2023 Grand Prix Espoo Pairs Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix Espoo Pairs Free Skate

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I mean, most of the lift issues don't happen on the exit, but during position changes (=shifts of balance), or on the pickup. Not sure changing exit rules would help the most or if there's anything else that would have a better effect :scratch2:

Yeah, the problems are not due to difficult exits.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know when exactly complex, longer lifts became a standard in this discipline? I remember watching some old clips of Pairs competition from the 60s and everyone was doing short and simpler lifts.
Lifts were in their infancy in the 60s

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Lyosha is trying to imitate Kyliakov's success with hair overgrowth costume, but you can't replicate perfection

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pairs today 😬

They both fell on a lift, yikes. Fortunately no harm done to either I think. When they were doing a lift again I was scared and "clutching my pearls".
giphy.gif

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
5 Maria PAVLOVA / Alexei SVIATCHENKO 🇭🇺
My Perception of Love, Iron 2021

3Tw4
3T+2A+2A+SEQ
3FTh
3S (he catches heel, steps out)
5ALi4
ChSq1 +0.50
3LoTh
5RLi4
4Li4
BiDs3
PCoSp3

FS: 124.66 (1st)
TOT: 186.19 (1st)

A very polished and clean skate, technically very impressive. They will need at a bare minimum a bronze and to beat others via tiebreak at NHK, a silver will see them in. A lot will depend on how the next few skaters perform.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
They are actually one of the rare teams where she has the more consistent jumps. Impressive 😁 I think Danilova/Tsiba are another example, or at least I remember him making more mistakes this season. 😅
Russian girls are more consistent than Russian boys when it comes to jumping ;)

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
+1 second too long. Why to take a risk at a first place and put it so close from the beginning?