2024 JGP Riga Cup: Info and pre-game chat | Golden Skate

2024 JGP Riga Cup: Info and pre-game chat

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2024 JGP Riga Cup is the first of seven individual events of the 2024-25 Junior Grand Prix series and will take place August 28-31, 2024, in Riga, Latvia. The ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series consists of seven international junior invitational events during the fall culminating with the 2024-25 ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final in December 2024.

This event will feature the Singles (Women and Men), Pair and Ice Dance disciplines. It will be conducted in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating, the Technical Rules for Ice Dance, and relevant ISU Communications.

Points will be awarded to skaters and teams based on their placements for each individual event. These points will determine rankings and qualification for the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final in December.

World Standing points will also be awarded according to Communication No. 2550.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS · EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We have Polish skating royalty in the Men's entry list!

Dorota Zagórska and Mariusz Siudek's son Ryszard is making his Junior GP debut.

And there is a new girl that I have never come across before in the Irish team. Allie PETERSON, who is from Hingham, Massachusettes.

Which reminds me - what ever happened the last skaters that came over from America to represent Ireland? I haven't heard anything about the Condon twins for over two years.

Although I don't have any kids competing in Riga, I did notice that one of my kids has interest here. Aleksandra GOLOVKINA (LTU) is down as a choreographer for Agnė IVANOVAITE (LTU). Oh, and for those that are interested, Aleksandra has got married since we last saw her at Europeans.

And just one final thing to look forward to - the commentators' favourite skater is here! Polina DZSUMANYIJAZOVA (HUN)

Can't wait for it to all kick off!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS · EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Allie competed at the Irish Championships in June. She's also competed domestically in the US in July :)

I'm an idiot for not checking the results from Nationals before posting. :palmf: Yes, I remember now noticing at the time that both Junior and Advanced Novice Ladies categories were won by newbies. But, it was the Advanced Novice girl that I became more intrigued by, because she came via Finland.

Good to hear that Allie has been in action since Nationals. Hopefully that'll mean she hits the ground running, while others are still a bit green on it.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Some changes to the entry list:

Men:
🇮🇱 Nikita Sheiko replaces Kirill Sheiko
🇱🇻 Janis Znotins replaces Nikolajs Krivoseja

Women:
🇱🇻 Natasa Jermolicka replaces Kira Baranovska (😢)
🇱🇻 Miriama Sosina replaces Paula Belevica
🇱🇹 Milana Siniavskyte replaces Agne Ivanovaite

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Some more changes:

Men:
🇹🇷 Mehmet Cenkay Karlikli replaces Furkan Emre Incel

Ice Dance:
🇬🇧 Mimi Marler Davies / Joseph Black replace Molly Hairsine / Alessio Surenkov-Gultchev

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
And more changes:

Men:
🇨🇭 Gion Schmid replaces Aurelian Chervet

Women:
🇮🇱 Sophia Shifrin replaces Gabriella Grinberg
🇳🇴 Oda Havgar replaces Ida Eline Vamnes
🇸🇮 Julija Lovrencic replaces Zoja Kramar
🇺🇦 Anastasiia Vasylchenko replaces Khrystyna Haliareta

Pairs:
🇮🇱 Sofia Enkina / Nikita Kovalenko have withdrawn
🇨🇭 Chiara Michaela Pazienza / Maxim Knorr have withdrawn

And just like that, we are down to 10 pairs in the first event.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
And more changes:

Men:
🇨🇭 Gion Schmid replaces Aurelian Chervet

Women:
🇮🇱 Sophia Shifrin replaces Gabriella Grinberg
🇳🇴 Oda Havgar replaces Ida Eline Vamnes
🇸🇮 Julija Lovrencic replaces Zoja Kramar
🇺🇦 Anastasiia Vasylchenko replaces Khrystyna Haliareta

Pairs:
🇮🇱 Sofia Enkina / Nikita Kovalenko have withdrawn
🇨🇭 Chiara Michaela Pazienza / Maxim Knorr have withdrawn

And just like that, we are down to 10 pairs in the first event.
Thank you for the update, and also, yay, the competition moved into the REAL SOON! forum slot category. :hap10::cheer:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Hilda Taylor /Alexander Buchholdt (FIN) replace Enna Kesti Oskari Liedenpohja in ID. Karina Innos and Annika Pellonmaa replace Venla Sinisalo and Darja Trubitson (FIN) in women

Here all Finland's JGP (and GP) spots. All the replaced skaters have their chance later.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Possibly some of the last changes before the competition starts in 11 days ☺️

Women:
🇫🇮 Karina Innos replaces Venla Sinisalo
🇫🇮 Annika Pellonmaa replaces Darja Trubitson
🇭🇺 Zsofia Szeplaki replaces Polina Dzsumanyijazova

Ice Dance:
🇫🇮 Hilda Taylor / Alexander Buchholdt replace Enna Kesti / Oskari Liedenpohja

kalamalka

Rinkside
Is anyone (else) going? I'm planning to be there - first JGP in several years (but I have 3 planned this year - Riga, Ostrava and Ljubljana). The only time I was in Riga before, Trennt Michaud was there with Evelyn Walsh as a junior (2017), and his sister came for the free program with several other Canadian soldiers stationed there with NATO forces. Riga has perhaps my favourite market anywhere - it's HUGE.