Boyang Jin | Page 74 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Why would he have trouble getting a Visa? Chinese Fed please do something

Zagitova had a “visa issue” that kept her out of the Ondrej Nepela Trophy, if I recall correctly, which is why she competed at Nebelhorn... it may be the same issue with Boyang or a legit issue. (Heck, maybe even Zagitova had a real visa problem, but I seriously doubt it.)

Tutto

Record Breaker
Zagitova had a “visa issue” that kept her out of the Ondrej Nepela Trophy, if I recall correctly, which is why she competed at Nebelhorn... it may be the same issue with Boyang or a legit issue. (Heck, maybe even Zagitova had a real visa problem, but I seriously doubt it.)

It was not a visa IIRC but her parents permission to leave the country was not on correct form or something

Metis

Record Breaker
It was not a visa IIRC but her parents permission to leave the country was not on correct form or something

Ah, that makes far more sense.

And Boyang got his issues resolved, so all’s well that ends well for everyone!

Nachi

On the Ice
So he is finally in France? It made me really nervous when I heard about his problems.

Metis

Record Breaker
He skipped practice in Helsinki (and at the Olympics), so I wouldn’t read too much into it, especially since he (presumably) arrived late.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
He skipped practice in Helsinki (and at the Olympics), so I wouldn’t read too much into it, especially since he (presumably) arrived late.

Somebody on FSU who is at the competition has reported that Boyang has, indeed, arrived - he saw him. Boyang missed the SP draw, so Jason drew for him. Boyang is skating last (which is kind of funny bc Jason himself often gets stuck skating last, and in fact, he didn’t do much better this time, since he’s skating tenth, right before Boyang).

Rest up for 4CCs! I hope landing the 4Lz at least was a confidence boost for next time a little, but he seemed tentative and slow honestly (perhaps understandably). A mixture of nerves and not-great conditioning, and probably popped jumps to avoid falling and hurting himself while tired. It's fine though, he tried, and there's the two other major events remaining.