Blocked videos by FujiTV | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Blocked videos by FujiTV

berry8

Final Flight
Something like that has never happened before....
AlMost all tv1dance videos are down :(

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YouTube may indeed be the problem but I don't see how it's a fair use issue. This is a case where the rights of one copyright holder in their broadcast, Fujitv, are being extended to block access to the copyrighted works (broadcasts by other networks) of others. Effectively they're taking away the rights if CBC, NBC, etc. over their own content. Unless there's something we don't know - for example, perhaps Fujitv is providing the live feed used by CBC, NBC, etc. - that's pretty outrageous.

YouTube is still the problem. They don't have to agree to take down the videos on an alleged copyright holder's say-so. The complaints should be directed to them.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
YouTube is still the problem. They don't have to agree to take down the videos on an alleged copyright holder's say-so. The complaints should be directed to them.

My understanding is that it's the way YouTube's content blocker works that's the problem. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have a mechanism for the average viewer (as opposed to an uploader) to complain. I did provide contact information for their legal department in an earlier post, so you and anyone else who believe that's the best route to take can contact them to complain.

reneerose

Final Flight
It is interesting and complicated. For example the new CBC videos (FS Chan and Hanyu, FD Virtue/Moir, FS Osmond and Daleman) are not geo-blocked in Germany. The first CBC video (Yuzuru Hanyu practises at 2017 World Figure Skating Championships) is in Germany not available.
I thought I read somewhere today that the CBC actually allowed free viewings of the newer videos because they were record breaking skates? Maybe the CBC made some exceptions this weekend, because I was able to watch those same vids too from the CBC and they are usually geoblocked for me.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
the great majority of Tv1dance videos are restored :yahoo:

Most of the channels that I follow have unblocked Worlds videos now. Seemed to only effect Men's and Ladies (since Pairs and Dance don't have top competitors). I guess they just have a temporary block on the videos until they are aired on TV in Japan?

At least the videos don't stay blocked forever.

I'm assuming the same thing will happen with WTT?