Best Triple Axel (Men) by Olympic Cycle | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Best Triple Axel (Men) by Olympic Cycle

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I'm partial to Hanyu's 3As because it's one of his most consistent jumps and they have great quality (his landings are very smooth). Also, I really like his entries into the 3A.

Spread eagle to 3A

Difficult entry in PW (I have no idea what you call this entry...^^;)

Honourable mention: Han Yan. The height and distance of his 3A is just insane. :eek:

CBC called it a one foot entrance off a backcounter turn which is quite a mouthful haha

Meoima

Match Penalty
Now that when I look back at Kulik's programs and costumes, I realize Yagudin was the continuation of Tat's trial of choreography and costumes for Kulik. :p and look at the packaging she has for Kovtun recently, I can see that her sense of fashion hasn't changed much. So curious for Gachinski's costumes this year. ;)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Now that when I look back at Kulik's programs and costumes, I realize Yagudin was the continuation of Tat's trial of choreography and costumes for Kulik. :p and look at the packaging she has for Kovtun recently, I can see that her sense of fashion hasn't changed much. So curious for Gachinski's costumes this year. ;)

Right now I'm in the "for the love of Plushenchrist, anything but black!" phase. I may reconsider depending on what he shows up in. ;)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Right now I'm in the "for the love of Plushenchrist, anything but black!" phase. I may reconsider depending on what he shows up in. ;)
But for sure I know Gachinski will look better than Kovtun and Yagudin, if Tat give him the suitable costumes. :biggrin:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
As long as TAT doesn't decide to make a zoo collection...:slink: (Seriously, could someone explain the giraffe to me? Is Rhapsody in Blue actually about giraffes? Yagudin had his share of overly literal outfits, but they were at least related to his music).

ayarose

On the Ice
I would also vote for Oda for the 06-10 quad. Oda's knee-bend, the flow, how he holds his posture after landing to "sell the jump", sooo good. Jin-seo Kim's deep knee-bend at this year's world reminded me a bit of Oda, actually.

Oh look, a compilation of Oda's 3A.

I really love Nobu's knee - bend, like his t-shirt said he has the agility of a cat.

makaihime

Final Flight
I like this one from him. :yes: It has height, distance, difficulty, elegance, and looks very soft on the landing.

I also concur with those who mentioned Oda :love:

Globetrotter

Medalist
Best 3A and jump god = Ilia Kulik. Those effortless looking jumps and butter like landings. Goodness. I doubt we ever will see that again. Pity though about his costumes.

2002-2006 = Plushenko; makes it look easy
2006 to 2010 = Johnny Weir; insane height and distance, good flowout
2010 to 2014 = Hanyu - no competition; the 3A is certainly his $$ jump

yhmafan

Medalist
a little fun fact that as for Hanyu’s 3A, he mentioned before he learned it from Mao’s 3A.

Mao is certainly a good example for him :):bow:

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Here is a compilation of Hanyu's 3As. Beginning with his famous 3A from a standstill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msl-POwFB78

Wow...incredible! I don't think anyone really can touch that although Han has had some good ones. As for the past, I've been to several Nationals, two GP events and one World Championship where Johnny skated. His 3A (especially done right in front of me at practice :bow:) was simply breathtaking.