Coaches' Corner | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Coaches' Corner

esteticlove

Final Flight
I never understood why Plushy went after ladies training and not men. At the end of the day, it makes sense to start with a discipline that was closest to him, especially when you take into consideration that he came from a very strong technical school. He could actually share the "podium" of successful coaches together with Eteri - she being 1st in ladies and he in men. This is also the only weak spot of the Russian FS right now.. I was wondering if it has to do with his son who seemes to be the only long-term investment regarding coaching and effort (which ofc is understandable)

Amei

Record Breaker
I never understood why Plushy went after ladies training and not men. At the end of the day, it makes sense to start with a discipline that was closest to him, especially when you take into consideration that he came from a very strong technical school. He could actually share the "podium" of successful coaches together with Eteri - she being 1st in ladies and he in men. This is also the only weak spot of the Russian FS right now.. I was wondering if it has to do with his son who seemes to be the only long-term investment regarding coaching and effort (which ofc is understandable)

Well I think part of why he went after ladies is that is the media favorite right now and where the biggest bang for your time is

silveruskate

On the Ice

Sergey Rozanov interview

Most interesting part to me was his comment on Nathan that Nathan can do 2 clean free programs back to back with minimal rest in between.

He also believes a quint is possible. And mentioned Yuma Kagiyama's 4T being like a triple.

Last edited: