2023 NHK Trophy Men's Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2023 NHK Trophy Men's Short Program

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Yuma was great here! I wouldn't have thought anybody could actually make me feel something while skating to "Believer", but Yuma gave me major chills. He's developing fantastically. So much potential and to think he's already an Olympic silver medallist. :drama: Of course I also adore coach Caro with him and his dad in the K&C.
Ok, gotta watch the rest now, but had to cheer over Yuma's performance for a bit first.

Crowdproud

On the Ice
Would like opinions from others -- does Camden Pulkinen have the Morisi technique on his 4T? It seems like he's hitting the ice with a full blade before takeoff. There appears to be the same full blade assistance on his Lutz...

Last edited:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I felt exhausted just watching Yuma's SP :oops: Happy to see him in first! :giggle:

Not sure if it's the technique or height (I know about his coaching team) but Nika seems to remind me more + more of Morisi with every skate.

I was most engrossed with Deniss' program, even with the 4S fall I enjoyed watching it!

P.S. Shoma I love you I love you I love you :love2: Step Sequence 4 yay!!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I felt exhausted just watching Yuma's SP :oops: Happy to see him in first! :giggle:

Not sure if it's the technique or height (I know about his coaching team) but Nika seems to remind me more + more of Morisi with every skate.

I was most engrossed with Deniss' program, even with the 4S fall I enjoyed watching it!

P.S. Shoma I love you I love you I love you :love2: Step Sequence 4 yay!!
Bravo Yuma!!!! Shoma must be a bit concerned but even if he is second here he still goes to the GPF. Maybe Yuma is ready to take over the daunting Japanese mantle. Is this the passing of the torch? Will Shoma come back fighting - I do sense he is not really at the top of his game yet.

Demandred

On the Ice
I am so glad to see Yuma back and in top form, he is so enjoyable to watch. And this program suits his qualities really well. His speed across the ice is dazzling and his edge work is spectacular.

Shoma was great too, the underrotation call on his combo which led to the 5 points gap seems questionable to me, but the tech panel has been very strict all day so at least they were consistent.

Last edited:

16Olympics

On the Ice
The last flight was so enjoyable to watch. Camden surprised, Nicki does remind of another Georgian skater coached by the same team, Wow! Yuma. Who would have seen that the first to go would hold the lead? Lukas is a real contender holding up against the two Japanese stars.
Shoma was so elegant and the new little moves between elements is definitely noticeable. It will be good to see Yuma and Shoma in the GPF. How well they used their time since their last GP to improve. Excited (not) to get up at 5:30 again to see the fireworks.

lady_bee

Medalist
Good morning.
I don‘t have much time to write anything long, because I am heading to the venue in few minutes.
I just want to say one thing you can’'t see from monitor.
Yuma’s ice coverage was far greater than anybody else, even better than Shoma, last night.
He was skating across the ice,from corner to corner with amazing speed😍

withwings

On the Ice
Good morning.
I don‘t have much time to write anything long, because I am heading to the venue in few minutes.
Yuma’s ice coverage was far greater than anybody else, even better than Shoma, last night.
Please, please :pray: find a moment to write a word about Pairs and Women!!
and thank you in advance:thank:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuma was great here! I wouldn't have thought anybody could actually make me feel something while skating to "Believer", but Yuma gave me major chills. He's developing fantastically. So much potential and to think he's already an Olympic silver medallist. :drama: Of course I also adore coach Caro with him and his dad in the K&C.
Ok, gotta watch the rest now, but had to cheer over Yuma's performance for a bit first.
Yuma definitely has the IT factor. He and his team have completely charmed me.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Good morning.
He looked fast even on video. Just like Carolina :love2:

snd

On the Ice
aleksandr selevko has a wonderfully intricate sp this season. wish the PCS were a tad higher but i guess 7s is a-ok for a small fed skater...

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here comes Camden with his V neck-energy (somewhere Guilliuame Cizeron is pleased he started a movement :laugh2:)
Actually they both have to thank Toller Cranston...
1701637046219.jpeg