though clapping is encouraged)... It's gonna be tough for me to not cheer loudly for all of those amazing skaters who will be there (but especially tough if Shoma's there!).

I'm definitely busting my budget by going to Worlds next year, but going to Japan for the first time ever will be a dream come true...!

But back to the main topic. I didn't have any issues with actually buying the 4CC 2019 tickets, which I bought in December 2018. If I do go next year, it will likely be a last-minute decision...it may depend on whether Shoma goes or not.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
You mean because Russians would compete in Euros?
not exclusively... for instance, in ice dance, without Guillaume and Gabriella and both Spanish teams etc...It has happened often that Euros had more depth especially in pairs and dance... but this time around, with the emergence of Japanese pairs and dance teams, and those not being there for various reasons in this post olympic season, 4 CC has more depth in all fields.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
And then there's this. So sale (or maybe pre-sales will be Monday or Thursday (or maybe Friday)! I'm almost ready to give up and stay home.

U.S. Figure Skating presents​

ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2023 - ALL SESSION​

ALL SESSION PASS
Broadmoor World Arena
3185 Venetucci Blvd
Colorado Springs, CO 80906

TUE FEB 7, 2023 - 9:00 AM
Ages: All Ages
Doors Open: 8:00 AM
Onsale: THU DEC 15, 2022 - 10:00 AMA