12Kao MIURA
JPN.GIF
JPN

Entries

No.
Name
Nation
WDVladimir LITVINTSEV
SP: "Circle of Life" (The Lion King soundtrack) by Elton John, Tim Rice, Hans Zimmer
FS: "The Nutcracker: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" by Tchaikovsky, choreo by Nikita Mikhailov
AZE
1Arlet LEVANDI
SP: "In the Mood for Love" (Yumeij's Theme) by Shigeru Umbeyashi arranged by Cedric Tour; "Etude No 6" by Vikingur Olafsson arranged by Cedric Tour
FS: "Paris" (from "Yves Saint Laurent" soundtrack) by Ibrahim Maalouf; "Baikal" (from "Dans le foret de Siberie") by Ibrahim Maalouf; choreo by Benoit Richaud, Florent Amodio
EST
2Makar SUNTSEV
SP: "Moonlight Sonata" by Ludwig van Beethoven
FS: "Ghosts of Japan" by Derek Fiechter; "Taki Burossamu Taki" by That's It; "The Geisha and the Samurai" by Stefan Johansson; "Taki Burossamu Taki" by That's It; "The Way of the Samurai" by Ilan Eshkeri; choreo by Adam Solya
FIN
3Kevin AYMOZ
SP: "Bird Gerhl" by Anthony and the Johnsons, Anohni; "Bird Gerhl"arranged by Karl Hugo
FS: "Boléro" by Maurice Ravel; choreo by Brice Mousset, Kevin Aymoz
FRA
4Nikita STAROSTIN
SP: "Disco Inferno" by The Trammps
FS: "I Want It That Way" by Backstreet Boys; "Larger Than Life" (from "& Juliet") by Oliver Tompsett & Cast; choreograph by Adam Solya
GER
5Nikolaj MEMOLA
SP: "Prelude No. 2 In C Sharp Minor" by Sergei Rachmaninov
FS: Samson et Dalila Act 1: "Dieu! Dieu d’Israel" by Camille Saint-Saëns; "I belong to you" by Muse; "Mon coeur s’ouvre a ta voix" by Muse; "Bacchanale" (from "Samson et Dalila") by Camille Saint-Saëns; choreo by Corrado Giordani, Andrea Gilardi
ITA
6Matteo RIZZO
SP: "Derniere Danse" by Indila;
FS: "Fix You" by Coldplay; choreo by Massimo Scali; Luca Lanotte
ITA
7Kao MIURA
SP: "This Place is A Shelter" by Olafur Arnalds
FS: "At'aek On Taitn" ("Attack On Titan" soundtrack) by Hiroyuki Sawano, Mika Kobayashi; "Omake-pfadlib" (from "Attack On Titan" soundtrack) by Hiroyuki Sawano; "Ashes on The Fire" (from "Attack On Titan" soundtrack) by Kohta Yamamoto; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne; Benoit Richaud; Kenji Miyamoto
JPN
8Shun SATO
SP: "Libertango" by Astor Piazzolla, Hector-Ulises Passarella; "Libertango" by Astor Piazzolla, Takashima Chisako
FS: "Four Seasons (Summer 2)" by Antonio Vivaldi, Daniel Hope, Max Richter; "Four Seasons (Spring 1)" by Antonio Vivaldi, Daniel Hope, Max Richter; "Four Seasons (Winter 1") by Antonio Vivaldi, Daniel Hope, Max Richter; choreo by Kenji Miyamoto; Guillaume Cizeron
JPN
9Koshiro SHIMADA
SP: "Sing Sing Sing" by Louis Prima, Valarie Pettiford, and Fosse Orchestra
FS: "Danse macabre, Op.40," by Camille Saint-Saëns, arranged by Franz Liszt, Vladimir Horowitz ; choreo by Stéphane Lambiel; Jeffrey Buttle
JPN
WDJunhwan CHA
SP: "Masquerade Waltz" by Aram Khatchaturian, performed by Three Suites
FS: "The Batman Theme;"
choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
KOR
WDAndreas NORDEBACK
SP: "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode
FS: "The Dark Knight Rises" (Batman soundtrack); choreo by David Wilson
SWE
10Ivan SHMURATKO
SP: "Melody from The High Pass" by Daniel Hope, Oleksiy Botvinov, Myroslav Skoryk
FS: "Skrypka Hrae" by Vasyl Zinkevych, Hor Poklad, Yuri Rybchinsky; choreograph by
Mykhailo Leiba (SP), Ivan Shmuratko (SP, FS)
UKR
11Liam KAPEIKIS
SP: "The Overture" (from Jesus Christ Superstar) by Andrew Lloyd Webber; "Gethsemane" (from Jesus Christ Superstar) by Andrew Lloyd Webber
FS: "The Boxer" by Jerry Douglas ft. Mumford & Sons and Paul Simon; "Regained Faith" by Karl Hugo; choreo by Joey Russell
USA
12Jimmy MA
SP: "Hernando’s Hideaway"
FS: "Lacrimosa" by Apashe; choreo by Nikolai Morosov; Adam Blake
USA

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
GRAND PRIX FINAL QUALIFICATION: CHAOS EDITION

Before the free skate, I wanted to provide an update on how the skaters here are doing on Final qualification. There are theoretically three spots that can be handed out here in Espoo, but it's realistic that we will only see two spots awarded here and the final two filled in at NHK. There are four skaters in the running here: Kao Miura, Shun Sato, Kevin Aymoz, and Matteo Rizzo.

Kao needs at a bare minimum a bronze medal. That will move him into 3rd place in the rankings. At that time, he will rely on having a higher combined score than other men, which will be difficult as he is at a 26 point deficit from Yuma, who will likely end up with a 2+3 combination like Kao in this scenario. If he gets silver or gold, he will automatically qualify.

Shun needs at bare minimum bronze and a few disasters. Essentially, if Kevin and Matteo are not on the podium, then Shun would narrowly qualify with two bronze medals barring chaos at NHK. If he gets silver, his odds increase even if Matteo is bronze. If Kevin is bronze and Kao wins, then Shun will be battling it out in combined score with Kevin, a scenario which he is very likely to lose. Of course, a win would secure him a spot as well.

Kevin needs at bare minimum a bronze medal. That, combined with his high scores, will likely qualify him for the Final. With silver or above, he is automatically in. If chaos happens, he could maybe make it in with a fourth-place finish.

Matteo needs to be silver or bronze and two of Shun/Kao/Kevin to not qualify to have a chance. A bronze will put him in a tiebreaker scenario, which, again, he is likely to lose. If he is third and Kevin fourth, Kevin will move ahead of him thanks to his silver medal.

POTENTIAL PODIUMS (for the visual learners)

1. Kao Q
2. Shun (tiebreak with Kevin)
3. Kevin (tiebreak with Shun, far more likely to win)
4. Matteo

1. Shun
2. Kao (tiebreak with Kevin)
3. Kevin (tiebreak with Kao, likely to win)
4. Matteo

1. Kao
2. Shun (likely in barring NHK chaos)
3. Matteo (will require NHK chaos in which Yuma/Shoma both do not qualify)
4. Kevin (will beat Matteo thanks to his silver, and will qualify if NHK goes normally)

and so on, I will keep you all posted as the event goes on!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am hoping to wake up in time to watch this live, because it's going to be really impactful for the final's selections.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am not specifically rooting for anyone as such so as not to jinx; I just note that of the four GPF hopefuls named above -
Kao is 3 points and change up on Shun, 19 points up on Kevin and 20 on Matteo
Shun is 16 points and change up on Kevin and 17 on Matteo

Barring a real meltdown on one of the top two and/or Jimmy and Koshira throwing an awfully large spanner in the works, it is going to be tough for Kevin and Matteo to reach silver. Not that they can't, if they hold their nerves, but it will need to be lights out if Kao and Shun do well.

I hope they all do.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am not specifically rooting for anyone as such so as not to jinx; I just note that of the four GPF hopefuls named above -
Kao is 3 points and change up on Shun, 19 points up on Kevin and 20 on Matteo
Shun is 16 points and change up on Kevin and 17 on Matteo

Barring a real meltdown on one of the top two and/or Jimmy and Koshira throwing an awfully large spanner in the works, it is going to be tough for Kevin and Matteo to reach silver. Not that they can't, if they hold their nerves, but it will need to be lights out if Kao and Shun do well.

I hope they all do.
With the huge BV items some of these guys throw in with exotic quad combos these days, a 15 point difference could be made up by a successful quad combo attempt versus a pop. It is that intense. Risk and reward is the game for GPF qualification. Among these guys, Kévin is the one most likely able to skate a perfectly clean program, less risky. That's all he can control but if he does it, the odds that one or more of his competitor make mistakes are big quite big.

So, I would say that a keypoint here is the ability or not for Kévin to skate clean.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
With the huge BV items some of these guys throw in with exotic quad combos these days, a 15 point difference could be made up by a successful quad combo attempt versus a pop. It is that intense. Risk and reward is the game for GPF qualification. Among these guys, Kévin is the one most likely able to skate a perfectly clean program, less risky. That's all he can control but if he does it, the odds that one or more of his competitor make mistakes are big quite big.

So, I would say that a keypoint here is the ability or not for Kévin to skate clean.
I agree. It will be tough, it is not impossible, for either Kevin or Matteo.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I agree. It will be tough, it is not impossible, for either Kevin or Matteo.
Matteo, however, has exotic tricks of his own... riskier.

PS I am truly concerned at how many times you have agreed with me lately. If it continues like this, you may even accept that Patrick Chan is the best skater ever ;) :dbana::laugh2:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Matteo, however, has exotic tricks of his own... riskier.

PS I am truly concerned at how many times you have agreed with me lately. If it continues like this, you may even accept that Patrick Chan is the best skater ever ;) :dbana::laugh2:
Or you.... no I don't hold out hope of that :laugh:

Maybe we can meet in the middle one day and agree that our two men are among the greatest of the greats (and that sparkles are wonderful, or am I pushing it?)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Or you.... no I don't hold out hope of that :laugh:

Maybe we can meet in the middle one day and agree that our two men are among the greatest of the greats (and that sparkles are wonderful, or am I pushing it?)
well... i already think that there are a few special skaters in the history of the sport, not just one ;) So it's up to you really ;)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
well... i already think that there are a few special skaters in the history of the sport, not just one ;) So it's up to you really ;)
Hey I said 'among the greatest of the greats!' So we do agree again! (Seriously, I do think anyone who doesn't include Patrick needs their eyesight checked.)

(I think the sparkles are a lost cause, though)

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Of all the disciplines, why does it have to be the Men's event that overlaps with JPN Junior Nationals :tantrum::bang:

In case I can't make it back during Ice resurfacing~

Wishing all the guys Best of Luck! :pray:

Shun~
Do just like Sectional
You got this!

Kao~
Shinzou wo Sasageyo!
Slay like an Ackerman! S-L-A-Y!!!

GANBA, GUYS! GANBAAAaaaaa!!!

I'll catch up after the JPN Jr Nats Women's SP...😞

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
wait, you haven't slept yet?
I could absolutely never do that, even in my best days that would have been a tough ask
I know it's unhealthy but i have training. I used to play piano all night long because during the days, it was too busy/distracting at uni... so i would go there at 10pm/11pm and make it through the night. Then I would go home and sleep and wake up at 1pm or so... Yeah... at this point, it's not even being a night owl... it's pretty much being an alien. However, right now, I am fading as I type this, so I don't guarantee I can watch too much skating. At least, I am not working so I can do pretty much whatever is needed in terms of nap, food or passing out on the couch lol

icewhite

Record Breaker
I know it's unhealthy but i have training. I used to play piano all night long because during the days, it was too busy/distracting at uni... so i would go there at 10pm/11pm and make it through the night. Then I would go home and sleep and wake up at 1pm or so... Yeah... at this point, it's not even being a night owl... it's pretty much being an alien. However, right now, I am fading as I type this, so I don't guarantee I can watch too much skating. At least, I am not working so I can do pretty much whatever is needed in terms of nap, food or passing out on the couch lol

:dbana: (but that banana is just me, you might be :alien::jump: )