Aldridge, Eaton announce split after six years | Golden Skate

Aldridge, Eaton announce split after six years

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm not surprised given their results this season. Now the question is, who is available?

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
wow. Totally didn't expect that. That makes one team less for Zueva, I guess.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I actually AM sorry to hear this. I think a coaching change might have been the better decision. I thought they showed really good promise at Nationals, not this year, but last year.

Regardless I wish them both well and hope BOTH will successfully find new partners.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Who's available to be their new partners?

This maybe unlikely :think:, but Maia S & Daniel Eaton; Alex A & Alex Shibutani?
Both teams train with Zueva. Per Ice Network, Maia is 5'3" and Daniel is 5'10". Alex A is 5'5" and surprisingly, Alex S is 2" taller than Daniel. :shocked:

An intriguing possibility a la I/K-S/Z swap, only friendlier this time;).

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I think the fact that they were so soundly beaten by H/B in US Nationals and been 20+ of the podium sped up this decision. I wonder would a coaching change have been a better solution? This years programmes from Marina Z done them no favours.

caitie

Medalist
This maybe unlikely :think:, but Maia S & Daniel Eaton; Alex A & Alex Shibutani?
Both teams train with Zueva. Per Ice Network, Maia is 5'3" and Daniel is 5'10". Alex A is 5'5" and surprisingly, Alex S is 2" taller than Daniel. :shocked:

The Shibs will never break up, and I find it hard to believe Alex Shibutani is six feet tall??

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The Shibs will never break up, and I find it hard to believe Alex Shibutani is six feet tall??

Like I said, it maybe unlikely. And Alex S is indeed 6' according to IN. Of course, I'm not certain if Daniel hasn't updated his latest height there. But he doesn't look much taller than Alex A when they skated.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Who's available to be their new partners?

Off the top of my head, I wonder about the possibility of musical partners with Aronow/Brubaker ... who qualified for Nats, but did not compete. They too belong to Team Canton.

Only my wild speculation :think:. I have no idea what the relative heights are.

beabstress

On the Ice
Their programs this year were dreadful, true; but they didn't really have much chemistry. Perhaps with new partners they'll shine. Best of luck to them. (Boy, not a good year for Marina Zueva, is it?)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, I did not see this coming.

I liked this team quite a bit, admittedly more last year than this.

Of course, I wish them both the best and hope they find the right partners.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder if this has something to do with Marina missing from Euro's...

She's a smart cookie... she's probably back home cobbling together a team from one of them plus a dazzling partner she's poaching from Carmelengo. Igor knows the score... he's probably got all his skaters locked in the rink round the clock for the next month.

DRAAAAMAAA on it's way. I would bet on it!

Barb

Record Breaker

Maia with Daniel would be interesting :popcorn:, but Alex with Alex just NO, she is too much tall for him. She needs someone really tall like Evan or Andrew, she is in troubles.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Quite recently, Alex Shibutani gave emphatic comments that in spite of others' whispering (of which the Shibs are aware), they never have and never will consider skating with anyone but each other. (IIRC, this attempt to put the matter to rest once and for all came around the time of the GPF -- might have been during their pre-GPF media teleconference.)

Without knowing all that much about Aronow/Brubaker, I will be sad if they split ... they look so nice together.

BTW, Taylor Tran and Saulius A. just placed 24th in the SD at Euros. Did not qualify for the FD.

Tran is American so no citizenship issue if she were to switch to an American partner ....

Thx for looking up A/B's bio.

Last edited by a moderator: