2024 Triglav Trophy & Narcisa Cup | Apr 10-14 | Golden Skate

2024 Triglav Trophy & Narcisa Cup | Apr 10-14

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2024 Triglav Trophy & Narcisa Cup will take place Apr 10-14, 2024, in Jesenice, Slovenia. The event will feature the Singles (Women and Men) discipline in the Novice, Junior and Senior categories, and will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating and relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
4 Canadians. Skate Canada is losing its marbles 😂😂😂😂
I know. I keep hoping it will update and I will see 10 Canadians. I check every morning 😭😭😭

No Men or boys; at least send one entry per category
No Senior Women 🥺
Only one Junior Girl (5th at Nationals)
What about the 3rd and 4th place finishers?
They put all their marbles on the Novice Girls with the top three at Nationals

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
No Senior Women 🥺
I can kind of see where Skate Canada is coming from with the seniors? It's in April, when most of the skaters should be working on their new programs. This is with technical content changes that could be coming in June when the programs should be finalized. Deanna talked about it in one of her media calls and it sounds like a headache for the skaters.

But then they could have sent skaters to competitions before Worlds if that's the case 😒

WarmCheers

Rinkside
Only one Junior Girl (5th at Nationals)
What about the 3rd and 4th place finishers?
Mély-Anne Gagner (3rd), Reese Rose (4th) were sent to The Coupe du Printemps in Luxemburg in March last year along with Aleksa Volkova, Lucille Yang and Megan Woodley in women/girls events. SC will not send them out again for similar events to gain experiences until they earn the chance to be assigned to a JGP event.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Mély-Anne Gagner (3rd), Reese Rose (4th) were sent to The Coupe du Printemps in Luxemburg in March last year along with Aleksa Volkova, Lucille Yang and Megan Woodley in women/girls events. SC will not send them out again for similar events to gain experiences until they earn the chance to be assigned to a JGP event.
Really?? But, that was last season.
I was hoping some of them would be sent out again this season. What a short season for our athletes.

Wow!! So, Stavrina better make the most of her international event.
She placed 9th at Challenger with 135.
5th at Nationals where it matters more with 147. Hoping she is closer to 147 at this event.

I’m most looking forward to our Novice Girls. They need to reduce their jump elements from 7 to 6. I know Ksenia (no 3T) will be happy to leave out her double double combo. I wonder what Sandrine (no 3F) and Lia will do? 🤔

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Really?? But, that was last season.
I was hoping some of them would be sent out again this season. What a short season for our athletes.

Wow!! So, Stavrina better make the most of her international event.
She placed 9th at Challenger with 135.
5th at Nationals where it matters more with 147. Hoping she is closer to 147 at this event.

I’m most looking forward to our Novice Girls. They need to reduce their jump elements from 7 to 6. I know Ksenia (no 3T) will be happy to leave out her double double combo. I wonder what Sandrine (no 3F) and Lia will do? 🤔
I love Stavrina. I hope she does well. She's different in a very good way.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I can kind of see where Skate Canada is coming from with the seniors? It's in April, when most of the skaters should be working on their new programs. This is with technical content changes that could be coming in June when the programs should be finalized. Deanna talked about it in one of her media calls and it sounds like a headache for the skaters.

But then they could have sent skaters to competitions before Worlds if that's the case 😒
So, winning the Challenger event has no impact?

When Matthew N. was sent to an event as National 5th place finisher, I thought Fee Ann would be sent out too. Before Worlds.

Maybe, it has to do, with her going to the Junior event in France. She competed as a Junior and already had her international event. That makes sense to me.

I think SC has benchmark scores. For Senior Nationals, 166 and only top 2 (Kaiya and Maddie surpassed that score). So, no Senior Ladies.

Junior Girls (145) - Lulu and Aleksa (JGP) and Mely Ann, Reese and Megan (Coupe - last year). So, leaves only Stavrina.

Novice girls - must be 130+; So, they are sending their A Novice Girls team

The men must have not achieved any of the benchmarks. 🫣🤔

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
So, winning the Challenger event has no impact?

When Matthew N. was sent to an event as National 5th place finisher, I thought Fee Ann would be sent out too. Before Worlds.

Maybe, it has to do, with her going to the Junior event in France. She competed as a Junior and already had her international event. That makes sense to me.
Yeah, I was hoping Fee-Ann would be sent out here, but no :( Why she was sent out as a junior in her last season of eligibility... 😞 I'd hope that there's a TBD spot at SCI so she can try for that, but I'm not doing a good job at manifesting.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oooooooh. Janire IDIAKEZ (ESP), the Basque skater who used to be based in Cyprus and who I was planning to make a Fan Fest for during the summer, is doing her first international competition since before the pandemic here.

Right. I guess I would need to get the ball rolling earlier then.

As well as Janire, other kids of mine that are entered are Varvara Abramkina (CYP) in Advanced Novices, and Liza Gervits (ISR) in Seniors.

It's a pity it will be behind the paywall, because I would love to see Janire again (Nationals a few months ago was the first time I had seen her in about 6 years). But, hey. At least I have already seen all three of my kids this season.

CaroLiza_fan

WarmCheers

Rinkside
I think SC has benchmark scores. For Senior Nationals, 166 and only top 2 (Kaiya and Maddie surpassed that score). So, no Senior Ladies.

Junior Girls (145) - Lulu and Aleksa (JGP) and Mely Ann, Reese and Megan (Coupe - last year). So, leaves only Stavrina.

Novice girls - must be 130+; So, they are sending their A Novice Girls team
For Junior girls, I think Mély-Anne, Reese and Magan still have chance to be assigned to a JGP if they are doing well at NextGen comp in July.

For Seniors, there are more events out there then Juniors like Challengers or Senior Bs. But with the way less than ideal negative revenue as per posted SC Financial Statement of 2023 (don't think it will improve much for 2024 financial statement), hard to see more international assignment for Canadian skaters this coming season then previous years.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
For Junior girls, I think Mély-Anne, Reese and Magan still have chance to be assigned to a JGP if they are doing well at NextGen comp in July.

For Seniors, there are more events out there then Juniors like Challengers or Senior Bs. But with the way less than ideal negative revenue as per posted SC Financial Statement of 2023 (don't think it will improve much for 2024 financial statement), hard to see more international assignment for Canadian skaters this coming season then previous years.
But, there are only six spots for JPG

Locks: Lulu, Uliana, Hetty and Aleksa

Rose, Kara, Mely-Anne, Reese, Stavrina, and Megan basically fighting for two spots. There will be four girls left off the team with no international assignments 😔

Maybe, the financial statement will be better for 2024 after Montreal sales 🤞

Sackie

Medalist
Uliana is turning 17 in June. I would guess SC will put her in the senior circuit for the coming season to start earning points and minimal?
Can't see that happening since they hardly send out our SR ladies now. And Maddie is the only one who can get 2 GP events. So that only leaves 2 others for SCI. And I am sure one of those spots will go to Sara-Maude, since she has earned it and as CAN champ Kaiya should get the other.