Alena Kostornaia | Page 110 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

SkateSkates

Medalist
Seems like that Instagram post has been deleted so there’s still hope that maybe she will be there 😍

I hope she can participate somehow even if not on the ice maybe still meet fans or something.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Seems like that Instagram post has been deleted so there’s still hope that maybe she will be there 😍

I hope she can participate somehow even if not on the ice maybe still meet fans or something.
What is the real deal? There's always such mystery around the Russian girls. I certainly hope Alena is feeling better since it's already a few weeks after the JWC.

Scott512

Record Breaker

She has a great profile too! ;)

I sure hope being in the water has healing for Alena's fragile body and her leg or foot or ankle injury or whatever it is. I'm hoping her injury issue is more of a boot issue and that once she finds the right skates it won't be an issue anymore. Anastasia Gubanova had a boot problem at the beginning of last season and it's slowed the start of her season but then when she got over it she was fine. Hoping it's works the same with Alena if it is a boot issue. She is so tiny and probably growing in various areas right now and that alone could be causing pain for a figure skater. I hope she has a wonderful offseason it looks like it's off to a fun start.

silveruskate

On the Ice
I'm sure there are no bad intentions at all but I think it's best if we stay away from how Alena looks wearing a swimsuit :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'm sure there are no bad intentions at all but I think it's best if we stay away from how Alena looks wearing a swimsuit :)

I don't think Grin or anyone meant anything. My comment was how water and swimming and moving around and it would be good for her battered figure skating body. The same of course goes for all figure skaters. They suffer so much with pain and I have so much respect for them. I could never do it.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
the official team Tutberidze instagram account posted a new announcement for the show later this month, and they included Alena's name. I wonder if this is a mistkae, or if she will be performing after all?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
the official team Tutberidze instagram account posted a new announcement for the show later this month, and they included Alena's name. I wonder if this is a mistkae, or if she will be performing after all?

She'll probably be there in some capacity. Perhaps not yet skating a full difficulty EX, but who knows? Alyona is capable of many surprising and entertaining things on the ice, and if properly presented, nobody in the audience will know the difference between a 100% and a 75% exhibition routine.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
WOW!

When I watched Mariah's program to "Experience" this year, Alena always came to my mind. I wish she will pick this music next season!

Anastasia Tarakanova skated her SP to Experience during the season 2017/2018 when she was with Eteri so I doubt Eteri would choose for this music again so soon.

lappo

Final Flight
WOW!

When I watched Mariah's program to "Experience" this year, Alena always came to my mind. I wish she will pick this music next season!

Experience is the most used Ludovico Einaudi piece though (other than Mariah and Tarakanova, Medvedeva skated to it as an EX and Lecavalier as SP and I'm sure there are more). There is plenty of other Einaudi beautiful pieces to skate to that would suit Alena very much IMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEOJQawykD0 or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy2ZF2ks-9E or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Ck42-_btY for example.
Also i would love this for her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUhCGCgiRr8
But I also hope that Eteri gives her the Edith Piaf that she wanted to skate to this season, so she can have a program that she can fully enjoy and being passionate about.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I love Experience for Alena but maybe she should wait a season or 2 because it seems like a lot of skaters are using the music right now - Evgenia, Mariah an American dance team, I’m sure there are more...

She deserves a unique music choose for her unique skating ❤️