2023 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Jesus H Christ, y'all need to get a grip with the wuzrobbed.

If USFSA is going to flex whatever imaginary influence you think they may have, it will certainly not be wasted to alter the 5-7 pairs standings at a weak-ass 4CC in an off-Olympic year.
I also don't think they would be putting their 4th placed team above their 3rd placed team whose status is already being questioned because they're being sent to Worlds instead of fan-favourites, but unfortunately luckless, Smirnova /Siianytsia.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Poor Kelly Ann and Loucas - they get left behind because of home cooking. No way should P/F have scored that high.
Please explain how home cooking works in this situation. The Tech Panel is all European, who presumably love Americans even less than they do Canadians. Only one of 9 judges is from the USA. Are you suggesting something nefarious is going on with the panel/judges?

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love this program. Love her Laurence style braid and the synchronized beautiful elements to exciting music. First on my card.

readernick

Medalist

If USFSA is going to flex whatever imaginary influence you think they may have, it will certainly not be wasted to alter the 5-7 pairs standings at a weak-ass 4CC in an off-Olympic year.
There is a group of three posters here who do this at every pairs competition. I chose to believe it's because they don't understand the way pairs is scored. But, choosing to not look at the resources available ( protocols) which clearly shows no home cooking is willful ignorance. Some people want to be mad. It's fine. Just block.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

4CC is exactly all about setting up your tier 2 teams for the following season... KF are not eternal... You are correct to say it really doesn't matter right now... just a small event... but momentum is everything in this sport.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Already feeling sorry for Deanna and Max. Cause it is looking like no matter how they skate they will end up 3rd behind Chan/Howe even if the later have multiple errors (like they did in the short).
Deanna and Max are in second... Sure, one could argue the distance to Chan/Howe should be bigger (like I did yesterday), but they are in second. If they wanted to, they could have put Chan/Howe ahead of them, but they didn't.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
It doesn’t look like anyone is particularly good tbh. Not a fan of P/F, but eh…

Chantilly

On the Ice
Really hope Lia decides to focus on pairs.
I think she has so much more potential in pairs.
I also hope they make use of her singles strength and start working on throw flip or lutz.
Loved the combo spin, even with its being a touch clunky
Trent has way more chemistry with Lia than he ever did with his former partner.
Love their powerful, athletic but romantic vibe.
Lia has really grown through her very short pairs season.
She’s becoming a star.