Adelina Sotnikova to miss Russian Nationals | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova to miss Russian Nationals

sses1

On the Ice
I think she's going to sit the season out for sure, though I don't get the point of not announcing it now. There's no way that her programs can be ready to challenge the top spots by Europeans and Worlds, especially considering all the other skaters she'd have to go up against who had all season to perfect their programs. I also don't think it would help Adelina's case to come back with lukewarm programs because she's just going to get assaulted by bitter skating fans that want nothing but to see her fail.

makaihime

Final Flight
I really liked what I saw in terms of her programs for this season so its a shame we probably won't get to see it in competition. Hope she'll bring back the same programs for next season when she's fully recovered. Wishing her the best :yes:

Warwick360

Medalist
I really liked what I saw in terms of her programs for this season so its a shame we probably won't get to see it in competition. Hope she'll bring back the same programs for next season when she's fully recovered. Wishing her the best :yes:

Please tell me that you're referring to some other program that might have escaped my attention because the program of hers that had that dramatic ending thing going on was no less than.....here's where I'm not sure whether it was no less than tragic or whether it was the case where it leaves you so baffled as not sure what to make of it. :laugh:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Her difficulty in terms of combination in the short program, was higher than sotnikova's triple toe-triple toe (which FYI wasn't even past the half mark to justify the GOE)
GOE does not depend on whether the jump is past the halfway mark. We've already got a multiplier for that.

Warwick360

Medalist
GOE does not depend on whether the jump is past the halfway mark. We've already got a multiplier for that.

But surely it does influence judges to go higher in terms of allocating GOEs for let's say if a skater leaves the jumps to the rear end of the program which was so not the case here. And I'm sorry if I stated any contradiction in my comment but in no way was I trying to make a relation between the GOE and the multiplier.

Warwick360

Medalist
In the end, I do hope she comes back strong because whatever feeling I may have in regards to Sochi, her skating skills are undeniable. Her layback was great and so were her other spins. Without any hesitation I do hope she gets to have a great season next year, but having said that I truly hope she does get the gold in Pyeongchang in 4 years time. :p

makaihime

Final Flight
Please tell me that you're referring to some other program that might have escaped my attention because the program of hers that had that dramatic ending thing going on was no less than.....here's where I'm not sure whether it was no less than tragic or whether it was the case where it leaves you so baffled as not sure what to make of it. :laugh:

I haven't seen it recently but when the video of it first came out I remember I thought it had alot of potential and I really enjoyed what I saw. Artistically I thought she could pull off that music very well and I remember I really liked her spins as well.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
But surely it does influence judges to go higher in terms of allocating GOEs for let's say if a skater leaves the jumps to the rear end of the program which was so not the case here. And I'm sorry if I stated any contradiction in my comment but in no way was I trying to make a relation between the GOE and the multiplier.

It does not. A jump's placement in a program has nothing to do with the execution of it, and thus the grade of execution is unrelated to the element's location in the program. However, one could argue that a program with difficult jumping passes later on would be marked with higher PCS in the Performance/Execution category, or even Choreography as it lends itself to a more balanced program and it's generally regarded as more impressive than frontloading. But the +2 or -1 or whatever is dependent solely on how the element is executed.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I get the feeling judges still give higher GOEs for a big jump being later in the program,
Even if they shouldn't.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I get the feeling judges still give higher GOEs for a big jump being later in the program,
Even if they shouldn't.

Based on what I see on the men's protocols, I don't think that necessarily applies. Unless its of great quality (sometimes even if its of good quality :rolleye:), the GOE's are usually on the lower scale.