2023 NHK Trophy Men's Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 NHK Trophy Men's Short Program

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Kagiyama rightfully in first. This was a good competition overall. Much better than the women, but that’s been the case all season. I can’t until the free skates; no matter how everything ends up, GPF is going to be awesome.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Intended to watch the men on replay but somehow woke up right as the second group was starting!!! I must have a built-in figure skating radar. It was worth being up for! Thx second group.

Battle royale -- Yuma looked awesome - the jumps, the knees, the intensity, the flow. Program is a great vehicle for him. Awesome score!

Shomajesty did not disappoint. That buttery smooth gliding, I love it. Musicality, total body movement, beautiful step sequence. Glad to see he's not holding back on doing the 4T-3T, even if he did get a q. I enjoy the challenging program. New costume today -- like it better than the first. He's a great long program skater, so the free will be super exciting and crazy nerve racking.

Lukas and that multicolored shirt. :biggrin: Oops, just barely eked out that comb. Congrats to him on being in 3rd. Cactus Pulkinen looking good. Deniss -- arrrghhh, that darn elusive quad! Why, why! VERY happy to see he used Shae Lynn for choreo.

That's all I remember. Back to sleep. Don't forget to come back tomorrow everybody! :bsplit:

Last edited:

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Wow😲 Camden only .02 from third. Will he take it? I didn't out him in top 5. He didn't inspire to me that he could vdo it of all the times I saw him skate. A matter of fact a battle for third even Deniss is a little over 4 points away. He has the goods to do it.
The men free shapes up for a battle for 1st between Yuma who eager and Shoma's love for skating that a title is another one in his pocket. Does he want it or willing to give crown tovYuma to save for his Natl title?
Third could be anyone . More likely from Lukas, Camden or Dennis . Anything can happen Especially if rinky shows up.

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Just loved Yuma's routine. So modern, like his movements, especially the arm movement & like the music too. Missed him last season.

Shoma's skate was lovely and Lukas is fun. Camden was a surprise.

Last edited:

GGFan

Record Breaker
With Yuma skating like this World's should be amazing. The way he's managing his career (e.g. didn't rush back from injury) is quite brilliant. His presentation has improved.

Shoma definitely gave a master class on how to make every move important from the start of the program.