2023 Skate America Practice Reports | Golden Skate

2023 Skate America Practice Reports

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you have any, please post them!

Peacock periodically shows the day's practice schedule and the skate order during practices.

ALL TIMES ARE CENTRAL, NOT EASTERN.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Peacock Practice cam is actually good: it stays on the skater practicing their music, as opposed to the Olympics (?) Yuzu/Nathan cam. It gives a banner with their names and IG handle when they start. ;)

Anastasia and Luke look good on choreo. Marking throws and jumps.

(Don't expect this all practice, I have five minutes now. And if I figure out when the men are. ;) )

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Irma and Riccardo: Irma fell on the first jump. She landed a throw, but it was maybe a double(?) Don't ask me to count revolutions even for throws. :biggrin: Now they're marking.

What is that voice over at the end:eek2:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
The Peacock Practice cam is actually good: it stays on the skater practicing their music, as opposed to the Olympics (?) Yuzu/Nathan cam. It gives a banner with their names and IG handle when they start. ;)

Anastasia and Luke look good on choreo. Marking throws and jumps.

(Don't expect this all practice, I have five minutes now. And if I figure out when the men are. ;) )

The men start at 11:35 Central.
Dance starts at 1:10 Central.
The women start at 2:45 Central.

Very good quality to the Peacock video; music is a bit low.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Rough practice for Plazas/Fernandez (a couple of falls during the music) but at least their lifts were nice!
I really liked their choreo. (No I am not there yet. Yesterday was not a Gracie in Boston/Norwood death March but it was a mini death March.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
My BIL is simultaneously posting me about mushrooms.. hope I don’t get my responses mixed up🤗☺️

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shun landed his jumps, looked strong. I wish he could borrow some of Kevin's pizazz. (And Kevin could borrow his jumps).
I'm guessing those jumps were 4T-3T, 4T, and 3A. Definitely looked good for him.

Edit: The solo jump was a 4F, dangit

Salchows not working for Tatsuya Tsuboi. Not the best practice.

Nozomu popped a 3A into a 2A, though solid on jumps as usual. A little bit more commitment to the choreography than usual.

Fun performance from Andreas, realized that "Personal Jesus" is perfect for performing in Texas, lol.

Last edited: