2023 Grand Prix Espoo Men's Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix Espoo Men's Free Skate

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have only watched the last group of men because I want to see the women live -- but wow, that last group really brought it. Matteo and Kevin both really came out with their game faces on! Glad to see them both have a redemption skate. I am liking Kevin's Bolero more and more each time I see it, especially the beginning and ending with very interesting moves. Heck, I'm even getting into the red murderer gloves!...Glad to see Koshiro was able to perform as well as he did, given that he is still recuperating from his injury. He ended with a smile, thankfully! The Shun / Kao duel was a nail biter and certainly could have gone either way! That 4Lz of Shun is going to prove to be a weapon. So glad to see he has solved his bent free leg issues. Good job! I wondered if it was hard to skate with the audience clapping non-rhythmically. Kao's skating doesn't seem as refined, but he is very exciting nonetheless. He has such a good energy, and I'm glad to see he is learning to control it a little better.

Seemed like the crowd was having a good time. Thx for being so supportive. Sounds like you are having fun @NoNameFace.

Congratulations to all the medalists!!!! 🏅

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
@NoNameFace I just saw you give Kevin his crown. He looked happy. :yahoo:
Oh, and Kevin upon seeing second crown put both for a moment :)
I just wasn't able to capture the moment with phone camera (my hands are in pretty tragic state after last few days plus I got in my feelings for a second about not being able to deliver all intended crowns plus those delivered were not worn...Kao's intended crown is nor free and I'm debating some switching to try give blue mix one to Laurence/Nikolaj later :))

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I liked Kevin's program but he will be overshadowed by Adamin France. THe Japanese men - what a dog fight - each offer something different - no one has domnated or taken charge yet mind you Shoma has only skated once in the GP so far. The Japanese Nationals will be a blood bath.

snd

On the Ice
arlet deserved better pcs for presentation and program composition. 6s for such an intricate and unique program packed with choreography is nonsense.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Apart from the special situation Ivan is in this shows that you can do a very personal special program with original music that's not English or French within the tight rules of a competition in the current system.
Do we know what the music is about? I understand it's something sentimental for Ukaranians. The lyrics? And what's the yellow on his breast?

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Hm, I think he talked about it but I can't remember well and I can't find it now.
hehe go on searching... seriously I would like to know... I admire him so much training in Kyiv as much as he can and competing internationally

Mark said: the autumn leave symbolizes the autum mentioned in the song.

Last edited:

Isk

On the Ice
Ivan's free skate song has words in it: a yellow leaf of my love is falling down. That's a yellow leaf on his chest. The song's about end of love.
Max Richter wins today's prize for the most repetitive recomposition of Vivaldi.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
There is an IG post where Shmuratko explains the choice of the song and what it symbolizes for him personally:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
*Sigh*. Mark, really, you’re telling my man to get a sports psychologist?

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So gala thread is not open... I give up...back to Warsaw...

Last edited:

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
A disaster skate from Ma, but I’m definitely not surprised.
Honestly, me either! He did this at the last 4CC , was 3rd going into the FS, with a real legitimate shot at securing a major ISU championship medal, and he blew it! This was an even more of a big opportunity, and just like i expected, he blew it!! Its really frustrating because I very much like Jimmy, but, he's consistently blowing huge moments! SMH! 🙄

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Honestly, me either! He did this at the last 4CC , was 3rd going into the FS, with a real legitimate shot at securing a major ISU championship medal, and he blew it! This was an even more of a big opportunity, and just like i expected, he blew it!! Its really frustrating because I very much like Jimmy, but, he's consistently blowing huge moments! SMH! 🙄
He flips out with the presser, small medal (at 4CCs) etc. I’d rather have had him in 4th…but did not wish to say anything…