Anna Shcherbakova | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Ugh.. I feel dissappointed and relieved at the same time :confused: It's a pity she decided not to be first lady to land a 4Lz :gaah:
Anyway, congratulations to Anna with her first international gold! :hap85: :clap: :hap10:

4Lz time will come, I am sure of it :biggrin:
Anna is really looking great in the first place of the podium. :luv17:

Ladogaboy

On the Ice
Ugh.. I feel dissappointed and relieved at the same time :confused: It's a pity she decided not to be first lady to land a 4Lz :gaah:
Anyway, congratulations to Anna with her first international gold! :hap85: :clap: :hap10:
I guess they decided to play it safe for the moment.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Anna's free skate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmFSpxEZfNw
Yes, maybe little behind expectations, but safe strategy paid off. They probably decided about it earlier as during training she did this layout too. But you can count on me, if something would go wrong, many smart guys would appear and flood internet with speculations of that kind "they intentionally lowered her BV to make XY winning" :laugh:

lastremnant

On the Ice
I am going to go out on a limb here and make a prediction. Now the junior season looks just as exciting as the seniors, especially with the Team Tet competition for Juniors champion.

While Trusova and Kostornaya are ahead of Anna in their experience and know-how, I think Anna might pull off the Junior victory this year (and be the "heir apparent" to Alina and Evgenia in the long run). Why do I think this? Because while Trusova is a tornado and Kostornaya feels her programs excellently, expressing them better than anyone, I think Anna is a combination of the two of them. She has the full package of sport + art. This is not taking anything away from the other two skaters who are equally amazing and will also excel on the seniors circuit. I am just making a prediction here that Anna will be the new force to be reckoned with in the juniors for the next few years and then the seniors circuit. Feel free to disagree with me. I am no expert. I am just making a prediction.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
While Trusova and Kostornaya are ahead of Anna in their experience and know-how, I think Anna might pull off the Junior victory this year (and be the "heir apparent" to Alina and Evgenia in the long run). Why do I think this? Because while Trusova is a tornado and Kostornaya feels her programs excellently, expressing them better than anyone, I think Anna is a combination of the two of them. She has the full package of sport + art. This is not taking anything away from the other two skaters who are equally amazing and will also excel on the seniors circuit. I am just making a prediction here that Anna will be the new force to be reckoned with in the juniors for the next few years and then the seniors circuit. Feel free to disagree with me. I am no expert. I am just making a prediction.

What makes you think that at the next season she will stay in juniors? As for prediction - it's possible this season only if she would add at least one more quad and land them both.. which is currently is not feasible I think - considering the gap between Trusova and her in quads handling.
On other hand in seniors it's plausible scenario considering her extremely thin build and innate musicality. She has rather good chances to go through puberty without issues and even keep her quads, and of course her PCS score rising is a given.

There are lots of hate now against her, btw - since many thinks she was overscored in FS. Particularly in GOEs department. I watched it again and checked protocols - and I am actually agree with that. At least 3Lz+3T combo shouldn't have positive GOE. It's this case when superfluous judges favoritism can hurt her reputation in the end. I would never thought there will be a time when overscoring Scherbakova will be a case :eek: :biggrin: I guess I am too used to her underscoring by local judges in Russia :rolleye:

P.S.: btw, congratulations to her with solid international season best and world record score! She just secured for herself senior GP spot next season :agree:

karina17

Final Flight
As much as I love Anna’s skating...whoever gave her a +2 for that two-foot landing on the 3Lz-3T needs to be re-evaluated (and maybe fired) immediately. The other elements were more fair, and I especially agree with that layback GOE, but that 3Lz-3T...no, she definitely shouldn’t have had positive GOE on that.

I hope this doesn’t become a pattern. I don’t want to see her being relentlessly hated on and her accomplishments dismissed just because judges are overscoring her.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
As much as I love Anna’s skating...whoever gave her a +2 for that two-foot landing on the 3Lz-3T needs to be re-evaluated (and maybe fired) immediately.
It's strange but they were Romanian and.. Canadian judges :unsure: Well, there is a possibility that they just didn't notice poor landing - we don't know what angle of view was from judges panel place.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
While I really LOVE her FS dress (it relays passion, maturity and strength which are essence of her powerful program with a quad) there are some concerns that it's not suited for quad jumps due to excess fur embellishments which can slow down rotation a bit.
I hope at least for Trusova they will design more convenient dress :pray: Some full tight bodysuit would be good for quads jumping :thumbsup:

karina17

Final Flight

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Daniil Gleikhengauz:

As for Anya's quad Lutz, we've done it here in practice several times, both solo and in combinations, but after a daily meeting with the team we decided not to take risks and not include the Lutz in the program, because it's still not consistent enough. Once we are satisfied with its consistency, it surely will be used in the program. I can't say exactly when it happens, but it's this season for sure.

I'm very glad that Shcherbakova managed to fully regain her shape after that nasty injury, to take part in an international competition and to win it right away. I estimate her shape now as 70-80 percent, there is still room for improvement and the things to work on, namely skating and spins. We need everything to be faster, sharper and more confident.

Many thanks to all our fans for their support, we always feel it.

https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20180825/1140839583.html