2023 U.S. Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals: General Info and Pre-game chat

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have arrived. And should I rest up? I ask myself. HELL NO, I answer myself. Minutes after checking into my hotel, I’m walking down to the venue to catch the junior men’s free skate.

If any of yall see me, don’t be shy. Say hello. I’m black and I’m wearing a bright blue coat. Can’t miss me!
Feel free to say hi to me at handicapped access section. 120. I’m a very large, very enthusiastic lady with a field of invisible glitter and sparkle surrounding me!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Junior men on the ice! Security let me in with my purse full of snacks, but I couldn’t take my water in. I had to drink it before walking in, but I was able to keep the empty bottle…which makes no sense.

Yo, I have great seats! I can see the judges’ computer screens and everything!
Those are awesome seats but definitely too far for me to get to. They don’t let me keep my walker. They check it.

Hope you kept your empty bottle. There are refilling stations at the water fountains. I’d offer you one of my empties but I don’t think we know each other that well. 😂😂😂😂

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Women's SP thread closed? Anyway no starting order for tomorrow. Are they drawing straws right before the event and letting us know in real time? Oy. Come on people.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Fyi bag policy and in and out policy changes by the hour but they told me not to tell you, so I am whispering it to you. :)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fyi bag policy and in and out policy changes by the hour but they told me not to tell you, so I am whispering it to you. :)
Yep yesterday they didn’t care what I brought in and today made me finish my Diet Coke. Fortunately they didn’t find my protein shake. Yet we were told we could bring in food. They patted me down too. Whatever but they didn’t do that at Olympic Trials I’ve been to. Of course those don’t last 12 hours so..they took my walker and got me a wheelchair, told me I was not supposed to take my Walker as I watched 2 other people go to the elevators in walkers with nothing said.

What does it change from and to Chris?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m scared. The skating is all going so well. Not a cacti to be seen.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yep yesterday they didn’t care what I brought in and today made me finish my Diet Coke. Fortunately they didn’t find my protein shake. Yet we were told we could bring in food. They patted me down too. Whatever but they didn’t do that at Olympic Trials I’ve been to. Of course those don’t last 12 hours so..they took my walker and got me a wheelchair, told me I was not supposed to take my Walker as I watched 2 other people go to the elevators in walkers with nothing said.

What does it change from and to Chris?
They haven't a clue what they are doing

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
My take is the arena has no collective or historic memory of what it takes to put on a skating event...old people with bags who come and go with 17 tickets. For a week.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
They definitely told me I could check in and out
The proceedure is what changes. When I checked out before junior mens free, they cared not that I had all the later tickets. They needed to un scan jr lasdies short!!! Then I pointed to a lady who was coming in with an opaque bag. I was told all bag policys and come and go policies were subject to change with no notice. As for coming in, there was a superior doing training and referee work.
What will happen when more than 200 people show up is anyone's guess.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The proceedure is what changes. When I checked out before junior mens free, they cared not that I had all the later tickets. They needed to un scan jr lasdies short!!! Then I pointed to a lady who was coming in with an opaque bag. I was told all bag policys and come and go policies were subject to change with no notice. As for coming in, there was a superior doing training and referee work.
What will happen when more than 200 people show up is anyone's guess.
If they do not let me in with Gracie’s roses I will need bail money. Especially after I saw someone hand a junior man a lovely bunch of yellow roses.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Todays selection of gifts. No huge problems getting in, just slow.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I want to see the short. I am a sad 😢 person
I'm sorry. Peacock hasn't sent out any info or posted any information about how they are choosing programs for replay or if they are all available for 2 days. It seems like USFS could put something about replays or FB or twitter so fans would be aware....but nothing from USFS.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry. Peacock hasn't sent out any info or posted any information about how they are choosing programs for replay or if they are all available for 2 days. It seems like USFS could put something about replays or FB or twitter so fans would be aware....but nothing from USFS.
I found Kirks short on YouTube . No telling how long USFS will allow it to remain.