Ashley Wagner | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner

temadd

Final Flight
I was at nationals and as painful as it was I finally decided to watch it again on tv (as I watch all other comps). I am even more dumbfounded than before, especially after watching Mirai and Karen. I know it's not PC bring other competitors into this but I don't have to be PC like Ashley has been, so I'll say it for her. While watching Karen and Mirai I kept thinking, messy and Mirai just went thru the motions without a speck of connection to the music or audience. The scores were unbelievable. I'm sorry to say negative things about the other skaters (we have all been pretty diplomatic thus far) but it's pretty blatant and I can no longer hold my silence on the matter.

Even as the pewter medalist and not a member of the Olympic team, she had her own segment on the Today show and that great piece in Vogue! And now she's going to the Olympics anyway because they realize that she should be there (not sure who hired her, NBC?) This just shows how incredibly special our Ashley is.

OK, I've said my piece, now I'll move on . . . and leave it behind as Ashley is. So fun to see her working on a new program with Shae! Hoping we'll see it at Stars on Ice.

And I have read all your posts, including your short essay skylark! I will take your advice for watching after the fact though I am excited to see Bradie and Kaori Sakamoto.

evasorange

Final Flight
I’m still not over the foolishness and injustice of nationals but I am happy to see Ashley happy and exploring Korea! I hope I can run into her on my trip!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m still not over the foolishness and injustice of nationals but I am happy to see Ashley happy and exploring Korea! I hope I can run into her on my trip!

Oh, I hope you do too! Do keep us posted. I hope you have a chance to read the article (link ^^) and view the ad. It's gorgeous.

ETA: I'm not over the foolishness and injustice either. But viewing the ad twice helped. A lot. They plan to run it during the Olympics. :dance3::hap57::dance3:

badknees

Medalist
Ashley's commercial is FABULOUS! She is getting more press and sponsorships than anyone who is actually skating.
Wouldn't it be cool if she made it all the way to 2022!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley's commercial is FABULOUS! She is getting more press and sponsorships than anyone who is actually skating.
Wouldn't it be cool if she made it all the way to 2022!

You and I have been thinking 100% alike. :dance: And FABULOUS is the right word. It's so great. I was saying to Mr Skylark that I've never known an athlete to be featured prominently in a commercial during the Olympics, when that athlete failed to make that Oly team.
Can someone correct me if I'm wrong? maybe in some other sport besides figure skating?

But at any rate, she's Toyota's Brand Ambassador, which is awesome. And the message of their ad series is "Start Your Impossible."

I actually think Ashley might decide to continue competing, if it's not just too hard on her body. Her spirit is unstoppable. Maybe she should get with Carolina and get some tips on how to compete (and how strategically to rest or pull back temporarily) when you're 30, or approaching that age.

We're so proud of you, Ashley!:luv17:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley's making lemons out of lemonade and after the rough January she had not making the team and losing her cat, things are looking up.

I wonder as Toyota's brand ambassador, what exactly will she be doing other than instagramming her experiences in Korea?

And the commercial is impressive and beautifully shot. Hopefully it will lead to more brands wanting to partner with her!

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Just thinking how nice Ashley's LP dress would look against the purple boards. :eek:hwell:
I miss her sparkle, she would have added a lot to the games.

temadd

Final Flight
That commercial is BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL. I teared up. I am so happy that AW is at least getting her props from the media. She's a money maker.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That commercial is BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL. I teared up. I am so happy that AW is at least getting her props from the media. She's a money maker.

Yeah, it's a 10. :points:

I was thinking along similar lines as you. The fact that they signed her so quickly and are putting a spotlight on her during the Olympics says something rather unusual, in my opinion.

badknees

Medalist
Ashley's making lemons out of lemonade and after the rough January she had not making the team and losing her cat, things are looking up.

I wonder as Toyota's brand ambassador, what exactly will she be doing other than instagramming her experiences in Korea?

And the commercial is impressive and beautifully shot. Hopefully it will lead to more brands wanting to partner with her!

I agree but isn't it making lemonade out of lemons? Haha.
Something like, if you get a bag of lemons you make lemonade.

sakurano

Final Flight
I'm glad that despite not participating she is present in advertising her red dress suits her looks like an actress

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Ashley's been livetweeting reactions to the Ladies Team Event on her Twitter! I don't necessarily agree with all her commentary (she has a far higher opinion of Bradie than I do for one) but it's lovely to hear from her.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley shares the mix of emotions... and shares with us that her boyfriend is also at the Olympics as an alternate for the bobsled event. :clap: So they each know what the other is going through and can get through it together. :)

And I guess I was out of the loop .... I didn't know she had a current boyfriend. I'm very happy for them both. :rock:

https://twitter.com/AshWagner2010?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

evasorange

Final Flight
Raise you hand if you think the us fed looks even dumber now for holding Ashley down at nationals?✋🏻✋🏻 She couldn’t have done any worse! I wasn’t aware that she had a boyfriend, but I’m glad she has someone that can emphasize her situation! Ashley you were dearly missed at the Olympics!!