Brendan Kerry | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Brendan Kerry

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
He went on with the performance fine thankfully, could have been worse, he could have split his pants lol :shocked:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Someone is home and back on his home ice!

...while members of the Australian public skate obliviously by in the background :palmf:

Oh...my...God

That's the rink I go to! I so should have gone skating today! I did think about doing it but then I got lazy.

Although I probably would have recognised him and shrieked like an idiot so it was probably for the best. :drama:

But yes! On Thursday the yearly show is on - which I'm going to with my mother - I'm super looking forward to it! They refurbished the rink since so it's looking nice there now.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am so so so so so jealous of you anonymoose_au! I hope there will be many reports forthcoming? ;)

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am so so so so so jealous of you anonymoose_au! I hope there will be many reports forthcoming? ;)

I will! I did take some video last year, but I'm absolutely terrible at holding my phone steady so people were like "You're making me motion sick!" when they viewed it :laugh:

Maybe I can get my mother to record it, she has a much steadier hand, although last time she recorded something on my phone she did it upside down and it took me forever to get it right way up again.

But I will let you know my writing impressions for sure!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Really nice article on Brendan! And very kind words from him for Tammy. I was trying to remember who else trains with Tammy -- Karen Chen, Vincent, others?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^^Really nice article on Brendan! And very kind words from him for Tammy. I was trying to remember who else trains with Tammy -- Karen Chen, Vincent, others?
Leah Keiser, Hannah Miller, Ricky Dornbush, etc

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Thx. I just looked it up online a few minutes ago. She's been a busy lady!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brendan also has great quotes in this awesome write-up of the OWI show in Melbourne by Brooklee!

Though he recorded three new personal bests at the 2017 World Championships, Kerry was not completely satisfied with his performances. “I was a bit disappointed because I felt as if I had too much focus on solidifying a quota spot for the Olympics and held back a bit in my performances — just doing safe skates. I felt like I really could have done more,” Kerry explained.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^I was so happy that he was so happy! :biggrin: especially after the SP. And the Olympic spot is so important. Wonder which Grand Prix assignment(s) he'll have.

GF2445

Record Breaker
^^^I was so happy that he was so happy! :biggrin: especially after the SP. And the Olympic spot is so important. Wonder which Grand Prix assignment(s) he'll have.

He will surely will be given 2 assignments.
The last couple of seasons, he originally give one and then given a second one later.
I am also hoping to see stronger grand prix results.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Lookin' good. Would suggest a "Guess the Music" contest except??? No, bad idea! Guess the GP assignments might be easier.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OWI Australia posted a snippet of Brendan's new SP on Twitter.

What is this music? I can't decide if it's background music or if it's actually his. He seems to be moving to it, so I think it's his, but I don't recognise it at all.

That music sounds really familiar to me, but I have no idea what it could be (also I have a tin ear, so is probable I've never actually heard it before I just think I have.) I love the spin in it!

Oh and I did get around to uploading Brendan, Richard and Michael Pasfield's backflips that I saw at the ice show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDqyzvARGFk

I did film his exhibition performance, but Youtube is being a butt and I when I tried to upload it it took 2 hours to get to 5%. Hopefully I'll get around to it eventually. Still the backflip is awesoooome!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes!!!! A pirate ship will be pulling into Canada! :hap57: I really, really hope to be able to go!!!! Was hoping for a second spot for Brendan too but don't see one. Darn.