Animal Fun | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Animal Fun

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Feline Guardian Angels:

My Data exhibits all of these behaviors .. my Miss Ninja not quite so diligent🤗. Very nice video..

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Feline Guardian Angels:

My current big boy needs to watch this. He zips away and hides in a far closet (whose door must be kept open for him) every time the intercom buzzes for me to let some terrifying person (aka Everyone But Mummy) into the building. However, my parents' cat adopted me as a bald, pathetically slow learner of a kitten the day I was brought home from the hospital. She famously saved me from a rat when I was about a year old and was observed staggering towards a large grey creature under a bush, saying "Kitty, kitty!" happily, all eager to pat the nice new kitty. Before any human realized what it really was, Tabitha flashed by them, chased the rat into a corner and killed it, and then came back to comfort me until I stopped wailing in my disappointment. Protective to the max.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Scary Chihuahua:

If I were ever to have a dog as well as a cat, Lily Mouse is the size I could cope with. I'm just not into long walks outdoors at set times every day, but I know someone who has a tiny Chihuahua and for bathroom facilities they use puppy pads in a big cat litter pan indoors. Outdoors is just for a bit of fun in the fresh air, when the weather is nice and both human and Brutus (really :love: !) feel like it.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Equine Friendship:

Awww. Wonder if I could sneak a horse that size into an apartment? Everyone around here dresses their dogs in raincoats with hoods, or parkas with hoods in winter, so you don't see much except the legs and wagging tails. Maybe I could get away with saying my "dog" was a new mixed breed? Ponydoodle? :love:

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Scary Kittens:

Note: Maybe some big dogs are just really perplexed by very small creatures.
:love2: Takes me back to when I was little and my grandparent's cat (before the days of routine spaying) would use their big Springer spaniel as a babysitter when she wanted a break from twice-a-year motherhood. If she found him sprawled asleep on the carpet, she'd bring the current litter one at a time and drop them on his warm furry back, and then go off to hide somewhere quiet for a nap. Poor Spike would wake up and find himself covered with tiny squeaking kittens. He was too nice and too dominated by the cat to remove them and had to lie there sighing until someone rescued him.

I think it may depend on the breed of dog. The herders and some guard dogs instinctively protect smaller creatures (Great Danes are reputed to be good with kittens). Big terriers like Airedales might be more inclined to see them as rodents. This lovely boy looks like he's thinking: "Human and cat are calm, little squealing things are allowed on human's bed, so must be OK, but....what....are....they?"