Cheng Peng & Yang Jin | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Cheng Peng & Yang Jin

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I updated their OP. If there are any additions or corrections I need to make, please tell me?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looking forward to seeing them at Skate Canada. Only 3 more months to wait! :drama: :console:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I saw them entry listed in the Asian Open Challenger.. only two pairs scheduled to compete.. the other pair team is the dynamic duo from North Korea, I believe. Correct me, please, if I am wrong! If true, I really really look forward to that!!

icekiwi

On the Ice
Peng/Jin's new FS -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJqx6RT-w2Q

Absolutely gorgeous!! Peng especially, certainty in her jumps, strength in her legs and upper body. All the hardwork has paid off. She is becoming like Xue Shen in many respect. Beautiful choreography to melt with the technical elements. And Jin, thank you for being such a supportive partner and allowing your partner to develop. It has taken a bit of ups and downs but they are skating like 'one' now, the soft movements across the ice, the ease in and out of the technical elements, most importantly, Peng nailing those jumps with a lot more spring in her legs. Absolutely glorious. Now judges - give them the marks, come the GP please.....

hanca

Record Breaker
You do know that the first jump was a double, don’t you? (Just checking, because you seem to be so pleased that she nailed her jumps...).

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
A beautiful FP... love this version of the song too...good luck this season!!

Mdk0144

On the Ice
You do know that the first jump was a double, don’t you? (Just checking, because you seem to be so pleased that she nailed her jumps...).

I think they’re just planning a double Sal. I saw some of her practices (not for the Asian cup, but) but she never nailed a triple sal successfully. I think it’ll be better for them to go back to the double axels... but it’s their choice.

hanca

Record Breaker
I think they’re just planning a double Sal. I saw some of her practices (not for the Asian cup, but) but she never nailed a triple sal successfully. I think it’ll be better for them to go back to the double axels... but it’s their choice.

I think doing double at a small competition like this is fine, but at GP events, 4CC and worlds they won’t be competitive with a double. To be fair, they are one of the pairs I love watching no matter what they land; they have the presence on ice that draws me in. They are beautiful to watch. But I want them to be competitive with the top pairs, so I want them landing triples.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
I think doing double at a small competition like this is fine, but at GP events, 4CC and worlds they won’t be competitive with a double. To be fair, they are one of the pairs I love watching no matter what they land; they have the presence on ice that draws me in. They are beautiful to watch. But I want them to be competitive with the top pairs, so I want them landing triples.

We all know that, so that’s what they have to train hard for. If her double axels were solid, they could go for a sequence of double axels and a triple toe like he did with his previous partner. But her double axels are also a nemesis, and in fact she almost never nailed a triple sal successfully neither in practice nor in competition, they don’t actually have many chocies. Maybe a triple toe-double toe-double toe and a double axel wouldn’t be that bad, since their consistency of the combination isn’t that bad actually.

And I can’t agree with you more that they are one lf the pairs I love watching no matter what they land. But I hope them to be more competitive and hopefully get a four continents medal this season...?

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Lovely programs this year .. they bring youthful exuberance and spontaneity to their skating so enjoyable to watch. Fingers crossed they do well in their next comp and make the GPF!!:luv17: :luv17::pray:

icekiwi

On the Ice
Congratulations to Peng & Jin on their silver at Skate Canada - totally deserved!!

I would have given them an extra 1-2 points for the SP - their lines, edge control, speed, blade coverage & transitions are so much improved. Their SP was my favorite of the entire Pairs SPs.

If anyone has the Eurosport commentary on their SP, could you please kindly post it here? Thank you in advance!!

There is only Eurosport commentary on their FS on youtube but not the SP.

Even the British guys say in the FS, that Peng Jin has improved in leaps and bounds and their SP was super.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Congratulations to Peng & Jin on their silver at Skate Canada - totally deserved!!

I would have given them an extra 1-2 points for the SP - their lines, edge control, speed, blade coverage & transitions are so much improved. Their SP was my favorite of the entire Pairs SPs.

If anyone has the Eurosport commentary on their SP, could you please kindly post it here? Thank you in advance!!

There is only Eurosport commentary on their FS on youtube but not the SP.

Even the British guys say in the FS, that Peng Jin has improved in leaps and bounds and their SP was super.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoJtdL1dS58&t=284s

I loved their SP!

gossipcow

Rinkside
I'm in the same boat as others, their SP is so cute! I liked it so much I went and looked up the song afterwards. Hope they keep it together at NHK and do a clean FS, so they can secure a spot to GPF (fingers crossed).

icekiwi

On the Ice

Thank you, thank you, Fool, for posting Peng/Jin's Eurosport's SP. :clapper:

After watching that 3-4 times now, I just can't get over their 'air of confidence' and 'speed & ease' in and out of elements. That throw in the SP should have garnered an extra +1 on GOE. The same with their 'throws' in the FS, such height & length, should have an extra +1 at least.

Fingers crossed they get to go to the Grand Prix Final!! That means at least 2nd place podium finish at NHK.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
They deserved 74 for the sp! IDK how come their pcs is only 31. I never expected yang as such a cute skater before :)

icekiwi

On the Ice
They deserved 74 for the sp! IDK how come their pcs is only 31. I never expected yang as such a cute skater before :)

I totally agree, a 74 is deserved. That PC was a bit low considering so many nuances being choreographed into the routine. The dance steps (they look a bit like 'Foxtrot' to me) are right on the beat - so gorgeous. I have seen enough programs over the years that has nothing to do with the music and the skaters just go about with executing the elements.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just watched the SP from the NHK, and noticed something on the graphic.

ZHANG Tianci, who was PENG Cheng's partner before she got together with ZHANG Hao, is now listed as being part of their coaching team.

That must be surreal for both Cheng and Tanci.

There again, it's not the first time we have seen this sort of thing happen. Just look at how many years Tatiana Volosozhar was coached by her former partner, Stanislav Morozov.

CaroLiza_fan