Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim

slider11

Medalist
C'mon Alexa and Chris! We need a top 10 finish in Pairs to have 2 teams for Worlds next year. You can do it!

reneerose

Final Flight
Hope there isn't anything healthwise that affected her performance. Was heartbreaking to watch her emote at the end and Chris trying to keep encouraging her. She didn't look her usual self during the program. Hope they rebound well.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Their free program at Worlds brought tears yesterday; cannot imagine what they are going through right now. The audience was so supportive which was lovely to see and Alexa managed a smile in the K & C. They are brave souls. Will follow them closely in the coming months.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She feels so bad, I just want to hug her or send her a huge teddy bear or something. Or some makeup. Or some sequins. My poor spirit animal.

sl0201

Spectator
Did Alexa just announce their retirement on her Instagram? Thought at first she was just talking about the end of the season, but then saw another post mentioning something about "goodbye". She did something weird with the text, though, and it's much too zoomed-in to actually read. Can someone with better eyes than me double-check her Instagram story?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Still proud of Alexa and Chris; they did their best and have absolutely *nothing* to be ashamed of (unlike some hack "journalists" on Twitter:disapp:). But it broke my heart to see Alexa so sad.:sad21:

Did Alexa just announce their retirement on her Instagram? Thought at first she was just talking about the end of the season, but then saw another post mentioning something about "goodbye". She did something weird with the text, though, and it's much too zoomed-in to actually read. Can someone with better eyes than me double-check her Instagram story?

Someone with technical ability will need to capture the story, I am afraid. That white writing is way too pale, and goes by too fast. But I also saw the words "the next chapter". Maybe that is just next season :scratch: It is a very odd way to announce a retirement, if it is; Alexa is such a firecracker, hopefully she is just letting off steam!:yes:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Ugh. It's hard to read but it looks that way. Nooooooo. Maybe she's just really down about the results? "Time to face reality?" If they had intended to retire of course I support them, but if she is wanting to retire over a bad skate...lets flood her with messages of encouragement

On March 21st this was her tweet:

The end of a competition season is weird. I’m going to miss this program. One last time.... come what may...I will love you ☺️ #chapter #closing #new #one #opens

Nothing on Chris's twitter or their joint twitter. I am going nuts here. Instagram stories disappear after 24 hours so maybe blowing off steam?

Chris liked my "good luck next season" tweet.

slider11

Medalist
I wonder if reality is setting in. Chris had some sort of injury and maybe the thought of surgery and rehab at his age is not what he wants. Add to that Alexa's health and the possibility that they may want to start a family or just get into some sort of non-athlete profession that would let them live a normal life. Pairs training is brutal from what I can see and, except for super-woman Aljona Savchenko, wrought with injury.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Today her IG story says "sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge." That could mean a few things I guess. They do have plenty of time to start a family if that's what they want (and from interviews it seems they do).

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not linking because we can’t link to GoFundMe’s, but poor Diesel (one of Alexa and Chris’ giant pups) needs leg surgery, and one quote in the GFM is so cute: Diesel will be OK because it’s his left leg, not his landing leg:laugh:

:pray: for healthy recovery for Diesel!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not linking because we can’t link to GoFundMe’s, but poor Diesel (one of Alexa and Chris’ giant pups) needs leg surgery, and one quote in the GFM is so cute: Diesel will be OK because it’s his left leg, not his landing leg:laugh:

:pray: for healthy recovery for Diesel!

I was going to come post this but I thought we could post Gofundme's in fan fests?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was going to come post this but I thought we could post Gofundme's in fan fests?

Maybe I have it wrong? I am on my iPad now and can’t link anyway, or maybe we should ask in the Questions section.

I love how Alexa and Chris love their critters, and as someone with five cats, I’m amazed their cats get along with those dogs:)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe I have it wrong? I am on my iPad now and can’t link anyway, or maybe we should ask in the Questions section.

I love how Alexa and Chris love their critters, and as someone with five cats, I’m amazed their cats get along with those dogs:)

I asked already. Hopefully we get clarification soon!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evidently TSL is reporting that Alexa and Chris are changing coaches:shocked:

I have very little time for TSL, but they do seem to have sources when it comes to coaching changes.

Good news: Alexa and Chris are continuing!:hap10:
(Maybe) bad news: who ever thought they would leave Dalilah? That’s right up there with Jason leaving Kori:eek:

And Diesel’s surgery according to Chris’ tweet is scheduled for Friday. Best of luck to Diesel!:pray:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Good luck on Friday Diesel....:pray: :agree:
So happy they will continue... I too equate their leaving their coach with Jason leaving his. Such decisions are complex .. here's hoping it works out for them!!

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Yay, they will continue!
I suppose that leaving Dalilah is not an easy decision, but imo - they need it. Don't get me wrong, she's a great coach but I kinda believe they need another training method, some novelty and another motivation.