2023 Skate America Practice Reports | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate America Practice Reports

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know for sure they are huge Shoma fans. I met them for the first time at Worlds 2018 in Milan. Since then, I have chatted with them at many competitions.. They're very friendly and love skating. I believe they went to 4 or 5 GPs last year. We exchanged fan "goodies" at Sk Canada last year. I gave them some Shoma stuff and they gave me some delicious chocolates. If you see them, say hi. They are super friendly.
I saw them a few times in the concourse. Arriba, were they sitting near us during the practice sessions @ 2021 Skate America?

I mentioned a family sitting near us for the competition. Their little daughter was one of the flower sweepers last night! And yes, they were back with another full bag of "stuffies!"

Very pleased to say "Hi" to several GS members yesterday. Hope to do some more of that on Sunday.

We got to talk to Clare Seo & Tammy Gambill in the concourse last night. I'm still not sure how to pronounce her last name correctly. Can anyone provide the correct pronunciation? Towards the end of one of the practice sessions the announcer said something like this, "Skaters, if we have mispronounced your names, please advise us with the correct pronunciation." I wonder if Jackie Wong had anything to do with that.

It was so delightful to see Katia Kurasova & Brian Orser in the concourse before the women's practice session yesterday morning. I had a chance to talk to both of them for a few minutes.

Hope Madison will be OK!!!!

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw them a few times in the concourse. Arriba, were they sitting near us during the practice sessions @ 2021 Skate America?

I mentioned a family sitting near us for the competition. Their little daughter was one of the flower sweepers last night! And yes, they were back with another full bag of "stuffies!"

Very pleased to say "Hi" to several GS members yesterday. Hope to do some more of that on Sunday.

We got to talk to Clare Seo & Tammy Gambill in the concourse last night. I'm still not sure how to pronounce her last name correctly. Can anyone provide the correct pronunciation? Towards the end of one of the practice sessions the announcer said something like this, "Skaters, if we have mispronounced your names, please advise us with the correct pronunciation." I wonder if Jackie Wong had anything to do with that.

It was so delightful to see Katia Kurasova & Brian Orser in the concourse before the women's practice session yesterday morning. I had a chance to talk to both of them for a few minutes.

Hope Madison

I remember they were at practices but I don't think they were near us. Everybody knows them and we should get someone to find out their names so we don't have to call them "the ladies in the pink sweatshirts" or "the French sisters". When they were younger, their mom used to accompany them.

@iluvtodd I assume you had your 1,000 flags with you? LOL.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I remember they were at practices but I don't think they were near us. Everybody knows them and we should get someone to find out their names so we don't have to call them "the ladies in the pink sweatshirts" or "the French sisters". When they were younger, their mom used to accompany them.

@iluvtodd I assume you had your 1,000 flags with you? LOL.
Arriba, we saw them in the concourse a few times. & said "Bonjour" to them. They were very sweet. Yes, I brought my flags with me, including a few new ones, Australian, Korean, & Belgian. I wish I had a Latvian one (for Denis), Polish (for Katia), & Estonian (for Nina), etc. There were @ least 2 people sitting in our section thanking me for waving the flags. My pleasure to do so.

For the Ice Dance victory ceremony, Madison Chock's parents came down to our section. Mark overheard her say, "May I come in here to take a picture with my daughter?" Someone near us asked, "Who's your daughter?" She said "Madison!" It was great to chat with them. I asked Madison & Evan if I could give them a hug. They obliged. ❤

So many more wonderful memories from this weekend. Give me some time to tell some more. We're flying home Wednesday morning after spending some more time visiting our cousin in Flower Mound, TX.

Last edited: