2023 Grand Prix Espoo Pairs Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix Espoo Pairs Free Skate

slider11

Medalist
Ugh...disappointed for Ellie and Danny. He is such a strong pair skater. And Ellie is fantastic in the lifts. Those jumps though. I wonder if they'd be better focusing on double axels and forget the triples. I know there has to be variety but the fall on the jumps are just so jarring for Ellie. How many more falls can this girl endure? I'm wondering with the throws if Danny is just too forceful and Ellie can't handle the velocity. Hoping they can regroup and perform better at Naitonals.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Its hard to change programs as a pair - timing is rusty and mistakes happen. Right decision, but needed more time. Get healthy kids. Take a nice sauna to heal.

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Brooke McINTOSH / Benjamin MIMAR 🇨🇦
Les Miserables by C.-M. Schonberg

3Tw3
3T+2T+1A+SEQ
3S (far apart, Benjamin falls)
5ALi* (Benjamin falls mid-lift, I think Brooke's OK)
3LzTh (foot down)
ChSq1+ 0.50
BiDs2
5RLi4
3LoTh (fall)
3Li2 (bit of a bobble towards the end)
PCoSp3

FS: 90.66 (4th)
TOT: 147.27 (3rd)

oh my god?!?! that was terrifying? how did they keep going after that? this group has been cursed and I will be sending the ISU my therapy bill. I really hope Ben and Brooke are okay and get checked out after this skate.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Why does this program start off with what sounds like an obscene phone call?

This wouldn't be figure skating without some occasional cringeworthy voiceovers. IIRC it was Laetitia Hubert who was a pioneer in this regard with her iconic prostitute program from the 90s, truly an unsung hero - we have to give the credit where it's due. 😂

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I think the rules should be changed and dangerous exits to lifts should not be rewarded. They do not give much to audience, they are just done because pairs are trying to get levels and more points.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Mark, Skate Canada supportive? Yes... for pairs and dance... UGH.. don't get me started. i am already in a bad mood.

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Warm-Up Group 2
5 Maria PAVLOVA / Alexei SVIATCHENKO HUN
6 Minerva Fabienne HASE/ Nikita VOLODIN GER
7 Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACII ITA
8 Cheng PENG / Lei WANG CHN

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I think the rules should be changed and dangerous exits to lifts should not be rewarded. They do not give much to audience, they are just done because pairs are trying to get levels and more points.
I mean, most of the lift issues don't happen on the exit, but during position changes (=shifts of balance), or on the pickup. Not sure changing exit rules would help the most or if there's anything else that would have a better effect :scratch2:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'd like to see points awarded for simpler lifts held for more rotations as an option since the complexity of these lifts sometimes is so dicey.

Does anyone know when exactly complex, longer lifts became a standard in this discipline? I remember watching some old clips of Pairs competition from the 60s and everyone was doing short and simpler lifts.