Alena Kostornaia | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

NataFoxxy

On the Ice
Ok , final round

Alena ( Aljona ) Kostornaia
good — Aljona, Aljonka , Aljonochka , Aljonushka
not good — no .. except Kostorka (but she used in internet)

Alina Zagitova
good — Alinka, Alinenok, Alinochka, Alinushka
not good — Zagi ( only for Russian ears) , Zagitka

I think that Russian users should not use these names — Zagi, Pogo, Med...
for others ,this is normal

Please, please, please do NOT use Kostorka :shocked: ,because in Russian this word means laxative :sad21:

I think I join to this discussion too late. Why do you need to create nickname for these lovely ladies?
I agree that it is difficult to spell last name Shcherbakova, but it is not more difficult than these once: Birkenhead, Buckingham, Cholmondeley, Eastaughffe, Wellington , Westbrook, Winterbourne. Nobody tries to make it shorter.

by the way, Zagi is rough.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Please, please, please do NOT use Kostorka :shocked: ,because in Russian this word means laxative :sad21:

In Russian kastorka means castor oil (used as laxative too), and Kostornaya is derivative from bonfire (костёр)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm not sure, there just haven't been any since 2015. Seems like most are in Europe.

Orlov

Medalist
Guess who‘s got autographs of both Kanysheva and Kostornaya :biggrin:

tbh, I'm not sure that I would have the courage to do this. I think the maximum I can do is to come by subway station "Belyaevo", go outside, say "Oh my God, to Crystal-rink only 400 meters!!" and run back to the subway :) In the subway train, I would explain to the random passenger "Dude, check this out - up to Alena was only 400 meters, it's almost like I was standing next to her!", the passenger would look at me with fright, and try to move away :biggrin:

Kirpich

Rinkside
I think alot of people try to distinguish her from Alina Z because their names sounds the same. And it confuses some people.

Actually, their names don't sound the same. Some announcers pronounce "e" in Alena like "I" or "ee", which make it sound like Alina, but the correct pronunciation is Aljona, or Al'yona, in russian there's a letter ё for that.

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Actually, their names don't sound the same. Some announcers pronounce "e" in Alena like "I" or "ee", which make it sound like Alina, but the correct pronunciation is Aljona, or Al'yona, in russian there's a letter ё for that.

Or Alöna, for the exclusive owners of the ö-keyboards. :biggrin:

Have the values of loop and lutz been reduced bcoz they are only worth 4.90 and 5.90 in the first half?

You mean, after the last congress? Here are the current base values: https://www.isu.org/communications/...arking-goe-2018-19-replacing-2168/file#page=2