Bad move!!!! | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Bad move!!!!

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
Thanks for voicing that. I would have never thought the arch was too much, but I 'spose that is why I "doubted" it, not said "no one could" disagree. Maybe others feel the same way??? Maybe an example of how arched you think it should be and how much it needs to be to be considered an Ina Bauer would be nice to share.

I think Shizuka's arch is too much as well. Here is a good pic (IMO) of an Ina Bauer. I can take a little more arch, but not much.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/felicia__nicole/USnats2003Kwan4E.jpg

antmanb

Record Breaker
This is something that makes me think Freudian. But again JMO. "Potty talk" as I have heard it called before.:agree: I just see a display of balance, control and use of the forward outside edge in a curve - preferable with no wobble. But JMO.
I see there are different views, that is OK with me to hear one take, so I figure it should be OK to hear a different POV. Maybe not?

Differing points of view are what make the boards go round!

The only definite conclustion is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who was that young novice or junior skater who had an article written about her a year or so ago that had really flexi moves that had been named after her? I can't remember her name but the article had two pictures in it and while they looked almost unbelievebale that she got herself into the positions, they were far from aesthetically pleasing (IMO!).

Ant

Geesesk8

On the Ice
The Fan Spiral, of course, and any attempt at the "Biellmann." I didn't like the "Biellmann" when Denise did it!

Very, very interesting thread.

Last edited: