Alena Kostornaia | Page 406 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Looking good.. but it's nothing new, we've seen someting like this a couple of years ago with Erokhov.. ;)
Was it as good? I know nothing to Pairs elements, but this looks so smooth, effortless on both sides but still with a push from her partner, the axis looks perfect and the landing too, I don't know if these are criteria for judging throw jumps?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Was it as good? I know nothing to Pairs elements, but this looks so smooth, effortless on both sides but still with a push from her partner, the axis looks perfect and the landing too, I don't know if these are criteria for judging throw jumps?
It wasn't good it was Excellent. That was a first rate triple throw jump. The height, distance and landing she gets is first rate.
One of the best triple throw jumps I have seen from a non pair skater in awhile and I have seen a lot.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
That's unfrotunate, it's not very probable they will get married.. 😎
I really hope the greatest happiness to Misha Kolyada, and this implies not divorcing because it's always an ordeal.
Anyway, I suppose she would need a taller skater. Well, there's Cha Junhwan too, but he's not Russian. His quads are less telegraphed and more rotated now that he's back to TCC though, so maybe he wouldn't be benefited by switching to Pairs. But what a beautiful Pair they would make!:love2: The most beautiful people and the most beautiful skating.
There's also Nikolaj Memola, who's growing, but his skating is not quite as beautiful.
Well, sorry, these were just very, very idle thoughts, because I don't know at all what makes that a Pair works or not. Pair skaters are not just two Single skaters skating on the same program.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
She would skate with the guy she is practicing with as he broke up with his last partner. I think his name is Kuznitza or something like that
So he's alone? Then she's even more likely to be considering Pairs seriously. I'm not that surprised, because she looks like someone enjoying throws, twists, death spirals and all these Pairs things. I hope he's a kind and considerate partner! She deserves the best!
I found no male Pairs skater whose name looked like Kuznitza, so, if you find his name, I'd like to see how he skates!

linkintank

Rinkside
Wow, those twists! She seems to be really earnest with Pairs practice.
But who could she skate with, who would match her in quality of skate if she really switches to Pairs? Misha Kolyada already said that he wouldn't skate Pairs unless with his wife.
I think the obvious guy would be Makar Ignatov. The guy is clearly having issues in the Men's division and he's not looking like he's going to get a shot to compete internationally. He's got the height and pairs might require less stamina which is his big issue.

happycamper2554

On the Ice
Thank you! So, he's switched to Pairs in 2020/2021, but competed rather little?
I didn't find any embedded video of his as a Single or Pair skater, but he was appreciated?
I wonder who will coach them.

He has been with Moskvina's team. He skated with Team Tut as a singles skater. So Alena would know him from then. Video with prior partner

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
He has been with Moskvina's team. He skated with Team Tut as a singles skater. So Alena would know him from then. Video with prior partner

Thank you! I take the liberty of trying to embed it, or I can't see it:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Thank you! I take the liberty of trying to embed it, or I can't see it:

Edit:
He is indeed a very talented skater, I understand that he switched to Pairs because he had no hope of getting the required number of quads to win internationally? But he must still have excellent triples, and he looks like an excellent spinner like Alyona... With his previous partner they had "only" a double twist too, but the difference in base value with a triple twist is not very high, and nobody does quadruple twists nowadays?
Now, I suppose there is a huge difference between having an element at practice and having a fully operational program, but I'm really excited.

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary

everything seems to be from 2020.
It's unbelievable how long can I listen to her talking and giggling without understanding a single word :ROFLMAO:
Her voice is the best soundtrack ever 💎 🦄 🥰 👑

💯% agreed! Actually, it's like the voice of a character from a cartoon for children... :biggrin: Extremely funny and cute at the same time! 🥰 (I'm not sure she'd be extremely happy to hear that though...) :ROFLMAO:

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia

everything seems to be from 2020.
It's unbelievable how long can I listen to her talking and giggling without understanding a single word :ROFLMAO:
Her voice is the best soundtrack ever 💎 🦄 🥰 👑

translation:

Tweet: I'm hungry. I eat dumplings. (in Ukrainian)

This is probably a very relevant topic for all athletes. Not necessarily about dumplings, of course, but ... But we love to eat!

(a poster with the inscription "Bright. Magic. Kostornaya" is shown, then Alena, along with Rozanov and Plushenko, awaiting judges' score)

I was very worried about the score and therefore I did not expect to see so many points at all, especially considering that I did not have a triple Axel [in this performance].

Tweet: Plushenko should have changed the name of his academy a long time ago - angels should be replaced with little imps.

About changing the name from “angels” to “little imps” - well, I don’t know, maybe, speaking specifically about me, that’s right. But about the name of the academy as a whole, it is better to ask Evgeny Viktorovich.

I have two states: the first is a state of drive, when it is very difficult to endure me, because I am very noisy, loud, constantly saying something, constantly laughing, I have an adrenaline rush. And the second state is when I am quiet and calm, somehow inexpressive. I am a person of mood, which can depend on various factors - for example, on the weather, on how successful my training was, on whether I want to do something or not, on whether I like something or not. In general, my mood is unpredictable.

From Yevgeny Viktorovich there is always some kind of energy on the ice. Therefore, if I am in a mood that is unfavorable for skating and jumping, he will always find a [suitable] task for me, find words that can cheer me up. And if I need to overcome my mood, then he will help me.

Voice over (I think it's not Plushenko, but Rozanov): Alyona, you're should be a little angry, come on, get angry! At least get a little pissed when you go into this jump... Stop messing around! Need to get angry! Get angry at yourself!

Tweet: Queen

Well, I don't know how Queen I am - it's too early to talk about it. But the image is similar.

Tweet: Here comes the crown...

The crown in hairs is not a crown, it's a diadem after all. Don't forget about it. Crown is too loud. But I tried to specifically choose [diadem] in such a way that it matches in color and to get some kind of addition to the hairstyle. And to completely do my hair, I needed 1 hour and twenty minutes in time. But yesterday it was a little faster. At first, I didn’t do this hairstyle myself - a girl helped me, but now I’m trying to do everything on my own - it seems to work out well, but it takes a lot of time.

Tweet: You can hit me, but Alena Kostornaya does not look her best this season

So! Someone writes that I don't look very good this season. Well, that's someone's personal opinion. Because we have a very subjective sport. Some like it, some don't, some are for it, some are against it. No one has canceled the right to an opinion, but your opinion is yours. And if you don't like something, well, don't like it.

Tweet: Alena is generally unrealistically beautiful! My beautiful girl!

I try, I try! Beauty still needs to be supported. Now I began to devote a lot of time to maintaining fitness and other aspects of the correct daily routine, which I had almost never observed before. For example, I went to bed when I wanted to, I could stay awake all night, doing something deliberately meaningless, and then, when there was no more than an hour left before training, I would lie completely unconscious, because my body coped with it.

And now I began to pay more attention to these aspects, and as a result, the swelling under my eyes has decreased, and the skin has become cleaner, the complexion has become more or less acceptable, and not like that of a dead.

Tweet: Wow, Alena's skates are decorated with rhinestones!

About skates with rhinestones. Yes, this is my third pair of skates decorated in this way - and for the third time I sit and stick [these rhinestones]. I once saw Zhenya Medvedeva's skates decorated in this way, I really liked it, and I thought - why not do the same? No one but Zhenya has done this yet - why don't I try?

I myself sat and pasted rhinestones. Here, literally two days ago, in the evening before my short program. I pasted directly before the program because my laziness did not let me do it before. That is, I started gluing, the rhinestones fell off, and I thought: “Well, I'll do it later, later, later” - and only when there was almost no time left, I did it.

It takes me twenty or thirty minutes for each slot in the skates. More precisely, for a small slot - ten minutes, and for the largest - thirty minutes. In general, you have to spend time on one skate ... now I'll count ... There are seven slots, and it took me about an hour and a half - for each skate. But in any case, you need to sit down, arm yourself with a glue gun, take rhinestones and do not forget about the skates themselves …

Tweet: I really like Alena's step sequence.

Someone liked my sequence of steps... We are working, working on this element, working on programs. Well, I really like my step sequences too. I really try to show emotions, to give everything away. I try to communicate even more with the audience, I try to look at them. I try to treat competitions not as competitions, but as an opportunity to communicate with the audience. That is, not to give energy to the audience, but to receive energy from them. But, despite this, all the time you need to control yourself. Once I already lost control in such a situation - and safely flew under the side of the rink. Now I try not to do that.

Tweet: Kostornaya skated so softly to the music of Billy Eilish, I drowned in feelings.

Yes, I myself am delighted with myself if I manage to show what I can show. I give my all to the program and try to fully embody my image.

Tweet: What kind of wild abstractionism does Alena have on the dress in front? Honey, take that dress off!

So! About the dress in the short program: the red spot is not a spot, it is a hint of the heart. Maybe now it's not very clear, because the dress is in the process of being finalized. Maybe we will change something, maybe the dress will remain the same. But in general, if I raise my hand like this, the spot takes on the shape of a heart. Of course, not a standard heart, but a human one, which should be. That was the intention. And these snakes on the dress are like veins. At the first time, I also did not understand what was shown here and why, but then they explained it to me and I thought: “Yes, this is it!” After the explanation, everything immediately became clear to me.

Tweet: I missed Alena so much.

About how people missed me... I also really missed the competition. And, probably, I still lack that adrenaline that I had when I entered international tournaments. There is not enough hall, because then the hall was much larger. I haven’t fully remembered these feelings yet, but I’m still very happy. It is very difficult when you are not preparing, when it is not clear what to prepare for, how to motivate yourself. I don’t even know, I go out on the ice with the thought of what I need to do, what I would like to do, what I would like to see in the end. But it’s not always possible to set myself up, and therefore I need a good kick. In general, this is everything. Thank you!