Best hair style | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Best hair style

Best hair style

• Total voters

diver chick

On the Ice
As much as I loved Marina A's hair on television, she actually has terrible hair, very overstyled, over dyed, dry and brittle. She really needs to cut it off and start again.

Best hair in my opinion would have to go to Elina Kettunen. I can't find a picture but in 2001, when she was skating to Les Mis in the lavender costume, she had her hair up in a french roll type of style and had a lovely sparkly decoration that matched her costume. It was so simple and elegant.

kosjenka

On the Ice
I looooove Marina Anissina s hair! And Gwendal s too!
They look great together!
And I know it is on TV only! Because her color is just not suitable for regular life.
But it looks super on TV and it is effective in this sport

I like Maria B hair adn Irina Slutskaya s .

Tatiana Totmianina has nice hair too.
She looks great with short brown and blonde stile. And now with pony tail!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Nuica said:
I looooove Marina Anissina s hair! And Gwendal s too!
They look great together!
And I know it is on TV only! Because her color is just not suitable for regular life.
But it looks super on TV and it is effective in this sport

How good they look together on TV depends on your reception. I saw them a few times when the reception wasn't that great and had a really hard time trying to tell which one was which!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gezando

Final Flight
ice skaters have ugly hair

I don't think skaters have ugly hair. I think some skaters have ugly feet judging from a most recent photo

Last edited:
Takura, that means the post was an advertisement for a commercial web site having nothing to do with skating. In other words, it was spam.

Announcements related to figure skating my be posted in the Announcements folder.

MM

takura

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Takura, that means the post was an advertisement for a commercial web site having nothing to do with skating. In other words, it was spam.

Announcements related to figure skating my be posted in the Announcements folder.

MM
Ok.

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
I loved Jenny Kirk's elaborate do at 2003 nationals- it was soooo Valley of the Dolls :biggrin: , and perfect for her short program. Also, her hair looked great for her Chicago number last year.

I can't stand ponytails- too little girlish. Besides, if you're wearing a dress that costs thousands, you ought to do more than a ponytail.

Sarah was brilliant when she first cut her hair. later it seemed to get too shaggy.

I also thought MK looked great doing the exhibition "Fields of Gold" after 2002. Her hair was long and down, very simple, just pulled out of her face.

Johnny Weir's hair was terrific at 2003 nationals- hasn't looked as good since, but I like the wild look to it.

IDLERACER

Medalist
I'd just like to point out that how female skaters wear their hair on the ice, and how they wear it off the ice, are two completely different topics. On the ice, Jenny Kirk's bulbous bouffantes always make her look like she's got a loaf of french bread growing out of her noggin. However, when she gets off the ice and lets her hair down (like in THIS picture with Michael Weiss), she suddenly turns into a model. :cool:

nicole_l

Final Flight
idleracer , that's a gorgeous picture of Jenny Kirk and Michael Weiss. I'm in love with it.

jesslily

Final Flight
That's a great picture. It looks like a quick shot but I'm sure the makeup crew did a lot work on it. Jenny Kirk could look a lot better on ice if she keeps a simple elegant hair style. Unfortunately when she was with Callahan, her hairdo most time was too decorative when she competed.

Jenny and Michael are models, for Capezio dance wear. Here's a bare chested Michael.

And here is Jenny with pretty hair. (Scroll down and click on Jenny's pictures).

Mathman

ceg15

On the Ice
I voted Michelle- i don't really care about the hair or take notice that often. It's more the dresses I take note of than the hair-haha! I like Jeff's Hair!!! ;)

Jhar55

Medalist
I voted for Michelle, I like the clean and well groomed look myself. Jenny does have beatiful hair but uses way too much product that makes it look plastic. IMO some of the men should so something with their hair. I can't the dirty haven't washed my hair in days look, or the wild and shaggy look. Sorry but I just think they look better with a nice clean hair cut. :agree:

Weiry

Rinkside
As someone who has went through growing my hair one length a few times, it's not as easy as just hair spraying the pieces down that aren't long enough yet to tie back with the rest of the hair, just doesn't cut it. I don't see what is so wrong with the clips? Talk about picky... jeesh. Does it effect thier skating? :laugh:

Shinn

Spectator
I don't like any choices.

my favorite hairstyles are 1 of the following:

1. really short a. la. Irina S. or Sara Hughes in her olympic days. It's both rebellious and beautiful at the same time. And if you have a heart shaped smile (like Irina S.) it really fits.

2. Wild and crazy like Tanith Belbin's. All I have to say is hawtness.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
I've always liked AP's hair styles. Sometimes she would do the classic bun and sometimes she would do it with french braids, which I thought was nice and different. She also looks good when she wears it in a ponytail.

Worst hair goes to Plushenko and Weir, along with numerous ice dancers.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Weiry said:
As someone who has went through growing my hair one length a few times, it's not as easy as just hair spraying the pieces down that aren't long enough yet to tie back with the rest of the hair, just doesn't cut it. I don't see what is so wrong with the clips? Talk about picky... jeesh. Does it effect thier skating? :laugh:

The point is this is their job so to speak and they know how they should wear their hair when competing or performing so why not either get it cut in a style that doesn't need to be put up or grow it long enough so the clippies won't be needed? IMO they are destracting and ugly. It seems odd that someone would pay all of that money for a nice costume and then put cheap little clippies in their hair. Why not use a nice jeweled comb or something that matches the degree of dressiness of the costume?