2024-25 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2024-25 Russian Women's Figure Skating

katymay

Medalist
It's completely natural for us humans to deny the fact we had already lived/witnessed our prime and hope for the future... 🥺

I love this. And yes, those were exciting years! I know Russia has even better 'quadsters' now, but nothing can compare to the years with the original three, and then Kamila.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Seniors:
Reserve team:

Sofia Akatieva
Veronika Zhilina
Daria Sadkova

Juniors:
Main team:

Margarita Bazylyuk
Alisa Dvoeglazova
Sofia Dzepka
Lidia Pleskacheva
Kira Trofimova
Ekaterina Tsipukhina
Reserve team:
Milana Lebedeva
Anna Lyashenko
Viktoria Morozova
Agata Petrova
Alisa Yurova

Novices:
Yana Anashkina
Elena Kostyleva
Varvara Liss
Valeria Livincheva
Valeria Lukashova

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Record Breaker
I love this. And yes, those were exciting years! I know Russia has even better 'quadsters' now, but nothing can compare to the years with the original three, and then Kamila.
Its really just Kamila. The other 3 are far, far beyond incomparable. The only difference was international competition which made it a more romantic era. The 3 current stars are playing in a different world, but everything about their performances is impeccable.

kolek

Spectator
They solved ladies figure skating. Just like computers solved chess, Michael Jordan solved basketball, etc..
Every team and every next Olympic quad will be described as percentage of Russian 2018-2022 Ladies. For instance, one could argue that in short period of time before injuries Akatieva, Petrosyan and Muravieva were something like 80-90%. Now it's not even 50%...

Nobody could touch these girls. The moment they had arrived in the rink, organizers began ironing Russian flags and engraving trophies with their names.

TeamGubanova

On the Ice
Seniors:
Reserve team:

Sofia Akatieva
Veronika Zhilina
Daria Sadkova

Juniors:
Main team:

Margarita Bazylyuk
Alisa Dvoeglazova
Sofia Dzepka
Lidia Pleskacheva
Kira Trofimova
Ekaterina Tsipukhina
Reserve team:
Milana Lebedeva
Anna Lyashenko
Viktoria Morozova
Agata Petrova
Alisa Yurova

Novices:
Yana Anashkina
Elena Kostyleva
Varvara Liss
Valeria Livincheva
Valeria Lukashova
The Juniors and Novices team has 16, so there might only be 2 spots left for other ppl for junior nats. Its time for russia to expand to the size of JNats at least in juniors

kolek

Spectator
I understand Alina doesn't need it or want it, just saying 3 months of hard training and she would be in better form than at 2019 Worlds.
So much talk about puberty influencing women's skating and here we have this one - she could probably be competitive till 30.

7VQLhsNV_o.jpg

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Seniors:
Reserve team:

Sofia Akatieva
Veronika Zhilina
Daria Sadkova

Juniors:
Main team:

Margarita Bazylyuk
Alisa Dvoeglazova
Sofia Dzepka
Lidia Pleskacheva
Kira Trofimova
Ekaterina Tsipukhina
Reserve team:
Milana Lebedeva
Anna Lyashenko
Viktoria Morozova
Agata Petrova
Alisa Yurova

Novices:
Yana Anashkina
Elena Kostyleva
Varvara Liss
Valeria Livincheva
Valeria Lukashova
Great junior team, and I so happy to see Morozova make reserve! Can't wait to see Kostyleva in Juniors.

I wouldn't mind Zagitova's come back if she ever staged one. I love her vivacity.

Last edited:

Azikin

Medalist
I wouldn't mind Zagitova's come back if she ever staged one. I love her vivacity.
I would love to see comeback of at least 1 of the "4A" girls... well Aliona is impossible (but you never know with her :)), Anna also at the moment with her injury complications, Sasha is still more probable than Alina...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I would love to see comeback of at least 1 of the "4A" girls... well Aliona is impossible (but you never know with her :)), Anna also at the moment with her injury complications, Sasha is still more probable than Alina...
I seriously adore Aliona in pairs and hope she succeeds. Trusova is a gift. Scherbakova I respect greatly as a person, but I don't miss her as a skater.

I agree, though, that Zagitova's return is unlikely, since she can't really land jumps in the shows.

Last edited:

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Record Breaker
Of everybody I just want Usacheva back. She is the only one that I miss. Unbelievable loss.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Agata Petrova's SP is choreographed by Benoît Richaud (just like last season).