American Idol - Anyone Watching? | Page 12 | Golden Skate

American Idol - Anyone Watching?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I think young girls would relate to Kat more than Elliott, Taylor, or Chris. The 10 to 16 crowd proably would not consider any of those guys hot.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Piel - I agree... but all of the fan girls have taken to Elliot for some reason... beats me lol

then again I think a lot of teen girls also fancy Chris...

As for Chris accepting the offer, he can't until AI is over anyway... so we'll have to wait and see

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Piel said:
I think young girls would relate to Kat more than Elliott, Taylor, or Chris. The 10 to 16 crowd proably would not consider any of those guys hot.

What about talent? I guess to the 10 to 16 year old crowd that means nothing. Kat, another Britney or Christina from the teeny bopper crowd. How Boring. I hope the Idol prize includes some singing lessons. She will need them.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Ladskater said:
What about talent? I guess to the 10 to 16 year old crowd that means nothing. Kat, another Britney or Christina from the teeny bopper crowd. How Boring. I hope the Idol prize includes some singing lessons. She will need them.

Lad what are Britney and Christina ............Pop Idols. Not my cup of tea but what the show says it is looking for, a pop idol. Kat is very pretty, Kat is considered hot. Young girls identify with that. Not all of them but a great many do. I'm not saying that I agree with them.....I voted for Elliott. Remember too that AI is also a popularity contest. Kat may not be your favorite but the girl is not without talent. Off topic, but an interesting I think. Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. did a survey of girls ages 6 to 18. One of the questions was "How do you want to be thought of?" The overwhelming answer was......smart.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Piel said:
Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. did a survey of girls ages 6 to 18. One of the questions was "How do you want to be thought of?" The overwhelming answer was......smart.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hooray! Thanks for sharing that, Piel, it's good to hear.
Back to topic, I was surprised that Chris was eliminated, but we get a shocker like that at least once a season, no? As for Elliott, I think the trick is to close your eyes while you're listening to him. He's got that unfortunate thing going on with his mouth while he sings, and several people I know have been put off by it. Someone on the Vote For the Worst site said he looked like "Eddie Munster on a bad hair day", and I can almost see it. But he's got a great voice, and while I would probably part with some of my hard-earned discretionary income to see Taylor perform live if he came to town; I definitely plan to purchase Elliott's first CD.
So, yeah, I'm hoping for a Taylor-Elliott final. Who cares what Simon wants, right? :laugh:
Have a great weekend, everybody!
xoxo
Rave

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Elliots appearance does not turn me off... the over use of the vibrato does... I know I keep saying that, but it's as simple as that...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ladskater said:

instead of blaming the girls... blame their environment - between their parents encouraging it, and the media... who else ARE they going to look up to.

It's not just brainless immaturity, it's money hungry ADULTS in the industry.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
instead of blaming the girls... blame their environment - between their parents encouraging it, and the media... who else ARE they going to look up to.

It's not just brainless immaturity, it's money hungry ADULTS in the industry.

Great point. I am surprised that AI doesn't expose the superficial in society creating some form of change to what is fundamentally important - ie. not just looks. Of course it could just be perpetuating the idiocy of mankind to place more importance on what truly isn't good for society on the core - just slather that bitter apple up with wax so it looks good and people will buy it.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Chris is a good guy, I am sure he has a future - case in point - to each their own regardless if they have allot of talent or just more then average with a niche.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Tonichelle said:
Elliots appearance does not turn me off... the over use of the vibrato does... I know I keep saying that, but it's as simple as that...

I can certainly see your point, Toni, but it's all subjective. Chris' alleged great rock and roll voice? Sounded like so much screaming to me.
Sometimes Taylor is just too Joe Cocker-esque for me to take completely seriously, but he's the only contestant left that has any life to his performances, so I keep tuning in.
Can you imagine the snooze factor of an Elliott-Katherine final? Snore Patrol!
:laugh:
Rave

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Rave I was not a big fan of the Rocker Chris... but he did show a softer side once in a while (but got knocked for it by the judges, which was crap because he sounded SO much better those nights lol)

as for the Snore Patrol... :laugh: I'm hoping that doesn't happen. But I've learned from past seasons, that nothing is to be expected...

Will we see a top 2 like in Season two (will E being the geeky gawky power ballad singer, to Tay's cutesy, soulful, and fun style?)

we'll find out.....

after the break.

can't believe we're already getting to the last couple of weeks! YIKES!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
5/16A good nght. Three songs each.
Clive Davis chose one for each idol...
Elliott - Journey's "Open Arms" OK
Kat - R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly" OK
Taylor - Springstein's "Dancing In the Dark" ....this guy can flat out entertain BUT trying to recreate The Boss and CCA's moment from the video was a little cheesy. Note to Paula if you think your boobs may have fallen out of the side of your dress but aren't sure keep your mouth SHUT. Yikes now every 14 year old boy in the country is replaying it over and over for signs of boobage.

Judges choice...
Elliott (Paula) - "What You Won't Do For Love" OK
Kat (Simon) - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" excellent
Taylor (Randy) - "You Are So Beautiful" I did not love this as much as the judges

Singer's choice...
Elliott - "I Believe to My Soul" excellent
Kat - "I Ain't Got Nothin' But the Blues" I LOVED this
Taylor - "Try A Little Tenderness"....FINALLY!!! OK, I was underwhelmed especially by the ending. Was really looking forward to the "got to got to got to" part

Over all I think Taylor won this round. All three of his were very entertaining. Kat finishes second IMO with two really good performances and one OK one. Sadly, I think Elliott will go home. All three of his were good but only "IBTMS" really stood out.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Piel said:
5/16A good nght. Kat (Simon) - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" excellent
Katherine did do an excellent job. In some ways her voice reminds me a little of Karen Carpenter. I loved it.

I can't really say anything positive about the 2 guys.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kat beat out the boys last night... but I voted for Tay... because I'd rather have Tay and Kat than Elliot and Kat... and Taylor was the better of the two guys...

I think Simon's little thing of "It's a good thing you have 3 songs tonight" to both E and Taylor shoud have been said after the second or 3rd song, not right out of the gate. Both have proven that they tend to clam up under the pressure, and Taylor was obviousy nervous during the second song. Elliot seemed scared to death lol. It just wasn't cool. lol

Taylor's line was busy for most of the first hour, and after that I was able to get through, so we'll see what the results say (I'll bet anything Taylor goes home, Elliot fans are rabid like Clay fans were!!!)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I was only able to get through on Elliott's line three times in two hours. Still think Elliott will go home tonight.

Piel's song choices for Taylor next week....

"Sitting On the Dock of the Bay"

and to bring the house down............"What'd I Say"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I still want to hear either Georgia on My Mind or Go The Distance for Taylor... but that's just me ;)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Spoiler 5/17

SPOILER

I cannot believe how close the voting was.......

33.68% Taylor
33.26% Kat
33.06% Elliott

Thought Taylor would have a much larger lead. Kat could take this next week.

Go Soul Patrol!

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That was unbelievable, how much closer could it have been. I can't believe his turn out in his home town. I am sure they all have a great future, what a talent rich contestant showing for this one.

I wish they would have shown the names with the other numbers, well maybe that would have given it away - but then again where those votes go now no one knows. Maybe some wont even vote. Anyway, that was a tight one, wow!