4 Nationals Championships 2023-24 (POL, CZE, HUN, SVK) | Page 8 | Golden Skate

4 Nationals Championships 2023-24 (POL, CZE, HUN, SVK)

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Clear winners. They need a good rest now, though. You can see they are tired from the GPF - they didn't have the same spark today.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Our very own @La Rhumba usually uploads Lucy's programmes to YouTube, so during the resurfacing I had a watch of their Free Dance from the Roman Pavel Memorial.

Boys, but that was mad!!! šŸ˜²

I'm old fashioned. I'm of the school that the only thing that should be touching the ice is the blade. So, I am not a big fan of choreographic slides.

By the way, @La Rhumba has also uploaded Lucy and Ilias' Short from yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNMDklWNzcs

No idea why it didn't come up in the search I did earlier, because it has been up there since last night.

CaroLiza_fan

It's a standout moment that made my jaw drop the first time I saw it. It looked like a difficult thing to control (at Warsaw Cup i thought she was going into the boards). I do think it's a shame it's gone as I think it was the most memorable thing they've done.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now. The end is here. And so we face. The final curtain.

And we finish with chaos! :devil: 11 boys, arranged into a group of 5; followed by a group of 6.

But, I'm going to catch up on the Senior Pairs now.

Livestream for the Senior Men's FS is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived livestream (starts at 7h 22m 15s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn7upWzMDLU&t=26535

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.czechskating.org/files/...----------FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.czechskating.org/files/calendar/3622/vysledky/SEG002.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, although this is about 45 minutes after it happened, I am going to do an "as-live" post for Barbora and Martin.

Is Barbora getting taller?

Really don't like this version of "Wicked Game" (I love the original, though).

Lovely Double Twist to start with. An the jump sequence they did next was too. And the Triple Salchow that followed as well.

Babora had a lovely landing on the throw, but Martin put too much oomph into throwing her and fell himself.

But they made up for it with the lift that followed. And the spins.

Ach, Martin couldn't get Barbora fully up when doing another lift. And had to put her down.

No such problems with the final lift.

What they did well, was done very well. But those two mistakes are going to be costly.

I think that has decided that the Medal that they get will be Bronze rather than Silver. Joulia and Michal weren't that far behind them afte the SP, and they had a good FS without any visible mistakes.

Yep, Barbora and Martin drop to 2nd.

Such a shame about those two mistakes.

But, since the rest of their programme was very good, I'm going to say this anyway:

:cheer: WELL DONE BARBORA AND MARTIN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was an ominous start to the Men. Wrong music for Aleksei VLASENKO (HUN).

Mind you, it didn't make any difference to me, because my Dad's putting up the Christmas decorations, and will not stop whistling "Jingle Bells"!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

When I was a kid, he put loads of decorations up. But then he cut down to just the tree. Which was fine by me. I don't particularly like Christmas. But the past few years, he has started putting loads up again. And neither my Mum nor I can understand why. Like, he always maintained that he didn't like Christmas. But, his actions are suggesting otherwise.

And he is seriously getting on my wick tonight, as he keeps blocking the view of the TV!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was having to keep wandering around the room to watch the skating. So, it took me until after Milosz WITKOWSKI (POL) to get this post finished!

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was an ominous start to the Men. Wrong music for Aleksei VLASENKO (HUN).

Mind you, it didn't make any difference to me, because my Dad's putting up the Christmas decorations, and will not stop whistling "Jingle Bells"!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

When I was a kid, he put loads of decorations up. But then he cut down to just the tree. Which was fine by me. I don't particularly like Christmas. But the past few years, he has started putting loads up again. And neither my Mum nor I can understand why. Like, he always maintained that he didn't like Christmas. But, his actions are suggesting otherwise.

And he is seriously getting on my wick tonight, as he keeps blocking the view of the TV!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was having to keep wandering around the room to watch the skating. So, it took me until after Milosz WITKOWSKI (POL) to get this post finished!

CaroLiza_fan
I need the lights and a bit of garland for fragrance - and a warm room.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Notre Dame does not seem to be lucky for anyone. Nice 4S-2T though for Vlad. Such nice big jumps compared to Georgi on my other screen

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexander Vlasenko HUN skating to bluesy piece of music gets the 3A in SEQ and alone to start. Now speechy, preachy music that is not holding my interest.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I need the lights and a bit of garland for fragrance - and a warm room.

I should add, he's managed to break a wee model goat that my Mum had sitting pride of place on the mantlepiece. (She's a Capricorn, so we affectionately refer to her as the goat). It's lost a leg, a horn, and it's tail. And she's very upset about it, because it meant a lot to her.

All because he wanted to put up unnecessary decorations.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Filip Scerba a bit casual on the 3A and then he sits down. Lots of red on the board.