Andrei Mozalev | Page 65 | Golden Skate

Andrei Mozalev

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei gives a master class to the health minister. This slim athletic lady is very lucky to get an outstanding coach.

Andrei as a coach. He obviously enjoys this profession.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
This is the ranking of the LZ photo program, and we actually got to the top 5! Let's find out who is one step away from the top five.​

#6 "Rock Forever" by Mikhail Sharov

Let's not forget that this program is about rock music. Delightful, incomparable rock music of the 80's. The magnetic, mesmerizing introduction to "Kashmir" gives me goosebumps, and I don't think I'm the only one. Andrei's character fools around, fascinated by the girl, but he's also in love with the music. He's a little rocker. So this gesture is iconic for the whole program.
Andrei repeated the gesture when he thanked the audience after the most successful run of his program. He went on and off the ice with the mood "Rock Forever!"

However, it's not this photo that gets into my rating, although it's very atmospheric, but the other one. Thanks to Mikhail Sharov for capturing this moment close-up. Rock '80s lives in our hearts!

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
This is my top 5 ranking of the LZ photo program, and at number 5...

#5 "Walking Backwards" by Irina Tsimfer

A program trick, an element of '80s dance. Andrei does this movement for only a few seconds, but it is quickly remembered and draws attention. Irina Tsimfer made the most successful photo of this movement, which got into my rating at the high position. Because when I think of this program, I remember this movement of Andrei. It's interesting, it's in the spirit of the program and it's memorable.

Again I express my hope that the 80's-inspired rhythm dances will give us as many of these photographic moments as possible. Seriously, guys, the dancers of those times gave us so many cool moves, it would be a mistake not to take advantage of such an opportunity.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei Mozalev vs Aleksandr Gallyamov 😎

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei Mozalev today at Tamara Moskvina's master class with fans.
Tamara Moskvina's athletes Anastasia Mishina and Aleksandr Galliamov and others were also there.

MCT6M1YS608.jpg
7P8U3n36WT4.jpg

lb-k8t0LCXs.jpg
2eWA54uqey0.jpg

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Welcome back to the LZ program photo rankings! We are one step away from the top three. Who was close to the podium, but didn't make it?

#4 "Flexible Boy" by Divine Melody.

It's no secret that Andrei Mozalev is very plastic. I want to emphasize that in this program there are many choreographic elements, where Andrei demonstrates the flexibility of his arms, legs and corpus. It's not catchy as in the free program, but there is a lot of it here. Even in the strong and dynamic, "manly" program, Andrei is soft, flexible and plastic. I expected them to bail on that, but they keep the bar. Divine Melody took this photo, one of my favorite photos of the season, and it certainly should have made my ranking.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei in yesterday's master class

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
See you later Misha, good luck on the new path you've chosen. It's a shame these guys didn't compete together for long.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The LZ program's photo rating welcomes you! We begin awarding the medalists. Here are only the best, brightest and most memorable shots. Two participants shared the bronze medal at once, let's consider them separately.

🥉#3 "Starting Pose" by Divine Melody.

Since last season, the coaches have been trying to show Andrei's sensuality and sexuality. In this case, the tantalizing pose is due to the image and the music. This song was chosen by Andrei himself after listening to the whole musical heritage of LZ, so he assumed that he would show something like this.... Anyway, this soft and erotic image is also part of the teenage prank I wrote about earlier. It's a joke dance, a show-off, but very beautiful and attractive. If even after that you are confused, what the hell, remember that Lunin at 12 y.o. danced the cancan with his partner, he could come up with something cooler. I love this dance of a young grouse on the dance floor on a Saturday night and this sensual photo from Divine Melody, a most excellent photographer.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
With you ranking the best LZ photos of the program, and it's second honorable mention bronze. And we have a very technically cool photo here.

🥉#3 "Equilibrium" by Olga Timokhina.

I`m talking about the "thing" of the program. There are a lot of spread eagles in Andrei's program, including he uses a variation of Bestemyanova's spread eagle quite often. It looks pretty cool, especially from the technical side. Olga Timokhina was lucky to catch the moment when Andrei starts to perform this element and literally holds on the ice with the blade of one skate. Here is the skill of the photographer, the skill of the skater and this photo is good enough to be in the top 3.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
This is a ranking of the best LZ program photos, and we stopped one step away from first place! Who gets the beautiful silver medal? Who was so good that their photo comes to mind just when you think of this program?

🥈#2 "Winner" by Maria Evteeva

The final pose looks so much more beautiful if it was preceded by a brilliant skating. This time the show-off dance convinced everyone - fans, judges, viewers. It is a convincing victory, and that is what you want to remember when you think about Andrei's LZ program. A fine performance, a convincing acting performance, a clear win.

This photo is fine, but there is another shot that is not better, but conveyed the spirit of the program better than all the photos in my rating. This is the case when you can literally say everything about the program by one shot. Who is this and what kind of wonderful shot did he manage to get? We will find out soon :)

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei Mozalev expressed his opinion on the calendar of figure skating events in Russia. Let me remind you that St. Petersburg, Andrei's hometown, in new season will host the Russian Jumping Championships and the Channel One Cup.

Andrei Mozalev - for Match TV:

"It's really cool that the jumping tournament will be held in my city, but I think St. Petersburg should host more competitions, not just one start in five years."

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
So, that's the top ranking of the best LZ program photos, and we have a winner! Who was able to take the photo that best captures the spirit of this unique program?
Let's think about it. In fact, by claiming LZ, they tried to capture the whole spirit of 80's music:
- non-seriousness and goofiness;
- the "teen spirit,"
- the focus on sensuality and sexuality;
- the romance and brutality of glam rock;
- the cool dance moves that were left over from that era.
There were missing the cherry on the cake, one trait, one move that would be an homage to the entire era. By this one move you can recognize a whole era of dance development - and it also becomes a landmark for this program. So, ladies and gentlemen, please welcome...

...THE KING.
Yes, Michael's here. He couldn't not be here.

#1 🥇 "Michael Jackson" by Natalia Ponarina.

If someone asks me in a few years what I remember about this short Mosalev program, the first thing that comes to mind is this move. It lasts only a few seconds, but it is impossible to forget it. Not only is it an extremely spectacular trick, it's also a direct homage to Michael Jackson's dance move. We're talking about the '80s - we think of Michael, because that was his era. Thanks to Natalia Ponarina, a little-known photographer from St. Petersburg, for capturing the mood of this moment.

Ladies and gentlemen, this season is over, and we can say to each other, "Do you remember 2023 when Andrei Mozalev danced on the ice like Michael Jackson to the music of Led Zeppelin?" And it'll sound cool, just like it looked cool.

Thank you so much to everyone who followed my rating! I had a fun time and wasn't bored. Hopefully it was a little off-season fun, other than that we learned something new.
I have an idea for two more small ratings, but I won't be too intrusive and give everyone some time off so as not to cause annoyance.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Concluding the talk about the short program, a close-up photo of the costume from Maria Evstigneeva's atelier. We can focus on the details.

Hmm, costume ranking is one of my ideas..... Maybe I'll do that a little later.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
In today's master class by Tamara Moskvina.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei with fans

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
From Andrei`s IG: "Igora"

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
With a beautiful fan

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The premiere of SP 2023-2024 season. Not everything is perfect with the jumps, but it's the offseason, athletes aren't in perfect shape. The program can already be evaluated.

Music: "Romance" by Apocalyptica 🤘♥️