Animal Fun | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Animal Fun

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Orca Encounters:

We see orcas where I Iive on the coast of British Columbia. I like to watch them in videos; I don't think I'd like to get *that* close to them in person! I've never been able to learn to swim :eek: :cry: :popcorn:

LRK

Record Breaker
We see orcas where I Iive on the coast of British Columbia. I like to watch them in videos; I don't think I'd like to get *that* close to them in person! I've never been able to learn to swim :eek: :cry: :popcorn:

Me neither - I just could never trust the water...

Still, must be amazing to live so close by - they're magnificent creatures.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
One of my favourite documentary series ever - The Velvet Claw:

Narrated by Derek Jacobi.
My younger son is now a vet working in the project to save the endangered Highland wildcat. When he was a little kid, I think he watched this series so many times he could practically recite the commentary along with Jacobi. I often watched it along with him -- thanks for the chance to see it again. (My current Maine Coon, 19 lbs of fluff and so polite he's never scratched or bitten anyone in his 12 years, says he isn't interested in learning about his less civilized ancestors and where's lunch?) :coffee:

LRK

Record Breaker
My younger son is now a vet working in the project to save the endangered Highland wildcat. When he was a little kid, I think he watched this series so many times he could practically recite the commentary along with Jacobi. I often watched it along with him -- thanks for the chance to see it again. (My current Maine Coon, 19 lbs of fluff and so polite he's never scratched or bitten anyone in his 12 years, says he isn't interested in learning about his less civilized ancestors and where's lunch?) :coffee:

I quite forgot to say... Unfortunately I've a terrible memory for quotes (or much of anything else for that matter;) ), but one that I do remember is that cats "have perfected the technology of death." Especially as said by Derek Jacobi, it's particularly awesome. :)

Another thing I love about the series is the music:

Images, narration, music just work together so well in a cohesive whole.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Raven Anniversary:

Have to admit the first thing I noticed was that after Fable jumped off the woman's arm, she had a long scratch on that arm! But we'll assume she got that some other way than from those long claws:love:. Nice that Fable gets to live outdoors when she wants to.

One house we lived in had a row of tall evergreens across the back of the property that got completely taken over by grape vines, like a 30' high green wall of vines. Every year a crow couple would build a nest in the vines for that year's family. It was fun to listen to the babies learning to caw, croaky babbling at first, and then awkward "Cah?" sounds in little toddler voices. One weekend morning when my husband was out gardening, we could hear a little crow persistently whining, working up to a tantrum. I heard my husband shout up at the hidden nest, "Aw, come on, Ma! It's Saturday morning. Let the kid watch cartoons!":popcorn: