Camille Kovalev & Pavel Kovalev | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Camille Kovalev & Pavel Kovalev

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a few days after winning the Master's De Patinage, Camille and Pavel are back in action already at the Finlandia Trophy in Espoo.

The Senior Pairs SP is due to start at 13:00:00 EEST (10:00:00 GMT / 11:00:00 BST / 12:00:00 CEST / 13:00:00 MSK). So 5 hours from now.

Camille and Pavel will be the 2nd partnership to start. So, second and middle partnership in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 13:00:00 EEST (10:00:00 GMT / 11:00:00 BST / 12:00:00 CEST / 13:00:00 MSK). So 5 hours from now

Camille and Pavel are due to start at 13:14.00 EEST (10:14.00 GMT / 11:14.00 BST / 12:14.00 CEST / 13:14.00 MSK). So 5h 14m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before them withdraws.

More information in the event sub-forum:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/970

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Finlandia Trophy Senior Pairs SP: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xggyhcwQSFo

Camille and Pavel finished 5th out of 10 in the SP, with a score of 55.83.

Unfortunately, I was not able to watch LIVE. However, I just watched the video, and I have to say, I thought the comments in teh competition thread from those that were watching LIVE were rather harsh.

Firstly, although I don't like techno music, I do like Middle Eastern music. And on the whole, it doesn't lose the Middle Eastern feel enough to tip the balance for me not to like it. That said, I would ditch the voiceover.

Secondly, although they are a bit out there, the costumes fit the theme. I admit, I like Camille's costume. The jury's out on Pavel's, though. Although I can see what is being aimed for, it hasn't quite hit the target for me.

Thirdly, yes there were mistakes, but at least the scores are improving with each outing:

• At the Autumn Classic last month, they scored 47.87.
  • At the Master's de Patinage last week, they scored 50.53.
  • At the Finlandia Trophy today, they scored 55.83.

And that is because the mistakes are getting fewer. There were only two elements that had minuses in the Protocols this time, and they were the ones that we expect to happen because they happen every time (issues on the opening Triple Twist; and Camille falling on something later on). Neither of them made any additional mistakes this time.

To be honest, I didn't see anything wrong with the Triple Twist. Nevetheless, the Judges gave it three -2's; two -1's; and two +1's. They also got GOE of -0.54.

For me, it was the second element, the Throw Triple Flip, that should have been dinged. Camille barely more than held her balance when she landed. And yet, there was not a minus in sight. The Judges gave five 0's; and two +1's. And the GOE was +0.11.

There was no question, though, over the third element, the Triple Toe. Camille fell on landing. Unsurprisingly, this led to -5's from all the Judges. It also had the biggest GOE hit of the programme at -2.10, which resutled in this becoming the lowst scoring element of the programme.

After that, though, there was not another minus in sight on the Protocols. In fact, nearly all of the Judges scores for the remaining four elements were +2's. The next two elements, the Forward Inside Death Spiral and the Group 3 Lift, even got a +3 each. The Lift I just mentioned also got the highest GOE of the programme, at +0.94, which made it the highest scoring element of the programme.

That said, they finished with a Change Foot Combination Spin into their closing pose. And Camille had to put her hand down at the very end of the spin, and as a result they lost synchonisation getting into the closing pose. So, I think that is why the Judges gave it four +1's; and three +2's. But, the GOE was the third highest of the programme.

So, all in all, I thought they did well.

Camille and Pavel are currently 2.90 points behind 4th position, Brooke McINTOSH / Benjamin MIMAR (CAN), and 3.03 points ahead of 6th position, Milania VÄÄNÄNEN / Filippo CLERICI (FIN). 0.83 points behind Väänänen / Clerici in 7th position are Océane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALIN (FRA), who are 3.86 points behind Camille and Pavel.

To be honest, with the way that the gaps are in the Pairs field, I don't think there will be much chance of movement for Camille and Pavel in the Free. They might move up one position, or potentially drop two positions. But, barring disasters from other partnerships, I think they are most likely to stay where they are.

But, they should still aim to put in a good Free Skate anyway, because ice is slippery and unexpected mistakes can happen.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

The Senior Pairs FS is due to start at 13.35.00 EEST (10:35:00 GMT / 11:35:00 BST / 12.35.00 CEST / 13:35:00 MSK). So 5 hours from now.

Camille and Pavel will be the 6th partnership to start. So, third and last partnership in Group 2 (and last partnership before the resurfacing).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 14.06.00 EEST (11.06.00 GMT / 12.06.00 BST / 13.06.00 CEST / 14.06.00 MSK). So 5h 31m from now.

Camille and Pavel are due to start at 14.29.10 EEST (11.29.10 GMT / 12.29.10 BST / 13.29.10 CEST / 14.29.10 MSK). So 5h 54m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/970

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Finlandia Trophy Senior Pairs FS: Results; Protocols
Finlandia Trophy Senior Pairs: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON8sXDiMbKE

Camille and Pavel finished 5th out of 10 in the FS, with a score of 102.31. This meant that they remained in 5th position overall, with a score of 158.14.

Unfortunately, I was not able to watch LIVE. However, some of the members that were watching did post about Camille and Pavel in the competition thread. Here are a selection, starting with one that I disagree with:

Camille lost the leg holster! OMG, I love it when skaters listen to us—the real experts when it comes to costuming :)

She should have kept it.

Now a comment from my Australian friend, who didn't disappoint in her role of the Queen of puns:

Camille looks so classy!

Eek bit of a wobble there! This is no time to die!

And here is a more detailed comment about the programme from another member:

They went with lower tech on the sbs and some issues here and there but better today than in Canada.
These are the best costumes ive seen them use ever.

I have just watched the video that was very kindly uploaded to YouTube. And although the resolution was low, I have to say, I couldn't see any issues apart from the fall.

Looking at the Protocols actually backs up my assessment. There was the odd minus here and there, but most of the Judges scores were in the 0 to +2 range. And even watching again with the Protocols, I still can't work out why most of the minuses were there.

The opening element was the Triple Twist. And, like the one they did at the start of the SP, it looked perfectly good to me. It got Judges marks of three -1's; 0 from Judge 5; +1 from Judge 3; and +2 from Judge 6. It also got the third biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -0.22. And I have no idea why!

This is becoming a running theme. The Judges and Technical panel seeing things wrong with their Triple Twists that I don't see. Is it my lack of technical knowledge that is the problem?!

The third element was a Double Toe-Double Toe-Single Axel done in sequence. With this, I suspect that it was Camille's landing on the first Double Toe that produced the minuses. But, it was barely noticeable. Put it like this: I've seen her have much worse landings! It got -2 from three Judges; -1 from Judge 5; and 0 from three Judges. It also got GOE of -0.13.

The next element was the Axel Lasso Lift. It was really good! Two Judges gave it +1; while the other five Judges gave it +2. It also got the highest GOE of the programme at +1.26 and, because it already had the highest Base Value, it was the highest scoring element of the programme.

The fifth element was the Backwards Outside Death Spiral, which looked beautiful. It got similar Judges marks to the previous element, with Judge 1 giving 0; Judge 2 giving +1; and the remaining five Judges giving +2. It also got the second highest GOE of the programme at +0.86.

The sixth element was the Pairs Combination Spin. And they looked so comfortable doing it. You almost felt that you were intruding by watching them. It got the best Judges marks of the programme, with Judge 4 giving it +1, and the other six Judges giving it +2. It also got the third highest GOE at +0.68.

The eighth element was the Reverse Lasso Lift. And I have to be honest, when I first saw it, I thought it looked a bit messy when Camille went from being held up vertically to being held up horizontally. But when I watched it the second time, I wasn't so sure if it was a mistake or if it was meant to be like that. Well, looking at the Protocols, I suppose it was seen as a mistake. The Judges gave it three -1's; and four 0's. And it got the second biggest GOE hit of the programme at -0.26. That said, because it had the second highest Base Value, it was still the second highest scoring element of the programme!

Then came the big problem, the Throw Triple Salchow. To be fair, Camille did actually land it. But then she slipped. And as a result, it was -5 from all the Judges; and the biggest GOE hit I have seen for a long time, at -2.20. It didn't quite make it the lowest scoring element of the programme, but it was the second lowest scoring.

I have to be honest with you, the final two elements blended into each other so well that I couldn't tell when the Group 3 Lift ended and where the Choreographic Sequence started. Camille was being held up in the air for the whole time! It certainly looked impressive to me. The Lift got 0 from Judge 6; +1 from four Judges and +2 from two Judges. It also got the fourth highest GOE at +0.61. The Choreo Sequence got -1 from Judge 7; 0 from three Judges; +1 from two Judges; and +2 from Judge 3. It got GOE of +0.20.

As well as the 1 point deduction for the fall, they also had a 1 point deduction for a time violation. I don't know what it was for, but I suspect that one of the lifts might have gone on for too long. Might it have been for Pavel not setting Camille down for the Choreo Sequence? I don't know.

They had to wait a very long time for their scores. So, I take it there were a lot of things being reviewed.

Camille and Pavel finished the Free Skate 5.42 points behind 4th position, Maria PAVLOVA / Alexei SVIATCHENKO (HUN), and 3.54 points ahead of 6th position, Brooke McINTOSH / Benjamin MIMAR (CAN). 1.87 points behind McIntosh / Mimar in 7th position are Océane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALIN (FRA), who are 5.41 points behind Camille and Pavel.

Overall, Camille and Pavel were 5.93 points behind 4th position, Milania VÄÄNÄNEN / Filippo CLERICI (FIN), and 0.64 points ahead of 6th position, McIntosh / Mimar. Behind McIntosh / Mimar is a large gap of 8.63 points to Piegad / Strekalin in 7th position, who are 9.27 points behind Camille and Pavel.

Unfortunately, they were not able to replicate the comeback they did at the Master's De Patinage a week earlier. Nevertheless, fall aside, it was a good skate. And they achieved a higher score than they did in their last international competition, the Autumn Classic. So things are heading in the roght direction with the international Judges and Technical Panel.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Camille and Pavel kick off their Senior GP campaign today in the Trophée De France in Angers.

The Senior Pairs SP is due to start at 18:45:00 CET (17:45:00 GMT / 20:45:00 MSK). So 11 hours from now.

Camille and Pavel will be the 7th partnership to start. So, third and penultimate partnership in Group 2 (and penultimate partnership in the segment).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:17:25 CET (18:17:25 GMT / 21:17:25 MSK). So11h 32m from now

Camille and Pavel are due to start at 19:37:30 CET (18:37:30 GMT / 21:37:30 MSK). So 11h 52m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/959

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Trophée De France Pairs SP: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chDBhst5zYg

Camille and Pavel finished 3rd out of 8 in the SP, with a score of 59.04.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch LIVE. However, I have now watched Camille and Pavel's programme on the archived livestream. So here is a comment along the lines of what I would have written if I had been watching LIVE:

First two elements both went great! As did the elements that followed.

Possible aborted lift in the middle of the programme, but it might just be part of the choreography.

Got way out of sync in the combination spin towards the end.

Pavel fell at the very end, but it might be part of the choeography. It is hard to tell nowadays.

Honestly, if not the best I've ever seen them skate, it is definitely the best I have seen them skate in a very long time.

Judging by how disappointed Pavel looked for the whole time he was on camera after they finished, I think it was a proper fall.

Yep, there's a 1 point deduction for a fall.

Into 2nd, with a new ISU Season's Best score.

:cheer: WELL DONE CAMILLE AND PAVEL!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the Protocols, the opening element, the Triple Twist, had a lack of positive numbers beside it. And I honestly don't know why, because it looked brilliant to me! The Judges gave it two -2's; two -1's; three 0's; and two +1's. It was also one of only two elements that got negative GOE, at -0.23.

That aborted lift that I thought I saw must have just been part of the choreography, because there is not a single minus number beside the next four elements.

For the penultimate element, the Step Sequence, only two Judges gave minus marks. Judge 6 gave -2; Judge 9 gave -1; four Judges gave 0; Judge 7 gave +1; and two Judges gave +2. That said, it got the lowest positive GOE of the programme, at +0.11.

The final element, the Change Foot Combination Spin, was the big issue. Pavel was called for a fall. That said, it wasn't all -5's from the Judges. Judge 1 and Judge 8 gave -4. Unsurprisingly, it got the biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -1.46. And because it already had the lowest Base Value, it was the lowest scoring element of the programme.

Camille and Pavel are currently 6.27 points behind 2nd position, Sara CONTI / Niccolò MACII (ITA), and 0.58 points ahead of 4th position, Valentina PLAZAS / Maximiliano FERNANDEZ (USA). 3.71 points behind Plazas / Fernandez in 5th position are Ellie KAM / Danny O'SHEA (USA), who are 4.29 points behind Camille and Pavel.

After the SP, it is looking like it is a straight shoot-out between Camille / Pavel and Valentina / Maximiliano for third and fourth positions.

So, let's hope they perform their Free Skate just as well as they performed their Short Programme, but this time without a silly fall.

The Senior Pairs SP is due to start at 19:10:00 CET (18:10:00 GMT / 21:10:00 MSK). So 12 hours from now.

Camille and Pavel will be the 6th partnership to start. So, secondd and antepenultimate partnership in Group 2 (and antepenultimate partnership in the segment).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:48:25 CET (18:48:25 GMT / 21:48:25 MSK). So 12h 38m from now

Camille and Pavel are due to start at 20:03:50 CET (19:03:50 GMT / 22:03:50 MSK). So 12h 53m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/959

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Trophée De France Senior Pairs FS: Results; Protocols
Trophée De France Senior Pairs: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP7rSO_W16s

Camille and Pavel finished 3rd out of 7 in the FS, with a score of 113.84. This meant that they remained in 3rd position overall, with a score of 172.88.

Unfortunately, I was not able to watch LIVE. However, some of the members that were watching did post about Camille and Pavel in the competition thread. Here are a selection, starting with some comments of support:

Beautiful dress for Kamila.:pray:please, go strong, Kovlevs!

Here is what our resident video archive compiler posted before they skated:

Go get em Cami & Pavel. I hope you get a medal. You are the most cohesive team out here today.

And another comment from the same member after they skated:

Nice to see a pair team closer in height - the look is great.

Here is a very complimentary comment from one of our Austrian members:

Wow, I remember a Kovalev disaster skate from the beginning of the season, but they are much improved. Well done!

And another from one of our American members:

Camille and Pavel really brought their tech chops when it was needed!

Finally, here is the comment that I wrote while watching the video there now:

Ach, the holster on Camille's leg is still gone! :mad:

The combination looked great on the whole, but possibly an issue with Camille's landing of the last part of it.

Camille 2-footed on landing the Throw Triple Flip late in the programme.

But, apart from those two landings from Camille, everything was beautiful.

Pavel really exhausted at the end. He was doubled up trying to catch his breath.

You know, I think this is the best I have ever seen them skate.

Everybody sitting waiting for the scores were delighted when we came back from the highlights. And even more so when the scores were announced!

Into the lead of both FS and overall. So, guaranteed a medal.

New ISU Season Best scores, but surprised that these are not ISU Personal Best scores (they scored higher at last year's edition).

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the Protocols, apart from the odd solitary -1 here and there from the Judges, there was only one element that had minuses next to it. And that was the Throw Triple Flip that Camille had the 2-footed landing on. It got -4 from Judge 8; -3 from five Judges; and -2 from three Judges. It also got GOE of -1.44.

Camille and Pavel finished the Free Skate 10.31 points behind 2nd position, Sara CONTI / Niccolò MACII (ITA), and 4.10 points ahead of 4th position, Valentina PLAZAS / Maximiliano FERNANDEZ (USA).

Overall, Camille and Pavel were 16.58 points behind 4th position, Conti / Macii, and 4.68 points ahead of 4th position, Plazas / Fernandez.

As you may have gathered, I am so impressed with their performance of the Free Skate in Angers. And I am suddenly feeling very optimistic for the rest of the season. Because if they can keep performing like this, they could cause upsets come the Majors.

Oh, boys, but I am looking forward to seeing how they get on their second visit of the season to Espoo. It will be interesting to see not only how their scores compare to here, but also how they compare to their scores at the Finlandia Trophy.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Camille and Pavel will be making their second Senior GP appearance today at Grand Prix Espoo in Finland.

The Senior Pairs SP is due to start at 14:50:00 CET (13:50:00 GMT / 16:50:00 MSK). So 7 hours from now.

Camille and Pavel will be the 7th partnership to start. So, third and penultimate partnership in Group 2 (and penultimate partnership in the segment).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 15:22:25 CET (14:22:25 GMT / 17:22:25 MSK). So 7h 32m from now

Camille and Pavel are due to start at 15:42:30 CET (14:42:30 GMT / 17:42:30 MSK). So 7h 52m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/960

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Grand Prix Espoo Pairs SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Camille and Pavel finished 7th out of 8 in the SP, with a score of 55.45.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch LIVE (I could actually have watched them, but I forgot! :slink: ). However, I have now watched Camille and Pavel's programme on the archived livestream. So here is a comment along the lines of what I would have written if I had been watching LIVE:

Opening lift good.

Yes! Camille landed the Throw Triple Lutz! (She so often falls on it!)

But not a good landing for her on the Triple Toe.

Couldn't spot anything else wrong until the very end of the programme, when they went out of sync on the final spin before they went into the closing pose.

While waiting for their scores, Camille looked disappointed.

Into 6th with a score of 55.45.

They all look disappointed.

:ghug:

CaroLiza_fan

Camille and Pavel are currently 0.54 points behind 6th position, Ellie KAM / Danny O'SHEA (USA), and 6.89 points ahead of 8th position, Milania VÄÄNÄNEN / Filippo CLERICI (FIN). Camille and Pavel are the bottom partnership of a group of 3 partnerships covered by 1.16 points, which is headed by Brooke McINTOSH / Benjamin MIMAR (CAN).

Unless they have a disaster, Camille and Pavel are not going to drop any positions. However, if they have a good FS, they have a good chance of climbing into the Top 5.

So, let's hope they do have a good FS and do just that!

The Senior Pairs SP is due to start at 14:40:00 EET (12:40:00 GMT / 13:40:00 CET / 15:40:00 MSK). So 6 hours from now.

Camille and Pavel will be the 2nd partnership to start. So, second partnership to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 14:40:00 EET (12:40:00 GMT / 13:40:00 CET / 15:40:00 MSK). So 6 hours from now.

Camille and Pavel are due to start at 14:55:25 EET (12:55:25 GMT / 13:55:25 CET / 15:55:25 MSK). So 6h 53m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/960

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Grand Prix Espoo Senior Pairs FS: Results; Protocols
Grand Prix Espoo Senior Pairs: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXwfeKeoTkg

Camille and Pavel finished 5th out of 8 in the FS, with a score of 97.09. This meant that they climbed to 5th position overall, with a score of 152.54.

Unfortunately, I was eating at the time that Camille and Pavel were on. However, I wound back and watched them about 15 minutes after they had been on. So, here is what I wrote at that time:

OK, decided to wind it back and do an as-live post.

Mmmm. Camille's leg holster is still Missing In Action. :mad: BRING IT BACK!!!

Camille nearly fell just after the opening pose! :drama:

Opening element, the Triple Twist, good.

Double Salchow good

Not the best landings for Camille on either part of combination

Next lift good. So were the spins that they did next.

I thought Camille had a good landing on Throw Triple Lutz, but Mark says it was double-footed.

Aborted lift. Pave tried to lift Camille, and she slipped down his back.

Made up for it in Throw Triple Salchow.

No problems with next lift. It was great.

A real mixed bag of a performance.

I think I may have jinxed them after saying in the Fan Fest report that it would take a disaster skate for them to drop.

But, they don't. Into the lead of the FS and overall.

I'm sure they will be better the next time we see them.

CaroLiza_fan​

Unsurprisingly, most of the comments were about what went wrong. And I don't want to dwell on that any longer. But there was one comment that I want to copy over, which came from our video archive compiler.

lift down, note the bandage on her wrist

Very good spot. That might explain a lot.

Camille and Pavel finished the Free Skate 23.82 points behind 4th position, PENG Cheng / WANG Lei (CHN), and 0.92 points ahead of 6th position, Ellie KAM / Danny O'SHEA (USA).

Overall, Camille and Pavel were 33.62 points behind 4th position, Peng / Wang, and 0.38 points ahead of 6th position, Kam / O'Shea.

There is actually one more comment I want to copy over. And, funnily enough, it also came from our resident video archive compiler:

Go home Cami & Pavel and heal up and come back stronger for your next event. Us fans will look forward to seeing you healthy again.

And I echo that sentiment.

I don't know if Camille and Pavel have any more events before Nationals, but I hope that when they go out there in Vaujany, that they are able to forget about what happened in Espoo, and just concentrate on doing the best that they can. And that they take encouragement from how well they did in their previous events in France.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Camille and Pavel will be back in action today, in their bid to win the Senior Pairs title at the French Championships for the third season in a row.

The Senior Pairs SP is due to start at 16:15:00 CET (15:15:00 GMT / 19:15:00 MSK). So 6 hours from now.

Camille and Pavel will be the 5th partnership to start. So, third and last partnership in Group 2 (and last partnership in the segment).

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 16:34:30 CET (15:34:30 GMT / 19:34:30 MSK). So 6h 19m from now

Camille and Pavel are due to start at 16:54:00 CET (15:54:00 GMT / 19:54:00 MSK). So 6h 39m from now.

More information in the event thread:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/97027

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
CAMILLE AND PAVEL WON THE SHORT PROGRAMME!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

French Championships Senior Pairs SP: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMia_f52G7A

Camille and Pavel finished 1st out of 5 in the SP, with a score of 60.07.

Here is what I wrote in the competition thread at the time:

I was worried that they were getting too close to the boards for the throw that they did as their second element, but Camille had enough room to land it.

Ach, double hands down for Camille on the element she always has issues with. (It's a wonder they don't change it).

But after that, everything went smoothly.

They didn't look very happy after they finished.

Waiting for their results, it does look to have taken it out of them.

They go into the lead, 1.71 points ahead of their team-mates Océane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALIN.

CaroLiza_fan

And here is what another member that was watching LIVE wrote in the competition thread:

Kovalev/Kovalev: One hand down and a little rough here and there, but they narrowly match the power of the music with their energy. Not bad. 60.07, in the lead.

Looking at the Protocols, there was an issue with the opening element, the Triple Twist, that I didn't notice at the time. When I watched it back on the archived livestream to check, it was a very awkward looking catch. Pavel was very late in catching Camille; any later and she would have crashed into his shoulder bringing them both down. It got -2 from Judge 7; -1 from four Judges; and 0 from two Judges. It was also one of only two elements that got negative GOE, at -0.41.

No problems with the throw I mentioned, the Throw Triple Flip. Judges marks of 0 from Judge 5; and +1 from the remaining six Judges. And GOE of +0.53 along with the highest Base Value of the programme meant that it was the second highest scoring element of the programme.

But then we come to the Triple Toe. As you can see from the comments I have pasted in, there was a difference in opinion as to how many of Camille's hands touched the ice. So, I went back to the stream to check. There is no question over her right hand touching; that was obvious. But, her left arm was partially obscured by her body, and it was only very briefly in sight. I watched it full speed a few times, and was unsure. And it was only when I watched it at quarter speed that I was able to confirm that the left hand did touch too. So, my initial call was correct. Anyway, it was called for being landed on the quarter. It got -5 from three Judges; -4 from three Judges; and -2 from Judge 3. and it got the biggest GOE hit of the programme at -1.85.

As I said, everything went smoothly after that. Indeed, there were two elements where the Judges marks were completely +2's and +3's. The Group 3 Lift got three +2's and four +3's. It also got the highes GOE of the programme at +1.33 which, when added to the second highest Base Value of the programme, made it the highest scoring element of the programme.

The Step Sequence that followed got four +2's and three +3's from the Judges. And it also got the second highest GOE of the programme at +0.79.

So, those two elements early on aside, it was a very good programme.

Camille and Pavel are currently 1.71 points ahead of 2nd position, Océane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALIN (COURB), and 8.35 points ahead of 3rd position, Aurélie FAULA / Théo BELLE (PFV).

It is already clear that it is a shoot-out between the two Courbevoie partnerships for the title. And with only 1.71 points between them, it could go either way.

So, Camille and Pavel will have to make sure to put in a good Free Skate to try to ensure that they beat their team-mates.

The Senior Pairs SP is due to start at 15:45:00 CET (14:45:00 GMT / 17:45:00 MSK). So 8 hours from now.

Camille and Pavel will be the 5th partnership to start. So, third and last partnership to go in Group 2 (and last partnership to go in the segment.

The Group 2 Warm-Up is due to start at 16:07:10 CET (15:07:10 GMT / 18:07:10 MSK). So 8h 22m from now.

Camille and Pavel are due to start at 16:29:20 CET (15:29:20 GMT / 18:29:20 MSK). So 8h 44m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/97027

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
CAMILLE AND PAVEL WON THE FREE SKATE AND THE 🥇 GOLD MEDAL!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

French Championships Senior Pairs FS: Results; Protocols
French Championships Senior Pairs: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpAqQF99-V4

Camille and Pavel finished 1st out of 5 in the FS, with a score of 117.81. This meant that they remained in 1st position overall, with a score of 177.88.

And Camille's holster is still missing in action! :mad:

That was magnifique!

OK, so Camille didn't have a perfect landing on the throw in the middle of the programme. But it was much better than a lot of her landings from throws (e.g. yesterday!) And the she had a lovely landing on the later throw!

Everything else looked faultless. I can't find anything to critique.

No doubt about it, the Gold Medal is in the bag. And it's going to be a Courbevoie 1-2.

They look pretty happy waiting for the scores. Sending a whole pile of greetings to family and friends.

Pavel didn't look thrilled with the scores when they were announced, though. Well, I suppose it is a good bit lower than they scored at the Master's earlier in the season.

They win the FS by 14.23 points, and overall by 15.94 points.

CaroLiza_fan​

And here is what another member that was watching LIVE wrote in the competition thread:

Kovalev/Kovalev: popped sbs sal(her)? Throw landing a little rough with a foot down, but she makes it. Otherwise clean. Good energy, maybe a little passion was lacking for a Bond program, but they should easily win. 117.81 / 177.88 first place and the title. Congrats! :clap:

Looking at the Protocols, there were three elements that had issues. The first was the opening element, the Triple Twist. Basically, it was exactly the same problem that they had when they did it at the start of the SP about 24 hours earlier. Pavel caught Camille a bit too late. That said, it got a real mixture of Judges marks, with three -1's; two 0's; +1 from Judge 6; and +2 from Judge 3. The GOE was -0.10.

Personally, I couldn't see anything wrong with the second element, the Double Salchow. And neither did the people who count. It got +1 from two Judges; +2 from four Judges; and +3 from Judge 3.

The third element was the Triple Toe-Double Toe-Single Axel done in sequence. Accpording to the Protocols, the Triple Toe was landed on the quarter. However, the camera shot we were on was not ideal, cutting off Camille's feet completely. So, I couldn't compare how she and Pavel landed and, hence, work out who was short. Anyway, all the Judges gave -1; and it got -0.42 in GOE.

The other element that had issues was the seventh element, the Throw Triple Flip. No doubt about it, Camille had a two-footed landing. She tried to disguise it by then sticking her left leg out, but it wasn't fooling anybody. It got -4 from Judge 6; -3 from four Judges; and -2 from two Judges. It also got the biggest GOE hit of the programme at -1.48.

As we both said, everything else looked good. Incidentally, the other throw I referred to was the penultimate element, the Throw Triple Salchow. And it got 0 from Judge 7; +1 from two Judges; and +2 from the remaining four Judges. It also got GOE of +0.70.

Camille and Pavel finished the Free Skate 14.23 points ahead of 2nd position, Océane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALIN (COURB), and 22.72 points ahead of 3rd position, Lori-Ann MATTE / Noël-Antoine PIERRE (PFV).

Overall, Camille and Pavel were 15.94 points ahead of 2nd position, Piegad / Streakalin, and 38.22 points ahead of 3rd position, Matte / Pierre, and 4th position, Aurélie FAULA / Théo BELLE (PFV).

After a pretty close Short Programme, Camille and Pavel dominated the Free Skate. And it was a great result for the Club Olympique De Courbevoie, as they got a 1-2. And no doubt both partnerships have now sealed their tickets to Kaunas for the European Championships.

With Euros being earlier in January than normal, there aren't actually any international competitions between now and then. So, I suppose the next time we see Camille and Pavel will be at the European Championships.

Can't wait to see how they get on!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Camille and Pavel will be getting their European Championships campaign under way today in Kaunas, Lithuania.

The Senior Pairs SP is due to start at 13:00:00 EET (11:00:00 GMT / 12:00:00 CET / 14:00:00 MSK). So 5 hours from now.

Camille and Pavel will be the 15th partnership to start. So, first partnership in Group 5.

The Group 5 Warm-Up is due to start at 15:24:20 EET (13:24:20 GMT / 14:24:20 CET / 16:24:20 MSK). So 7h 24m from now.

Camille and Pavel are due to start at 15:31:50 EET (13:31:50 GMT / 14:31:50 CET / 16:31:50 MSK). So 7h 31m from now.

More information in the event forum:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/933

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
European Championships Senior Pairs SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Camille and Pavel finished 15th out of 18 in the SP, with a score of 50.90.

Nice Triple Twist to start.

Fall as usual for Camille on the Throw Triple Flip. And it was a very hard one this time.

Fell again on the Triple Toe (I think she bailed out thinking she was too close to the boards)

Hang on, am I imagining things or, when they were doing the death spiral, did I see blood in Camille's mouth?

When they finished, Camille had to go down on the ice. I think it was the combination of pain, the adrenalin running out, and needing to catch her breath.

I think she did hit her face, Chris. You could see a massive bruise forming on her chin already when they were coming off the ice.

Pavel and their coach on their own getting the results. Good. I want Camille to see the doctor as soon as possible.

Into 12th. But that doesn't matter.

ALL THE BEST CAMILLE

:ghug:

CaroLiza_fan

As you can appreciate, most of the comments were members expressing their shock and horror at the fall on the Throw Triple Flip.

A Dutch member who was in the arena added the following comment:

She looks really shaken and groggy. Was on the floor next to the kiss and cry for a couple of minutes and couldn’t get up without help.

Hope for her it is not a concussion.

To which I replied:

After seeing the slow motion replay, I would be surprised if it wasn't a concussion.

I know they have just about qualified for the Free Skate, but I don't want them to be skating again tomorrow. I want them to withdraw for the good of Camille's health.

CaroLiza_fan

Looking at the Protocols, the Triple Twist clearly wasn't as nice as I thought (although, watching it again on the archived livestream, I still can't see anything wrong with it). It got -2 from two Judges; -1 from three Judges; 0 from three Judges; and +1 from Judge 5. It also got the third biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -0.36. Nevertheless, it was still the second highest scoring element of the programme.

Next came the two elements that Camilel fell on. I don't want to dwell on them. But, obviously, they both got -5 from all the Judges. The Throw Triple Flip got -2.65 in GOE; while the Triple Twist got -2.10 in GOE. The latter was also landed on the quarter.

Everything else after that was actually largely positive, with all positive GOE, and only one -2; one -1; and five 0's amongst the Judges marks for the remaining elements. The Group 3 Lift was the best element, getting Juges marks of three +1's; four +2's; and two +3's. It also got the highest GOE of the programme, at +0.95.

Camille and Pavel are currently 0.70 points behind 14th position, Lydia SMART / Harry MATTICK (GBR), and 2.67 points ahead of 16th position, Milania VÄÄNÄNEN / Filippo CLERICI (FIN). Camille and Pavel are at the bottom of a larger group where 7 partnerships are covered by 3.16 points, stretching up to their Courbevoie club team-mates Océane PIEGAD / Denys STREKALIN (FRA) in 9th position.

In a group where so many partnerships are this close, anything can happen. There is the potential to move up considerably if they have a good Free Skate.

But, at the end of the day, Camille's health is the most important thing. So, I hope they don't skate at all today.

GET WELL SOON CAMILLE

The Senior Pairs FS is is due to start at 19:00:00 EET (17:00:00 GMT / 18:00:00 CET / 20:00:00 MSK). So 10 hours from now.

Camille and Pavel will be the 3rd partnership to start. So, third and penultimate partnership to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 19:00:00 EET (17:00:00 GMT / 18:00:00 CET / 20:00:00 MSK). So 10 hours from now.

Camille and Pavel are due to start at 19:23:05 EET (17:23:05 GMT / 18:23:05 CET / 20:23:05 MSK). So 10h 23m from now.

More information in the event forum:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/933

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Time Schedule PDF has been updated to show that Camille and Pavel have withdrawn from the Free Skate.

Good. Camille's health is the most important thing.

Just a pity that the call wasn't made straight after the SP, so that the Crafoords could be put through to the FS. But, I suppose the team wanted to see how Camille felt this morning before making a decision.

GET WELL SOON CAMILLE

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Camille and Pavel will be back in action today at the Challenge Cup in Tilburg, the Netherlands.

The Senior Pairs SP is due to start at 17:10:00 CET (16:10:00 GMT / 19:10:00 MSK). So 9 hours from now.

Camille and Pavel will be the 5th partnership to start. So, first partnership in Group 2.

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the Time Schedule PDF's don't work.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95840

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Challenge Cup Senior Pairs SP: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Camille and Pavel finished 5th out of 8 in the SP, with a score of 52.95.

Unfortunately I was not able to watch the Challenge Cup.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Camille and Pavel are currently 0.34 points behind 4th position, Sophia SCHALLER / Livio MAYR (AUT), and 0.97 points ahead of 6th position, Yuna NAGAOKA / Sumitada MORIGUCHI (JPN). They are the middle partnership in a group where 5 partnerships are covered by 4.45 points, stretching from Isabelle MARTINS / Ryan BEDARD (USA) in 3rd position, 1.61 points ahead of Camille and Pavel, down to Barbora KUCIANOVÁ / Martin BIDAŘ (CZE) in 7th position, 2.84 points behind Camille and Pavel.

Honestly, when you have a group this big and close, anything can happen. With a good Free Skate, they can potentially go back home with a set of Bronze Medals. But if things don't go their way, they could potentially drop to penultimate position.

So, let's hope that they have a good Free Skate and climb up the order!

The Senior Pairs FS is is due to start at 14:40:00 CET (13:40:00 GMT). So 7 hours from now.

Barbora and Martin will be the 2nd partnership to start. So, second partnership to go in Group 1.

The Group 1 Warm-Up is due to start at 14:40:00 CET (13:40:00 GMT). So 7 hours from now.

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the Time Schedule PDF's don't work.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/95840

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan