Anastasia Shpilevaya & Grigory Smirnov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Shpilevaya & Grigory Smirnov

The Finn

Record Breaker
Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
Anastasia and Grigory at Jr Worlds FD

Thanks for the interview, great read! I agree, the people in the stands loved them, it was very touching!

My thoughts, from the review

A bright future, Anastasia Shpilevaya and Grigory Smirnov might have, I so loved their music "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg" and they came 6h in total, with a super twizzle, maybe the best of the day, super alignment and in general, their execution is really good, just trailing behind a bit with the levels on their step sequences. Interpretation wise, but also from the timings like with the straight line lift, where the changes come right on beat, great exit there too, using the music wonderfully!

In general, they caught the essence of the music beautifully, super smooth movements and relaxed, facial expression. But I also like how original they are, they have a very unique style, like with the stationary lift and they have a superb balance on the ice, she is so holding on to him, it just goes under your skin!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
They were the best for me. And they stole the audience's heart, too. This was the only one time in the whole championships when the crowd booed the judges because of the scores.

sneakers

Match Penalty
really looking good this season : they are in better form than Loboda/ Drozd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ur_AEnUMKs

it will be a shame to waste those edges and skating skills.
I think they need a coach that can harness more levels and drill those edges to hit the keypoints...

they are capable of so much more

sneakers

Match Penalty
russian fed assignments for russian ice dance have really bad strategy, L/D and S/S are pitted each either by one of M/C or Parsons

their next assignment, Shpilevaya / Smirnov should be moved to the last event where they will win in a cakwalk of more than 10 points !!!
there is literally no competition in that JGP Germany.

sneakers

Match Penalty
their names better be crossed out of JGP Slovenia and moved to JGP Germany.
or else what a :dumb: :gaah: decision

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Anastasia's dress for SP the best what I saw in juniors and seniors. So elegant and sexy :eek::

Last edited: