American Idol - Anyone Watching? | Page 13 | Golden Skate

American Idol - Anyone Watching?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
AI Results - Just as I expected

Well no big surprise here - Elliot went home and the two left standing are Katharine and Taylor. I hate that Elliot got voted off, but I figured it would happen. He does have the best voice and is the most talented musical wise. I am sure someone will be calling Elliot soon for a record deal!!!

Of the two left, I hope Taylor wins. I just don' t think Katharine has that much talent.

Next week is it.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
Kat beat out the boys last night... but I voted for Tay... because I'd rather have Tay and Kat than Elliot and Kat... and Taylor was the better of the two guys...

I think Simon's little thing of "It's a good thing you have 3 songs tonight" to both E and Taylor shoud have been said after the second or 3rd song, not right out of the gate. Both have proven that they tend to clam up under the pressure, and Taylor was obviousy nervous during the second song. Elliot seemed scared to death lol. It just wasn't cool. lol

Taylor's line was busy for most of the first hour, and after that I was able to get through, so we'll see what the results say (I'll bet anything Taylor goes home, Elliot fans are rabid like Clay fans were!!!)

Actually, Elliot is the best singer technically of the bunch. Taylor is okay - does a lot of antics - I think after awhile he could get very boring. Katharine was flat on both of the tunes she cranked out. She managed to sing Somewhere Over the Rainbow, but it was a little "schmaltzy" to say the least. I just don't get what the big deal is over Katharine. She pretty much made it to the finals on her looks. After all she is from Hollywood where beauty counts.

Of the two, I hope Taylor wins. Although at this point, I really don't care.

CB1AB2

Medalist
I figured as much too. I give him so much credit and praise for lasting this long. For someone who is deaf in one ear and has no formal singing training I can only applaud him for his accomplishment.
" Simon has said that he thinks Taylor will win" I hope not=I'm not a big fan of his.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I knew it was going to be close but I 'm glad Elliot went. He was okay but I wouldn't go out and buy a record of his. I guess we will have to see what songs they cook up for the two remaining participants. I am excited about Tuesday but really don't have a clear winner in my head as of yet. I will judge on their preformances this week.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was rooting for a Kat/Elliott final, but with Elliott out I'm rooting for Kat all the way! However, I'm pretty sure Taylor will win. I like Taylor the person, but I'm not crazy about his singing.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Lad - you're going to have to split hairs when it comes to who is in tune, they're all about even when it comes to how many sour notes they hit this week... unless my TVs are completely awesome and put everyone in tune for me, which I doubt or we'd have the auditioners that suck sound good :rofl:

Taylor and Elliot were both more consistent in this competition than Kat, but she's far from being the worst singer in the world, and she's way more talented than some of the ladies in the industry today... she just needs to learn not to over sing...

Taylor Hicks - AI in 06!!!! :rock:

though either way I'm happy I enjoy both of them... can't wait for Taylor's album though!

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think the right person went, although Katharine is basically in now based on her looks. If people actually cared about the singing, she'd have been gone LONG ago.

I hope Taylor wins.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
Lad - you're going to have to split hairs when it comes to who is in tune, they're all about even when it comes to how many sour notes they hit this week... unless my TVs are completely awesome and put everyone in tune for me, which I doubt or we'd have the auditioners that suck sound good :rofl:

Taylor and Elliot were both more consistent in this competition than Kat, but she's far from being the worst singer in the world, and she's way more talented than some of the ladies in the industry today... she just needs to learn not to over sing...

Words out of my mouth, well acutely, better than the words that could have come....

So on target!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I don't understand the comments about Catherine's voice......it is amazing!! 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
show I don't either... aside from getting pitchy when she over sings (which heck Clay went sharp and no one cared, and Kelly goes flat and no one cares) she is a great singer

I just prefer Taylor... and I'm ready for the AI to be a guy again...

soccer6

Rinkside
I'm neutral to Katharine's singing voice. Vocally she's ok, but nothing exceptional, IMHO. But I think she is marketable. She's likeable and certainly stunning. I could see pre-teen and teenaged girls (going by the reactions of my daughter and her friends, anyway) looking up to her and flocking to her concerts. I personally find Taylor the more interesting and entertaining of the two onstage, though, so he gets my vote. I don't think he's an exceptional vocalist either, but he "sells" the performance.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
show 42 said:
I don't understand the comments about Catherine's voice......it is amazing!! 42
Show, I agree. Katherine has a beautiful voice.

Hoping it's Katherince tonight, :clap: :clap: :clap: Taylor just rubs me the wrong way as did Clay Aiken.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I am kinda hoping for Taylor, BION. I think Kat will be fine if she doesn't and the message it would send to have the Grey Man win would be good - it "shouldn't" always be about good looks.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
seanibu - your turn to teach me what does BION stand for? LOL

and I find Taylor to be quite good looking... so either way good looks wins ;)

then again I thought Clay Aiken was rather attractive as well lol

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
seanibu - your turn to teach me what does BION stand for? LOL

and I find Taylor to be quite good looking... so either way good looks wins ;)

then again I thought Clay Aiken was rather attractive as well lol

Believe it or not.:) Just making some up, I also use JAT, is that already used?

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
Just watched the show and Taylor will win!~

Who wrote that terrible song for Katherine? I don't know why she sang songs that she already did previously. Just plain stupid on her part or whomever is guiding her.

Taylor definitely did the best tonight but get rid of the "Soul Patrol" thing. I just am sick of it.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
My eyes are avoiding reading the previous post, because I am watching right now and Leivon SUCKS!!!! Horrible, oh Randy is so right - esh Paula is so off!

As far as Kat is concerned the fact she was on pitch with out getting Pitch, HFS! That is a sign of a great singer. I hope everyone knows just how difficult that can be in the spotlight. Whether you are just endowed or you use some color technique, that is a fantastic!!

Kat's last song stunk, combo of both IMO. She pulled a "Sasha" here I think - fell on the "Jumps." But the tune was a studio piece and the fact she was debuting a song, to much for both aspects.

Let's see how Taylor does.......... Song stunk too! Flutzed his triple Lutzes and fell on his 3x3 combos. but he did pull all of the doubles. And with Simon's last comment he should win it.

Still wondering if she has the crowd appeal as great as Taylor....we'll see.

Last edited: