Alena Kostornaia | Page 320 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

esteticlove

Final Flight
Her new hair colour is a bomb! However, it could be troublesome to find a fitting dress for the new season.. Do you have any ideas for a colour? I think dark blue / black should be avoided :scratch2:

macy

Record Breaker
Her new hair colour is a bomb! However, it could be troublesome to find a fitting dress for the new season.. Do you have any ideas for a colour? I think dark blue / black should be avoided :scratch2:
i wouldn't worry about her hair. unusual colors wash out quickly and it will be well gone by the time the season starts, assuming she doesn't re color it. i doubt Eteri will let her, the off season is really the only time she'd be able to have a fun color.

Batsuchan

Medalist
According to sports.ru Aliona Kostornaia has entered the Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports, Youth and Tourism.
(The same university that Alina Zagitova attends)

(I wonder if this means she isn’t going to be a neurosurgeon after all)
I'm not entirely sure what's going on, so perhaps we'll have to wait for Aliona herself to explain, but on FSO (the Russian skating forum), they were saying that she hasn't completed the enrollment yet (I guess she just has been admitted?) -- so maybe it's just a fallback in case she doesn't get into a med school? I'm not sure though. :scratch2:
i wouldn't worry about her hair. unusual colors wash out quickly and it will be well gone by the time the season starts, assuming she doesn't re color it. i doubt Eteri will let her, the off season is really the only time she'd be able to have a fun color.
I agree with macy -- I assume she'll change her hair color to something more natural before the season starts.
Last year during the off-season she dyed part of her hair bright pink for a while, but it was definitely gone by the time she moved to AoP...

Decoder

On the Ice
I guess Aliona probably does not want to spend too much time "arguing" with her mom about which major to choose, as she did before, or she applied to several colleges and is waiting for acceptance letters.
As to the hair color, my take is :ROFLMAO:: since she still found time to play with her hair, I think she must be very close to getting her 3A back, I mean back to the 19/20 state.

Last edited:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
According to sports.ru Aliona Kostornaia has entered the Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports, Youth and Tourism.
(The same university that Alina Zagitova attends)

(I wonder if this means she isn’t going to be a neurosurgeon after all)
I don’t think it means that.
Based on my experience, in Russia it is seen as a good thing to have more than 1 degree, so I think she went for this one as it isn’t as requiring of attention as a medical degree.
For her medical degree she might opt to pursue it later on, once she’s done with figure skating. I know that Petr Gumennik did his exams but is only planning to apply to university after another Olympic cycle, when he achieved what he wanted in figure skating.

Azikin

Medalist
This is a rare photo.. ;)
1nmb2CugN0o.jpg

spicymacaron

On the Ice
Aliona posted another video in tiktok with Wicked Game over it. I think she may actually be using it for one of her programs. Maybe her short or exhibition?

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Aliona posted another video in tiktok with Wicked Game over it. I think she may actually be using it for one of her programs. Maybe her short or exhibition?
If so, I love the choice and the cover..
Kind of haunting
But then again it maybe a song she likes and is using to disguise the real music..
How long before we know for sure?

AxelLover

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Hello Aliona fan fest. :) Yesterday a rewatched a lot of Aliona's 2019 and 2020 performances and it gave me a strong urge to express the following:

She's just so naturally elegant and greceful! No matter what music and choreography she's skating to you always immediately see that each move she makes is exquisite and it seems to be absolutely easy and natural for her. Plus she perfectly hears and feels the music.

Do you feel the same? How would you describe it?