Alena Kostornaia | Page 101 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Based on Daniil's latest Instagram story, it looks like our Alena is getting a new EX program. Looks to be something fierce and impish to suit her mischievous personality. Please let it not be vampire related :pray:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Based on Daniil's latest Instagram story, it looks like our Alena is getting a new EX program. Looks to be something fierce and impish to suit her mischievous personality. Please let it not be vampire related :pray:

Te be used in JWC Gala as the first showing? Is there even a Gala?

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight

another one little cute killer :laugh:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
One would suppose Kostornaya herself has a big say in the choice of her EX program, she seems like an obedient person when needed in her sport, but not one that likes to be dominated and bright, determined and experienced enough to make her own decisions.
So her choice of music and character would be interesting and perhaps give some insight into her personality. I've read Alyona already does most of the small choreo details herself, they come natural to her, those shoulder movements, hand extensions and embellishments with her head.

Alyona's 'Dos Cadenzias sobre Adios Nonino' will never grow old on me, but I can relate to Alyona wanting a new and fresh exhibition routine. No doubt it will be wonderful, graceful and another work of art.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Twilight bad, oh yes, but... If I should be biten by a vampire in the future, it MUST be Alyona :biggrin:

SkateSkates

Medalist
So excited for her new EX. Her murder face is so good. I wonder what song she will use from twilight I couldn’t tell the song from the video.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuEs2qDAwbM/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1h5aortf1iwz3

She looks fierce but for the love of skating gods, please don‘t let it actually be a twilight themed exhibition. You can‘t do that to me, Alyona! :laugh:

Agreed! Alyona is too classy a skater to use cheap and banal music.
But any music she chooses for herself she has chosen with her own personal reasons and we should respect her choice.

Suggestions as to what music you'd like to see and hear this world class skater use for her exhibition program?

Though I love listening to music am at a loss here as to any recommendation for ice skating music.
Has music (OST) from Hunger Games, Pan's Labyrinth or the later Harry Potter films ever been used in skating?
I am no film buff at all but OST seem to be widely used in figure skating due to the recognition factor and choice of cuts for effect.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Oh no. Please no. Alyonka, whhhhhhhyyyyyyyy????? :drama:

Oh well. I guess everyone has to go through their trashy teenage phase. If anyone can make not cringe to death over a Twilight program, I guess it's Alena.

I really like her deadly glare. But a twilight program... Why just why. Well, if anyone needed proof Alyona is still just a normal teenager despite the brilliance of a hyperintelligent future medical student and figure skating champion she usually shows, there‘s it. ;)

I will survive, even if twilight is... trashy. But it will depend on the choreography and how she interprets it. She‘s such a good actress, so I have faith.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I really like her deadly glare. But a twilight program... Why just why. Well, if anyone needed proof Alyona is still just a normal teenager despite the brilliance of a hyperintelligent future medical student and figure skating champion she usually shows, there‘s it. ;)

I will survive, even if twilight is... trashy. But it will depend on the choreography and how she interprets it. She‘s such a good actress, so I have faith.

Twilight does appeal to teenage girls more than to boys and young adult men.
The theme of Twilight is like 'the importance of having a good looking boyfriend' while the themes of Harry Potter are much more profound in 'dealing with personal loss and sacrifice, making the choice between doing what is right and what is easy, and most importantly, the power of love to overcome death and evil' and the music to the movies reflect this difference.

Oh well, lets see what Alyona makes of this. Next season she is a senior and will probably need a new, more mature, exhibition program to go with her status.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Agreed! Alyona is too classy a skater to use cheap and banal music.
But any music she chooses for herself she has chosen with her own personal reasons and we should respect her choice.

Suggestions as to what music you'd like to see and hear this world class skater use for her exhibition program?

Though I love listening to music am at a loss here as to any recommendation for ice skating music.
Has music (OST) from Hunger Games, Pan's Labyrinth or the later Harry Potter films ever been used in skating?

I‘m Alyona‘s fan, I will certainly respect her choice. :)

It‘s actually not that I have a problem with typical “teenage literature“, in fact it‘s the total opposite, I really like to read those books. (I’m around Zhenya’s age, so I’m still a teenager after all) I‘m a Harry Potter fan and not ashamed of that. And I have absolutely no problem with skaters doing programs to themes that they like. I’m not an anime fan but I always enjoyed watching Zhenya’s Sailor Moon because you could see that she personally loved it.

It‘s just that Twilight is just a special kind of... bad. I don‘t want to insult anyone‘s feelings but even if we look past the general style of writing, I don‘t really like the way the characters and especially relationships are portrayed in these novels. And besides that, I just have to laugh everytime I think of the fact that these sparkling vampires are supposed to be totally scary and serious. :laugh2:

But then again, that‘s just what I think of Twilight. If Alyona likes it and wants to do an exhibition to it I won‘t be over the moon with joy but it‘s her choice. ;) And it will be really a testament to her talent if she manages to impress me with a Twilight program of all programs.

About what I‘d like to see in an exhibition program... well, like I said, exhibitions are the time when skaters can have fun and express themselves without having the pressure of competition. So, I‘d say, let them do whatever they want, even if it‘s not my personal taste. I‘d rather see a skater perform to music that might not be my favorite type and enjoy it than having them do a program to my taste which they don‘t like.

Though it‘s a secret dream to see Alyona perform to Satoko Miyahara‘s SP music one day. “Song for the little Sparrow“, I think her skating would really suit it. But she will choose what‘s best for herself.

I have personally never seen exhibitions with Harry Potter or Hunger Games music but if they exist, please enlighten me, I‘d love to watch them. I think both have great soundtracks, also very dramatic ones. I think Game of Thrones is frequently used in skating, I remember Polina Tsurskaya‘s program to it. It was even a competitive one but then again, she only used the song but chose a different theme.

malya

On the Ice
I... did not want to see this.

Luckily it's Alena skating to it, so there is literaly no chance that it will be a bad exhibition skate.
Now I'm scared of junior Worlds :p

anna gabriela

Rinkside
I don’t know why everyone’s being so dramatic 😂 Alena will probably just be skating to some music from Twilight (which honestly has a pretty good soundtrack) with a bit of vampire ish choreography, it’s really completely irrelevant whether Twilight itself is a good movie or not. I personally am really excited to see it because her fire in that short clip is incredible!! I think we need to trust that Alena is a fantastic interpreter and performer who can make a masterpiece out of pretty much anything and I think she’ll pull off this darker character really well.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I... did not want to see this.

Luckily it's Alena skating to it, so there is literaly no chance that it will be a bad exhibition skate.
Now I'm scared of junior Worlds :p

I think it's quite funny that we all agree that twilight is terrible but we're still fairly optimistic because it's Alyona skating to it so it can't be terrible. :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to Worlds, even though I'm as always a bit anxious. Alyona the Angel, Alyona the Juliet, Alyona the Vampire. I'll watch all of them. :laugh:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Alyona vampire? Why not? Soundtrack from Twilight? Who cares, as long as the music will fit the program. After all, many really bad movies have super soundtrack (Star Wars saga, for example :devil:) that can create good program (SP, FP, gala).

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I don’t know why everyone’s being so dramatic �� Alena will probably just be skating to some music from Twilight (which honestly has a pretty good soundtrack) with a bit of vampire ish choreography, it’s really completely irrelevant whether Twilight itself is a good movie or not. I personally am really excited to see it because her fire in that short clip is incredible!! I think we need to trust that Alena is a fantastic interpreter and performer who can make a masterpiece out of pretty much anything and I think she’ll pull off this darker character really well.

:clapper::clapper::clapper:
Thanks, you've said it much better than I could.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I wonder if the new EX means she has been booked for any shows this spring? I know it’s not common for juniors to book shows but she has a large fan base so hopefully she will appear in a few Japanese shows in the off season 😀