2023 German Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 German Championships

CrazyKittenLady

Thanks for skating, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Shame about the pop but otherwise a beautiful performance from Kristina. And her dress is a lovely colour.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
She is currently in last place.

I had a feeling she would be. But, I didn't want to commit myself.

Shame about the pop but otherwise a beautiful performance from Kristina. And her dress is a lovely colour.

Wasn't it just! (On both counts!)

Does Germany have two slots for either of the Majors? Or are Nicole and Kristina fighting over one slot?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Two for Worlds, one for Euros.

Yipes. And with Euros being next week, I suppose it is far too late to make a decision on who goes to Espoo based on Nationals.

So, it will definitely be Nicole in Euros, then.

CaroLiza_fan

CrazyKittenLady

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Yipes. And with Euros being next week, I suppose it is far too late to make a decision on who goes to Espoo based on Nationals.

So, it will definitely be Nicole in Euros, then.

CaroLiza_fan
Euros is in three weeks, but entries are already out. Nicole is going.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Interesting that Nicole didn't use her Short from this season here, but what amounts to a shortened and restructured version of last season's Free skate 🤔 Wonder if she's changing it for the rest of the season, or testing out what judges like more/what works better...

CrazyKittenLady

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Interesting that Nicole didn't use her Short from this season here, but what amounts to a shortened and restructured version of last season's Free skate 🤔 Wonder if she's changing it for the rest of the season, or testing out what judges like more/what works better...
oh good, and I thought I was going crazy because the program seemed off and familiar at the same time. :laugh: Yes, wonder what the strategy is behind this change.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Euros is in three weeks, but entries are already out. Nicole is going.

Ach, I'm stupid! I had the dates for Canadian Nationals in my head as being the dates for Euros. :bang:

Well, at least there won't be any last minute organising going on. They already know what is going on.

That's the downside of having the Nationals this late, though. It's nice that they don't clash with anything, but it means that they don't count towards Euros selections.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
From the girls, we move to the Ice Dancers. Just the 2 entries.

Livestream for the Senior Short Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 57m 16s):
https://sportdeutschland.tv/deutsche-eislauf-union/deutschen-meisterschaften-2023-tag-1

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://www.deu-event.de/results/dm2023/FSKXICEDANCE----------QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://www.deu-event.de/results/dm2023/SEG007.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wait for the cheers when the first partnership is introduced, and during the programme. Jennifer is an Oberstdorf girl, so there are always massive cheers for her in all competitions she competes in that are held at this particular rink.

The irony is, partner Benjamin is from Saxony. Which is where the other partnership, Charise MATTHAEI / Max LIEBERS, are representing!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Can't say I am a fan of the music or the costumes. But, they skated the programme very well.

And the audience were really getting into it! As I've already said, this is Jennifer's hometown. But, even if she wasn't, "I Like to Move It" is the sort of song to get any audience going!

Into the provisional lead (of course!). But, I have a wee suspicion they will stay there.

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Their lifts are literally always so amazing, and this program (despite the costumes and the general not-quite-Latin-Latin theme) is honestly really fun, particularly the second half.

Funnily enough, I just realised that Benjamin looks a lot like my former P.E. teacher, so there's that I guess 😂

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not bad at all from Charise MATTHAEI / Max LIEBERS (SAS). I really enjoyed that programme. Although, the whistles in the first part of it were seriously getting on my wick.

You know, this could be a lot closer a competition than I was expecting.

CaroLiza_fan

CrazyKittenLady

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
And now we come from the campiest of disciplines to the best of disciplines. :jump:;)

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Charise and Max have probably one of the most on-theme Latin rhythm dances this season, so props to them and their choreographer for understanding the job better than most of the top teams this season.

They've improved quite a bit since the beginning of this season, but Euros and Worlds are out of the question with only one spot each for Germany.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And I am afraid that I am going to miss watching the boys LIVE, because I will be eating. But, I will be back for the Pairs.

I'm surprised that there is only one skater representing Bavaria, Denis GURDZHI. And he was actually born in the Rhineland. But, he trains at Oberstdorf. So as far as the locals are concerned, he's one of their's. ;)

CaroLiza_fan