2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat | Page 9 | Golden Skate
  • Hello folks!

Please refrain from mentioning and/or comparing skaters in competition (or related threads) that ARE NOT competing at those events. It derails the thread/topic and they will be removed without notice.

GS Forum Staff

2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Does anyone know where the judges or Kiss'n'Cry will be on this map?

map-04603545d3.JPG

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
FYI - if you plan on staying 5 days or more for the competition Fairfield Inn on Geiser st (10 minutes walk from the arena) is having a special "Long term stay" starting at $99/night.
Hi nguyhm! Thanks for the tip....I changed over from the Hilton to the Fairfield.
You had to find the special rate box but it was worth it. I was paying $139 at the hilton with a free hot breakfast.
Very frustrated with Fairfield. Every time I put in a number, say CVC code of 123, I found I had to wait five seconds for it to "Take"
They wouldnt let me change my email to something I used in this century. The wouldnt let me book just being a human bean. I had to be coyoteChris. When I called, I got ahold of someone in a distant land...and the call was dropped. But I finally got the reservation. They changed the dates back to Dec 9th!!! So I canceled that one and started again. This time I knew about the key stroke lag.
Will have to see if I can get a human bean to help me with the email when I get back. I still had the old account so there is that.
Are you coming? I have to drag up an old pic of you so I can recognize you!!!

Last edited:

nguyhm

On the Ice
Hi nguyhm! Thanks for the tip....I changed over from the Hilton to the Fairfield.
You had to find the special rate box but it was worth it. I was paying $139 at the hilton with a free hot breakfast.
Very frustrated with Fairfield. Every time I put in a number, say CVC code of 123, I found I had to wait five seconds for it to "Take"
They wouldnt let me change my email to something I used in this century. The wouldnt let me book just being a human bean. I had to be coyoteChris. When I called, I got ahold of someone in a distant land...and the call was dropped. But I finally got the reservation. They changed the dates back to Dec 9th!!! So I canceled that one and started again. This time I knew about the key stroke lag.
Will have to see if I can get a human bean to help me with the email when I get back. I still had the old account so there is that.
Are you coming? I have to drag up an old pic of you so I can recognize you!!!
@CoyoteChris hi Chris - I'm sorry to hear that you had such hard time changing your hotel to Fairfield. I'm glad that you got the reservation in the end.
I would love to be able to attend 4CC to cheer on my favorites and will try my best to be there. Hope to see you then.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
FYI - if you plan on staying 5 days or more for the competition Fairfield Inn on Geiser st (10 minutes walk from the arena) is having a special "Long term stay" starting at $99/night.
Do they have any rooms with kitchen facilities? All I see listed is mini-fridges.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
@NanaPat the Fairfield does not have a kitchen in the rooms. I think that there are mini fridges and microwave. They have free breakfast though :wink:
Thanks. I saw a room picture that showed a microwave but didn't see it listed under the amenities.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Thank you. It is also a condition of my skating companion.

Honestly the idea of living on restaurants for a week does not sound great to me either. I want to have better options. We are half thinking of just cooking a turkey early in the week to have left overs for sandwiches the rest of the time lol.

I have stayed in Residence Inn's before and like them. We got the suite so we have a bedroom as well as living area as it was only like $10 more a night I think.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Wonder what the Fairfield considers a "breakfast"? Grits and gruel?
Skeptical

Was at a old Quality Inn this weekend. Hot breakfast had waffle batter and Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches we had to nuke on our own.

I am hoping for better from Residence Inn... but not like i have much of an option.

so anyway mr. friends of figure skating... have ya found out if you are in the presale... or who is? My better half has a doctors appointment we have been waiting on since August at 9 that i really want to be at ... but he says the tickets are more important.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I am not a happy camper. I am boarding my cruise tomorrow and USFS is silent. That is rude and insolent to treat your doners like that. I will have some sort of wifi on the ship that will be slightly faster than Moris code. If I cant get tickets on the ship, I will email gal pal to buy them. Figure out how to transfer them later. :bang: :((n) Not happy with the fake benifits advertised in the FOFS brochure.

It is so unnecessarily disrespectful. I mean if this is the Penrose presale i mentioned before so be it... just bloody tell us!

I mean, yes you should still get presale, but to not even say anything... makes no sense. I have been talking about this event for months at work and even they are starting to wonder and ask questions. BTW some even have show interest... there has been no advertising i have seen for this in Denver... zip zilch nada. This is not that far. People i talk to are interested enough that i do think there is a market. But nothing. Do they want to grow the sport. Hell do they at least want to make money?

I still don't know if i am going to go to better half's doctor's appointment or try to get tickets... how delightful!

We likely will go even with crap seats... not that worried about it selling out completely. Better half and i are joking if we get crap (aka cheap) seats we may just spend the money on a couple nights at the Broadmoor to make up for it. Gotta make lemonade out of lemons so you have something to mix the vodka with i say!

amanda.bauer

Spectator
UPDATE: The website has been updated showing that tickets will go on sale Monday (the 12th) instead of Friday (the 16th)
Anybody know how to get this presale code??? There was nothing on the information on the site about needing one, but I can't buy tickets.