Coaches' Corner | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Coaches' Corner

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Personally I don't see Plushenko Academy as Slytherin, not at all. I don't think this would be SUSFEC's first target, either. Anyway, looking for an Eteri-fitting character Mrs Maxime comes to my mind and her all-girls Academy of Magic ... :biggrin: You remember these all etheric siiiiiighs aaahs ooohs.. and all the boys fainting...:biggrin:
Hmmm maybe 2nd? After all this house is becoming the copy of the 1st house that expoit children. The head of the house makes 10yo train quads and 3A, talk harshly about skaters who left, use teenagers' names to make drama. He doesn't have yet skaters with serious injury but i guess that will come with time since he praised his skater who had a back injury for skating at a meaningless event with pain. And bonus, that skater with a back injury practice extended biellman.
Oh and bad choreo:biggrin:

Magill

Record Breaker
I can agree to Mishin (the Professor) Dumbledore.
Dannii as the basilisc is surely appealing to me.
Dudakov for Hagrid, no question about it, everyone loves him and he just loves raising dragons...
I see Plushy as Sirius Black - everyone thinks he's evil but he turns out to be unjustly accused, fights for his good name, still a bit crazy and arrogant as he is ...

Don't insist on being nasty. Just be creative :biggrin:

icybear

Medalist
I can agree to Mishin (the Professor) Dumbledore.
Dannii as the basilisc is surely appealing to me.
Dudakov for Hagrid, no question about it, everyone loves him and he just loves raising dragons...
I see Plushy as Sirius Black - everyone thinks he's evil but he turns out to be unjustly accused, fights for his good name, still a bit crazy and arrogant as he is ...

Don't insist on being nasty. Just be creative :biggrin:
Nope. Sirius was one of my favourite characters because of how much he cared about Harry unconditionally. The way Plushenko treats his own son is polar opposite.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Although not a coach, Dave Lease could be Rita Skeeter. That's about as much as I can contribute to the Potterverse...

How about Tolkien? Have we got a Saruman or Eowyn skating equivalent anywhere? Maybe Mishin could be Gandalf the White to Kolyada's Theoden, early to say though.

Narnia might also be up my alley. Edmund Pevensie for any redeemed coaches?

Magill

Record Breaker
Although not a coach, Dave Lease could be Rita Skeeter. That's about as much as I can contribute to the Potterverse...

How about Tolkien? Have we got a Saruman or Eowyn skating equivalent anywhere? Maybe Mishin could be Gandalf the White to Kolyada's Theoden, early to say though.

Narnia might also be up my alley. Edmund Pevensie for any redeemed coaches?
Cannot see anyone as Edmund, sorry, not yet. But if we talk about Tolkien, then serious, mysterious, silent, deep-eyed Aragorn can have just one equivalent in the gloomy and treacherous world of Russian FS .... hot Sergey, of course!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This thread has taken a very strange indeed!

Plushy - by publicly stating how Alina sought out his advice on quads.
Surely he must have known that would cause grief for Alina with a coach who doesn't like "betrayals"
I would argue Eteri started it with her shameful attack calling Plushy a fake coach. Frankly I find it disturbing that Eteri is apparently so jealous that she would try and trash a man's career over a discussion about quads. That's insane!

esteticlove

Final Flight
the part about the scoring, what is so outrageous for some posters here:

- The very atmosphere - yes, finally there was a sports fight. I want to congratulate the girls, and Kamila, and Daria with the second and third places. They are strong skaters, they have a great future. And they have a good team. But I'm not happy with the short program grades of all three girls. Read a lot of comments - why? Here is the answer.
At the age of 14, you cannot put "tens" for components. This is junior skating, and no matter how beautiful they skate, no matter how beautiful the lines and spins are, this is not "ten". Under the previous system, this is 6.0. This is a priori wrong. Where should they grow further? Some referees, coaches, and the leadership of the federation have already agreed with me - that it was somewhat wrong. I'm telling you honestly. Let this truth be harsh. Valieva's 10 points is impossible.
- How do you explain this?
- Referee's mistake. I will not go into details, we talked about this topic and figured it out. But I want to say one thing - there are athletes for whom I will drown. And I will not allow any judge to do the wrong thing against my athletes. I love justice. Sasha didn't win the short program, it's true. But she took not third, but second place, and lost not 10 points, but 5-6. I agree with this scenario, Valieva was taller. But why do I need to overestimate one and decrease points for my skaters?
I understand that the judges wanted to create a safety cushion for the free program. I know these judges, I even know where they are and whom they drive. But I don't want to go into specifics. Let's all understand that the time has come for justice. There is one school and there is another. You need to treat everyone equally. I had a substantive conversation ...
- With the leadership of the federation?
- Let's confine ourselves to this wording - I think they heard me. However, our result does not mean that we need to hang the crown. They are very strong rivals, and we didn’t succeed in much. We went for the triple axel for the first time, a really difficult element. Without belittling anyone's merits - Sasha generally skated with a cold. But this is our problem, we dealt with it.

I read this opinion from the posters many times here.

For someone who is ranting that judges were corrupted, it is quite interesting to see that he knows them quite closely... a lot of talks seem to have been done there. ;)

MintGreen

On the Ice
I would argue Eteri started it with her shameful attack calling Plushy a fake coach. Frankly I find it disturbing that Eteri is apparently so jealous that she would try and trash a man's career over a discussion about quads. That's insane!
I agree. It all started from Eteri calling Plushenko out for "luring" her skaters and then starting to attack him. This happened sometime around end of last year. Everything else was just the aftermath. I think Plushy is totally entitled to defend himself.

Anybody remember the calling out of TAT by Eteri in the same episode? The poem quoted by Eteri? And "you all go to hell" by TAT? It all started from there... Speaking of a drama queen. 🤣