Alina Zagitova | Page 1060 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Masaru gets her own post -

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8dk-d2lXHl/

She would like everyone to know she is not taking a break from her chosen sport of ice rolling & licking. She plans to win gold in Beijing. Assuming it is introduced as an Olympic sport and dogs are allowed to compete.

Masaru looks like she's trying to swim on the ice.

And that's quite the smart looking outfit she was wearing on her walk.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Masaru looks like she's trying to swim on the ice.

And that's quite the smart looking outfit she was wearing on her walk.

Alina is as tall as her mother ;-)

And Masaru didn't balk at having to wear a costume ;-)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I can only hope this documentary includes footage of Alina getting Masaru into her rain suit! :pray:

Angels -

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8egpirIpAH/

It's a rain suit? Masaru's breed seems much like a husky kind of dog. I suppose cold won't harm her. But perhaps she rather likes to roll through the thawing snow and accumulated muck, getting real dirty, and Alina hates having to clean up after her when they get home from their walkies?

Finley

Record Breaker
It's a rain suit? Masaru's breed seems much like a husky kind of dog. I suppose cold won't harm her. But perhaps she rather likes to roll through the thawing snow and accumulated muck, getting real dirty, and Alina hates having to clean up after her when they get home from their walkies?

I was just guessing, but I think you are right that Masaru is a roller. That suit is a lot easier to wash than a Masaru!

Throwback to the Olympic debut of Don Quixote from the Olympic twitter account -

https://twitter.com/Olympics/status/1227667435542601729

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I was just guessing, but I think you are right that Masaru is a roller. That suit is a lot easier to wash than a Masaru!

Throwback to the Olympic debut of Don Quixote from the Olympic twitter account -

https://twitter.com/Olympics/status/1227667435542601729

And huskies need to run free, Masaru probably too, to spill her energy and stay fit, her leash isn't long enough and Alina cannot run after her through wherever Masaru pulls her :)
I believe to have seen a video with a younger Masaru where Alina was explaining her keeping and training. I suppose her mother, grandmother and sister Sabina care for Masaru too when Alina is away.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico

I love this photoshoot. They look like beautiful paintings :love:

Glad to see Alina is enjoying Switzerland so much and getting lots of cool pics, making the most of that scenery. The ones with the lake and the mountains and cloudy weather look very dramatic :luv17:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Alina about her plans for the future (from the Tatler magazine feature): https://rsport.ria.ru/20200213/1564641499.html

“ When I was 13 years old, my grandmother and I moved to Moscow, and I ended up in a group with Eteri Georgieyvna Tutberidze, Sergey Dudakov and Daniil Gleikhengauz. We went through so much together and survived so many things! Several times I was about to leave the sport, but my character didn't allow me to do this. When something doesn’t work out, I’ll make it work out ”.

“ Now I train at Khrustalniy and at the same time I'm preparing to enter the Russian State University of Physical Education. I want to study to become a coach and, like Eteri Georgiyevna Tutberidze, raise new champions ”.

Zagitova also said that she continues to train a lot: “ I train at Khrustalny up to 12 hours a day. At the same time I participate in ice shows ”.

https://imgur.com/a/KTWSVmw , with another lovely group photo. The girls are so fortunate to have each other.

Zagipatra

On the Ice
Alina about her plans for the future (from the Tatler magazine feature): https://rsport.ria.ru/20200213/1564641499.html

“ When I was 13 years old, my grandmother and I moved to Moscow, and I ended up in a group with Eteri Georgieyvna Tutberidze, Sergey Dudakov and Daniil Gleikhengauz. We went through so much together and survived so many things! Several times I was about to leave the sport, but my character didn't allow me to do this. When something doesn’t work out, I’ll make it work out ”.

“ Now I train at Khrustalniy and at the same time I'm preparing to enter the Russian State University of Physical Education. I want to study to become a coach and, like Eteri Georgiyevna Tutberidze, raise new champions ”.

Zagitova also said that she continues to train a lot: “ I train at Khrustalny up to 12 hours a day. At the same time I participate in ice shows ”.

https://imgur.com/a/KTWSVmw , with another lovely group photo. The girls are so fortunate to have each other.

Not to be pessimistic but it seems like Alina has moved on...Yes, she is still training but how will she attend University and work on her technical content at the same time. I get the vibe that she has reconciled to the fact that this is now the time of the next "generation" (depressing to think considering that she is 17...). I wish her all the best but am also a little disappointed. The new documentary will probably be a repetition of that Tatler interview: Yes, she is still training and at the same time preparing for college.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Not to be pessimistic but it seems like Alina has moved on...Yes, she is still training but how will she attend University and work on her technical content at the same time. I get the vibe that she has reconciled to the fact that this is now the time of the next "generation" (depressing to think considering that she is 17...). I wish her all the best but am also a little disappointed. The new documentary will probably be a repetition of that Tatler interview: Yes, she is still training and at the same time preparing for college.

We'll see, but at the moment it looks like this. And Alina made the right choices and did all the right things, no arguments, no public rows, no running away. She will be hated on nevertheless.
If she acquires any ultra-si, she might want to compete it next season, otherwise who knows what she has planned, she might not even have firm thoughts herself?
Assuming Sambo-70 won't drop her for lack of motivation and work ethics, in theory she can study and train at the same time, many athletes do this for their whole study.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

There are those who can balance studies at the university with the training abroad, so why Alina could not :biggrin:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
There are those who can balance studies at the university with the training abroad, so why Alina could not :biggrin:

Those PE university studies aren't very demanding academically, and practically if you live in the vicinity of the university. Active athletes already have most of the basics and practicals done by the time they enter. They'll learn sports psychology, sports medicine and other theoretical subject in lectures, but can do their assignments by telestudy. High level athletes are good with time management so Alina will do just fine.

Arbitrary

Medalist
https://dni.ru/showbiz/2020/2/13/442984.html

Headline:
"Zagitova declared she're leaving..."

What could be lost in translation:
- I decided I don't want to compete in FS my whole life. My plans are quite different. Currently, I'm busy with a) shows and b) new elements.

--------------

We can safely believe this is definitely not her bye-bye...

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

The same way majority of Russian athletes study in universities!
Medvedeva is already in her 4th year of University, same as Tuktamysheva :) they all attend sports universities.
Pretty much every single russian athlete attends a sports university without actually having to attend it.

zounger

Medalist
The same way majority of Russian athletes study in universities!
Medvedeva is already in her 4th year of University, same as Tuktamysheva :) they all attend sports universities.
Pretty much every single russian athlete attends a sports university without actually having to attend it.

But don't you know? ... when Alina will attend there will be discussions, did she went to exams? Did she fully rotated the Sport Psychology subject? With which edge did she enter the Ergo-physiology class?