2023 NHK Trophy Men's Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2023 NHK Trophy Men's Free Skate

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Yuma, I wonder if the two pops in his combo will cost him the gold... Nevermind the fall, if he did triple combos instead I think it would've been enough.

I think he should do 2 quad sals and just 1 3A, his quad sals are way more stable and they are such a beauty ✨

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Really thought Shoma had it, his TES went down over 10 points so he was probably again hammered by the technical panel. I am in minority and love his Lp.
But I also loved Yuma’s LP. Really really really good.
I enjoyed top 3 a lot today, high level

readernick

Medalist
Yuma is an almost perfect technical skater. The jumps, the SS. He deserved the win. I would probably like this program more if he wasn't skating to such overused music. Still the knees are beautiful.

Shoma is magical. I know not everyone likes his FS. But, I think he makes this music work in figure skating in a way that almost no other skater could... Each movement captures your eye. I like his programs this year including his weirdo SP. I'm going to be so sad when he retires. And, like Yuma ... the knees....they are just amazing.

Lukas was enjoyable. He doesn't have "the knees" of the top two but he is a wonderful performer.

Very enjoyable competition.

sworddance21

On the Ice
Really thought Shoma had it, his TES went down over 10 points so he was probably again hammered by the technical panel. I am in minority and love his Lp.
But I also loved Yuma’s LP. Really really really good.
I enjoyed top 3 a lot today, high level
I'm with you in the minority. I absolutely LOVE both Shoma's programs this season.