Ashley Wagner | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Raise you hand if you think the us fed looks even dumber now for holding Ashley down at nationals?✋🏻✋🏻 She couldn’t have done any worse! I wasn’t aware that she had a boyfriend, but I’m glad she has someone that can emphasize her situation! Ashley you were dearly missed at the Olympics!!

:thumbsup: Times 10. ✋🏻✋🏻 ✋🏻✋🏻 .....

Imagine if Ashley had skated here at the Olympics, had scored zero points on her first big FS element, then had singled a lutz in the second half. Then had gone on TV and blamed it on a rut in the ice. This board would be blowing up with ugly, hateful remarks about her. Mirai's getting nothing but praise, and of course the endless Mirai sympathy.

Chris_E

On the Ice
:thumbsup: Times 10. ✋🏻✋🏻 ✋🏻✋🏻 .....

Imagine if Ashley had skated here at the Olympics, had scored zero points on her first big FS element, then had singled a lutz in the second half. Then had gone on TV and blamed it on a rut in the ice. This board would be blowing up with ugly, hateful remarks about her. Mirai's getting nothing but praise, and of course the endless Mirai sympathy.

No need to be harsh on Mirai, I'm usually on your side but in this case I think it was Karen who benefited by Ashley being held down at Nationals.

I too wonder how Ashley would have done at this Olympics but given how the top 4 skated, I don't think she would have placed better than 6th and could have finished exactly where Mirai and Karen ended up given how Ashley was skating this season. I do think that she would have pulled herself into better shape for the O's had she made the team and a top 6 placement would have been good but not a major improvement over 2014.

I'm happy that Ashley has found new love in her life. Not shocking that it is another winter sports athlete and I wish them all the best. It has also been nice following her Olympic spectator experience and her twitter commentary.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No need to be harsh on Mirai, I'm usually on your side but in this case I think it was Karen who benefited by Ashley being held down at Nationals.

Well, what I said was, "Mirai's getting nothing but praise, and of course the endless Mirai sympathy."

I don't think that's harsh. I think it's a statement of fact.

I too wonder how Ashley would have done at this Olympics but given how the top 4 skated, I don't think she would have placed better than 6th and could have finished exactly where Mirai and Karen ended up given how Ashley was skating this season. I do think that she would have pulled herself into better shape for the O's had she made the team and a top 6 placement would have been good but not a major improvement over 2014.

We're in agreement there. Ashley has a marvelous record of keeping US ladies in the conversation.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I've been quietly hoping Ashley gets the chance to do Worlds, though after how the Olympics turned out for them it wouldn't be that surprising if Bradie, Mirai and Karen all decided to go.

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Dropping by to say that I'm sorry to see that the unscrupulous journalists provoke Alina with poorly translated and torn out of context Ashley's quotes.

NoStefaniaNo

Rinkside
Dropping by to say that I'm sorry to see that the unscrupulous journalists provoke Alina with poorly translated and torn out of context Ashley's quotes.

I agree. That was disappointing. She obviously respects Zagitova's technical abilities. It's the code she has disagreements with, not the skater.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley was on Access Hollywood live. She confirmed that she's been seeing bobsledder James Read, whom she posted on her Instagram the other day. Glad to see her happy in her personal life after some rough times.

She said that she did not meet up with Adam at all during the Olympics due to busy schedules but she's in touch with him and is not surprised by his newfound fame. Hopefully, now that they are both home, they will meet up or at least be training for SOI together.

She was there mostly to promote her partnership with Zico water and Stars On Ice. She said she was going to start training for her performances there.

Kit and Natalie kept saying what a good job she did providing her video reports for them, so I think there might be more Access Hollywood reporting for Ashley in her future.

evasorange

Final Flight
Ashley was on Access Hollywood live. She confirmed that she's been seeing bobsledder James Read, whom she posted on her Instagram the other day. Glad to see her happy in her personal life after some rough times.

She said that she did not meet up with Adam at all during the Olympics due to busy schedules but she's in touch with him and is not surprised by his newfound fame. Hopefully, now that they are both home, they will meet up or at least be training for SOI together.

She was there mostly to promote her partnership with Zico water and Stars On Ice. She said she was going to start training for her performances there.

Kit and Natalie kept saying what a good job she did providing her video reports for them, so I think there might be more Access Hollywood reporting for Ashley in her future.

I saw comments on her Instagram post of people saying why don’t you follow Adam anymore hope you guys are still friends so I got curious and checked and she really doesn’t follow him anymore!😵 I remember last week in PyeongChang on one of her stories where she was like Adam why are you ignoring me?! I hope everything is ok....she’s had such a rough year

sakurano

Final Flight
It made me strange to see the Toyota ad on my French TV at the beginning I did not even recognize it I thought it was a red actress fits him well.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw comments on her Instagram post of people saying why don’t you follow Adam anymore hope you guys are still friends so I got curious and checked and she really doesn’t follow him anymore!😵 I remember last week in PyeongChang on one of her stories where she was like Adam why are you ignoring me?! I hope everything is ok....she’s had such a rough year

Oy, the drama. I hope things are okay with Adam and Ashley.

greig

Rinkside
Oy, the drama. I hope things are okay with Adam and Ashley.

She's following him again on Instagram so looks like they may have reconciled..the drama of it all. On another note would love to see her perform at worlds.Its looking likely that Mirai is not going to be in attendance with all the media stuff she has on, so would be great to see Ashley there and see her la la land programme performed in competition again but I guess that's a long shot really.

georgia

On the Ice
I will personally like to see the three selected girls at worlds defending the third spot on the team. I am tired of the disrespect both the judges and the fans have for Ashley. They forget Ashley Carried team USA in her back for six years. As for Adam I hope he still remembers his first time at the Oscars, as his then friend’s Ashley’s companion.

withwings

On the Ice
I will personally like to see the three selected girls at worlds defending the third spot on the team. I am tired of the disrespect both the judges and the fans have for Ashley. They forget Ashley Carried team USA in her back for six years. As for Adam I hope he still remembers his first time at the Oscars, as his then friend’s Ashley’s companion.

Ashley has a golden heart.

evasorange

Final Flight
I saw on facebook Ashley did a q&a with us weekly and she was asked if she would be coming back next season...she said she wasn't sure, that she was going to take the summer to train and see how she felt. She said the way she was left off the Olympic team left a bad taste in her mouth for skating and that she needed to rediscover her love for skating and that she has been doing this for a long time and it might be time to walk through another door. Here's one fan who hopes she rediscovers her love for at least one more season!

Chris_E

On the Ice
I saw on facebook Ashley did a q&a with us weekly and she was asked if she would be coming back next season...she said she wasn't sure, that she was going to take the summer to train and see how she felt. She said the way she was left off the Olympic team left a bad taste in her mouth for skating and that she needed to rediscover her love for skating and that she has been doing this for a long time and it might be time to walk through another door. Here's one fan who hopes she rediscovers her love for at least one more season!

Here is a new article http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/ar...idence-future-expanding-access-figure-skating that also seems to hint that competitive retirement. Interesting note that she will be helping Rafael out a bit, so maybe some coaching is in her future. Whatever she decides, I wish her all the best.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley and Adam were finally reunited according to her latest IG story. She is his date to the dinner where he's being honored for his LGBT human rights work.

Glad to see the two of them together.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Raise you hand if you think the us fed looks even dumber now for holding Ashley down at nationals?✋🏻✋🏻 She couldn’t have done any worse! I wasn’t aware that she had a boyfriend, but I’m glad she has someone that can emphasize her situation! Ashley you were dearly missed at the Olympics!!

I'm sorry, but Karen and her !#@%!! boot problems. :angry2: C'mon!! This is the Olympics, don't you have all that sorted out beforehand?
I think Bradie, Mirai and Ashley would have been a great team. The USFSA is probably kicking itself about now. Ashley would have provided so much excitement and spark.
Really bad decision to leave Ashley off the team.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am tired of the disrespect both the judges and the fans have for Ashley. They forget Ashley Carried team USA in her back for six years..

Completely agree. One of the discouraging features of GS is the vicious posts about Ashley, pretty much whenever her name comes up

Let's hope and :pray: that in the next few months something will carry Ashley's love of skating and competing back to her. I want to see her passion, her emotion, and her gorgeous :love:skating on competitive ice for at least one more year. I want to see the fire she has when she competes. I just hope she'll find it, and this time do it for herself. Like Carolina Kostner did ... another woman on the ice.

On US ladies thread there was a list of who would get GP assignments, and Ashley was completely left off. That isn't right, is it? Wouldn't we expect to see her get two GP assignments this fall, as usual?

Chris_E

On the Ice
Completely agree. One of the discouraging features of GS is the vicious posts about Ashley, pretty much whenever her name comes up

Let's hope and :pray: that in the next few months something will carry Ashley's love of skating and competing back to her. I want to see her passion, her emotion, and her gorgeous :love:skating on competitive ice for at least one more year. I want to see the fire she has when she competes. I just hope she'll find it, and this time do it for herself. Like Carolina Kostner did ... another woman on the ice.

On US ladies thread there was a list of who would get GP assignments, and Ashley was completely left off. That isn't right, is it? Wouldn't we expect to see her get two GP assignments this fall, as usual?

I think that GP list was assuming Ashley was retired. I believe she still has enough ranking to get at least one grand prix if she wanted.