Boyang Jin | Page 75 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin

icybear

Medalist
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/v...ang-empathises-with-yuzuru-hanyu-over-injury/

He's still recovering... I hope he can focus more on recovery in the break he now has.

Olympic channel interviews Boyang but only to get his reaction on Hanyu injury.:eek:hwell:. Like jeez can they not stop acting like he is the only topic in figure skating and actually give an insight into the skater they're interviewing. Also see them doing the same thing to Javi. Very disrespectful like these skaters are athletes themselves too not spectators to Hanyu actions.

CuhyShoma

Rinkside
Olympic channel interviews Boyang but only to get his reaction on Hanyu injury.:eek:hwell:. Like jeez can they not stop acting like he is the only topic in figure skating and actually give an insight into the skater they're interviewing. Also see them doing the same thing to Javi. Very disrespectful like these skaters are athletes themselves too not spectators to Hanyu actions.
I agree, it is totally disrespectful for the athletes who give all of themselves in the competitions to have to answer questions about another skater, is Hanyu the only skater? I hope that Boyang is well, he is a wonderful skater.

MajaHled

Rinkside
Yeah, it's kind of upsetting that he largely gets ignored by international media, and then when they finally do an interview with him of sorts, it goes like "...yeah anyway, about Hanyu". I get that they're trying to get the clicks and the views by having Yuzuru in pretty much everything, but it's not very respectful to the skaters they involve (and I'm just guessing here, but I don't think Yuzuru himself would appreciate this).

Anyway, I hope the old injury gets better soon and he gets back into form, I can't wait to see both of his programs skated clean.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Yeah, it's kind of upsetting that he largely gets ignored by international media, and then when they finally do an interview with him of sorts, it goes like "...yeah anyway, about Hanyu". I get that they're trying to get the clicks and the views by having Yuzuru in pretty much everything, but it's not very respectful to the skaters they involve (and I'm just guessing here, but I don't think Yuzuru himself would appreciate this).
Co-sign. I get tired of how Boyang is written out of the tech race — Nathan was obviously a part of it, in terms of driving other top men toward more quads, but Boyang was the one who actually started that fire and really showed the world that a stable 4Lz is achievable.

I really hope Boyang is able to bounce back later in the season. Onward and upward! Healthier and happier! Jin it to win it, even!

MajaHled

Rinkside
Co-sign. I get tired of how Boyang is written out of the tech race — Nathan was obviously a part of it, in terms of driving other top men toward more quads, but Boyang was the one who actually started that fire and really showed the world that a stable 4Lz is achievable.

I really hope Boyang is able to bounce back later in the season. Onward and upward! Healthier and happier! Jin it to win it, even!

Haha, I'm gonna use that from now on XD

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

It's especially annoying since Yuzuru often and deliberately mentions Boyang and his part in the quad revolution, and pretty much lights up when anyone asks him about Javi and lets him talk about his contribution. You would think they would take the message that he wants to push, that these two are interesting in their own right...

rachno2

Record Breaker
Well, we got our wish for a more comprehensive, Boyang-focused interview.
https://skatingchina.com/2018/11/boyang-jin-i-want-to-start-it-all-over-again-english/

The passport situation sounds like a nightmare. He admits to having a general lack of confidence competing, and also that the criticism regarding the Orser non-move gets to him (how I wish people would stop that!) My heart breaks for him when he describes the immense pressure he's under :(

On the bright side, he seems to genuinely enjoy his programs this season, and he said, "I love my career. I would not be Boyang if I were not skating" :luv17:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Well, we got our wish for a more comprehensive, Boyang-focused interview.
https://skatingchina.com/2018/11/boyang-jin-i-want-to-start-it-all-over-again-english/

The passport situation sounds like a nightmare. He admits to having a general lack of confidence competing, and also that the criticism regarding the Orser non-move gets to him (how I wish people would stop that!) My heart breaks for him when he describes the immense pressure he's under :(

On the bright side, he seems to genuinely enjoy his programs this season, and he said, "I love my career. I would not be Boyang if I were not skating" :luv17:

What a great article - thank you for posting it! I’m sorry to hear he’s been struggling with confidence issues and hope that gets better - I really enjoy watching him skate. Have you posted this in the main forum? I bet a lot of people would be really interested to read it.

rachno2

Record Breaker
What a great article - thank you for posting it! I’m sorry to hear he’s been struggling with confidence issues and hope that gets better - I really enjoy watching him skate. Have you posted this in the main forum? I bet a lot of people would be really interested to read it.

I have not....do you think it's suited for that? I guess it could touch off a conversation about tech in the men's vs. ladies field and the problems with stamina that everybody is dealing with. If somebody wants to post it, they can :)

icybear

Medalist
Turning down to go to Orser must have been a huge pressure on him esp everyone wanted him to go. Hope he will prove them wrong and show that he can still win with his own coaches. Also not only that but during the time the Orser move was announced there were a lot of Yuzuru fans on weibo writing hateful things about him even on his comments because they feared he would threaten Hanyu position at the top. I'm sure he must have read some of those too.:(

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Feel bad for all the criticism he has gotten and the pressure he is feeling.

‘My mom said I'd become another person since my return from Canada.’ :(

rachno2

Record Breaker
Feel bad for all the criticism he has gotten and the pressure he is feeling.

My mom said I'd become another person since my return from Canada.’ :(

That part scared me :cry: The pressure to make such a big decision (and risk disappointing a lot of people) must have been emotionally exhausting.

Also, does the Chinese Fed encourage sports psychologists? Boyang seemed to not want to entertain that possibility, or maybe he would rather not talk about it publicly. It's understandable, given the scrutiny he's under.

Just want Boyang and Mikhail back to their cheerful usual selves.....

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Also, does the Chinese Fed encourage sports psychologists? Boyang seemed to not want to entertain that possibility, or maybe he would rather not talk about it publicly. It's understandable, given the scrutiny he'/ under.

China in general is not big on mental health issues. In the article he also said he doesn't feel like talking to people (not even his mom), lacks energy, and keeps everything to himself these days. I do feel he needs some professional help here.

s_parks

Record Breaker
China in general is not big on mental health issues. In the article he also said he doesn't feel like talking to people (not even his mom), lacks energy, and keeps everything to himself these days. I do feel he needs some professional help here.

That's the thing that worries me. Asia overall seems to put mental health on the backburner, or even ignore it. I hope he can open up to someone.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I have not....do you think it's suited for that? I guess it could touch off a conversation about tech in the men's vs. ladies field and the problems with stamina that everybody is dealing with. If somebody wants to post it, they can :)

I do think it’s appropriate and I’ll post I t, if you’d like. A lot of people post interviews and news about skaters on the main forum.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Some of his answers really got me concerned. I really hope he will get the help that he needs, or, if not, I hope he’ll be able to overcome it all somehow. I love the smiley Boyang 😢

———————

Also not only that but during the time the Orser move was announced there were a lot of Yuzuru fans on weibo writing hateful things about him even on his comments because they feared he would threaten Hanyu position at the top. I'm sure he must have read some of those too.:(
Oh no :( this is news to me. All the Yuzu fans I came across were looking forward to having Boyang as a new training mate for Yuzu since Javi wont be around anymore. Wasn’t aware this was happening at all... I totally thought the response was generally positive.
———

Just want Boyang and Mikhail back to their cheerful usual selves.....

Someone please give them both big hugs..