Alena Kostornaia | Page 321 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

AxelLover

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
I hope she keeps her programmes from the last season. I would like to see skating Four season and My way by Luca d'Albero again.
I liked the previous programs (i.e. No Time to Die and R&J) better, so I'd rather see those again. But as was stated above, there's no chance of Eteri letting Aliona compete with programs related to the Plushenko episode.

Anyway, I hope there still is at least a tiny bit of chance that we would see Aliona skate the Adele exhibition program once again.

Reactions: ana

macy

Record Breaker
I liked the previous programs (i.e. No Time to Die and R&J) better, so I'd rather see those again. But as was stated above, there's no chance of Eteri letting Aliona compete with programs related to the Plushenko episode.

Anyway, I hope there still is at least a tiny bit of chance that we would see Aliona skate the Adele exhibition program once again.
the Adele program was stunning on her. i think she'd do great with skyfall.

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Hello Aliona fan fest. :) Yesterday a rewatched a lot of Aliona's 2019 and 2020 performances and it gave me a strong urge to express the following:

She's just so naturally elegant and greceful! No matter what music and choreography she's skating to you always immediately see that each move she makes is exquisite and it seems to be absolutely easy and natural for her. Plus she perfectly hears and feels the music.

Do you feel the same? How would you describe it?

You captured exactly how I felt the first time I saw her skating, I was stunned when I first saw her Adios Nonino back in 2018 and was cursing the fact that she was too young for the Olympics. :ROFLMAO: Didn't miss a single musical accent and every movement felt deliberate, no arm flailing which I think is common for juniors still trying to work on their artistry, but she already had it all to the point you'd think she was 20 rather than 14.

I remember at the start of the 2019/20 thinking I was gonna hate the Twilight program cause of the music cuts but then she made me love it. She performed the hell out of it every time. I hope she has programs that she loves just as much as that one for this season. :pray:

Batsuchan

Medalist
Polina Edmunds chatted with Adam Rippon on her latest podcast, and of course Adam talked about how much he loves Aliona's skating. :biggrin:

You can listen to the podcast here -- the discussion of the ladies starts around 1:15:15.

Or else some kind soul has transcribed his comments here:

Adam calls Aliona one of the most beautiful and fantastic skaters he's ever seen, with "incredible basics, excellent skating, power, transitions, movement" and maturity. And that elusive IT factor.

Totally agree! (y)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Happy 18th birthday to Aliona!
She already went back to her old hair colour, she was on 1TV this morning on the occasion of her birthday.
Interviewers asked whether or not she asked her parents before changing her hair, to which Aliona answered that she didn’t ask, but “they were informed”😂
if this isn’t classic Aliona, I don’t know what is!
Wishing all the best in the upcoming season to this little devil!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Happy 18th birthday to Aliona!
She already went back to her old hair colour, she was on 1TV this morning on the occasion of her birthday.
Interviewers asked whether or not she asked her parents before changing her hair, to which Aliona answered that she didn’t ask, but “they were informed”😂
if this isn’t classic Aliona, I don’t know what is!
Wishing all the best in the upcoming season to this little devil!

Happy birthday Alyona!

Did she speak of her 3A in this interview? I heard "trixel".

I'm really sorry I can't access directly Instagram so I'm very grateful to those who embed her posts, thank you Nussnacker! She's as nice on ice as off-ice.
Hair color and hairdressing are really something most teens appropriate and don't want their parents to interfere with, I really don't think she's the only one. (I have personal memories too.)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Happy birthday Alyona!

Did she speak of her 3A in this interview? I heard "trixel".

I'm really sorry I can't access directly Instagram so I'm very grateful to those who embed her posts, thank you Nussnacker! She's as nice on ice as off-ice.
Hair color and hairdressing are really something most teens appropriate and don't want their parents to interfere with, I really don't think she's the only one. (I have personal memories too.)
It isn’t literal, I’ll paraphrase: the interviewers said that 3A is an “extreme” thing to try for a regular person, what extreme thing would Aliona want to try now that she’s 18? She said that 3A is extreme for everyone, including her, and that she would want to try and jump from 200m tower in Sky Park in Sochi.

The other bit was about her being known for being a bit difficult/rebellious. She said that she’s just a person of such a nature, that when she happens to have an opinion she will fight tooth and nail for it, she’ll not yield until the very last moment and won’t agree with what other person says and that’s why conflict situations might arise. Interviewers said that it’s actually a good quality to have. :)